Live PotterCast Recording to Discuss Japanese Trailer

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
January 23, 2009, 02:01 PM

Surprise! We've made a last-minute change to this week's recording schedule (which wasn't supposed to include a live show).

It will start at 4:30 p.m. ET (9:30 p.m. GMT / 1:30 p.m. PT) - sorry for the short notice, and also that it's during the day, but this is the only time we can all do it. Go watch the trailer (see the news post before this one) and well see you there. Here's how you take part:

We will be using TalkShoe so that you can listen in and take part in the episode. We will be soliciting your Snape input, and frankly, we're worried that you all are kinda opinionless on him, so read up and try to figure out what you think about it, OK? ;)

Here's what you have to do:

If you would like to listen via the Internet, click here. You will be directed to a chat, but do not have to be a member to be part of it nor do you have to actually chat. Audio of the recording should start playing on your computer.

If you would like to listen via phone, you can call 1.724.444.7444 and enter the call ID 28012#. You will then be prompted to enter a pin number:

-If you are a member of TalkShoe (you don't have to be) you can enter your TalkShoe pin ID to be recognized by your name on the call.
-If you are not a member of TalkShoe, you simply follow the instructions (most likely pressing "1" and then "#") to listen in on the call.

We will routinely be taking questions from the chat and from callers (and more frequently from those who are members of TalkShoe, as we can determine order of call for members), so please join us!

See you there! And stay tuned for more exciting live news coming this week!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

KC Yay! New trailers always make my day better….this whole fake Obama thing rather entertaining as well…yay for the trailer again!
Posted by KC on January 23, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
doloresporter

hmpf it sucks that we can’t chat. it’s too crowded over there

Posted by doloresporter on January 23, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Barack Obama

To Harry Potter fans (at KC’s comment and Leaky Cauldron),
Thank you for saying I am entertaining, and to be honest, your comment quite cheered me up today, actually I don’t blame fans for saying I am fake, because you wouldn’t really find the ‘president’ on a Harry Potter fan site, would you!!!

Posted by Barack Obama on January 23, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
BigHeadedWeasley

Melissa, you need to allow more people. Chat is at capacity again.

Posted by BigHeadedWeasley on January 23, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
beck

how do i listen if talkshoe wont work for me??
will the recording be added to your site soon??
please do as i would like to hear this

Posted by beck on January 23, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Aziz

If you were Barack Obama, you wouldn’t have a sixth grader’s grammar skills. Pathetic try.

Posted by Aziz on January 23, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Sophie

That was an awesome show! Can’t wait for the next PotterCast and the next chapter of the acting troupe <3

—Love from Norway!

Posted by Sophie on January 23, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
l-u-n-a

I was too late. I got home from school late and only got to hear a few seconds. I just have bad luck. I haven’t been able too listen live.

Posted by l-u-n-a on January 23, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Jessica P

Lucky I caught the tail end of the recording a couple of mins ago, after checking what time it was then in NY.
I’ll watch the trailer later, thanks PotterCasters!!!

Posted by Jessica P on January 23, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Brad

Great success besides Talkshoe crapping out now and again. I was BigHeadedWeasley, in case anyone noticed me.

I had my 10 seconds of fame when the Pottercast trio (Frak wasn’t there) all laughed at my joke about McCain listening to Mugglecast. It was awesome.

Posted by Brad on January 23, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Roseann

This is why i like this web site Melissa is always on here reading comments and e mails all the time not just once a week. You are doing a great job and we all love ya and the site!!!

Posted by Roseann on January 23, 2009, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

Come on Leaky get on the ball and upload this on itunes I want to listen!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on January 24, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Hermionegirl

LOL at the presidents in the comments.
And I agree with Kiwi Mc, hurry up and upload this to iTunes!

Posted by Hermionegirl on January 24, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
corkypygmy

i agree with Aziz…

Posted by corkypygmy on January 24, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Cian

I was fortunate enough to be one of the callers for this episode, always a pleasure to be able to talk to them!

Posted by Cian on January 26, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It felt very strange to be standing here in Aunt Petunia's surgically clean kitchen... and talking calmly of Lord Voldemort to Uncle Vernon. The arrival of the dementors in Little Whinging seemed to have caused a breach in the great, invisible wall that d