"Half-Blood Prince" Film Released in Italy on July 15, 2009

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
January 22, 2009, 01:38 PM

There is news today from WB Italy, who announced that the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film will be opening in Italy on Wednesday, July 15, 2009.  Paolo Ferrari, the President of Warner Bros. Pictures Italia, is quoted as saying in regards to the upcoming release:

"It's really important to support theater's business in hot months, and so [this] event next summer WB will play a great role. Harry Potter had demonstrate[d] his power on the July box office, and I'm sure he will confirm his [extraordinary] potential."
As readers will remember, the sixth film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, will hit theaters in the US, UK, and additional major international markets  on July 17, 2009.

Thanks to GiratempoWeb.net and PortKey.it for the tip.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Rica

lucky italy.

Posted by Rica on January 22, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Kelley

As happy as I am for Italy, it does upset me that the US and even the UK and the rest of the world pretty much are waiting still. I don’t understand why. If i knew why, it probably wouldn’t bother me quite as much. I still don’t understand why they can’t release it on the same day around the world…???

Posted by Kelley on January 23, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Loz

I can’t believe the ignorance of some people on here.

Do they really think that every single country in all of the world has movie releases on Fridays???

No, they don’t – for instance here in Australia our film release days are Thursdays, never Fridays.

And it still baffles me that a few Americans complain about not having the same release date – what’s the difference? The time zone has you guys a day behind so you’d still get the movie a day late (aside the midnight screenings).

Posted by Loz on January 23, 2009, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Annemette

Here in Denmark we also get it on Wednesday :D
First time ever we get some good things here in Dk!

Posted by Annemette on January 23, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Martha

We Americans might get it on the 15th too. It’s possible. Even though movies are usually released on Fridays here. Remember in 2007, all the advertisements for “OotP” said it would be released on Friday the 13th of July, but it it turned out to really be released on Wednesday the 11th. Isn’t that right? The same thing could possibly happen here, I suppose. We didn’t know last time until the last minute so maybe… Didn’t “OotP” break some kind of record for being the most popular mid-week opening movie or am I misremembering completely?

Posted by Martha on January 23, 2009, 04:28 AM report to moderator
Ro

I live in Italy so.. I really like this little “gift”! ;)
But onestly it’s not such a big deal, I mean..it’s just 2 days so I think everyone outside Italy could survive till the 17th

Posted by Ro on January 23, 2009, 05:33 AM report to moderator
freya

OMG!!! that is unfair it is a british film i think everyone should get it at the same time but if anyone is going to get it first it should be us in tht UK!!!

Posted by freya on January 23, 2009, 06:16 AM report to moderator
Marauder

@Loz: actually, here in Italy movie releases are on Fridays too. But I think it’s coming early here because summers are pretty hot in Italy, and no one wants to go to the cinema in sunny days – even if there’s air conditioning and all.

Or maybe they want to make HBP something really special – hence the release on Wednesday.

Posted by Marauder on January 23, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Picazo

NOOO THAT NOT FAIR. we all have to wait now why Italy is getting an early treat….what about USA.UK etc….sike nah is ok enjoy it guys…GOOO HPB>>>

Posted by Picazo on January 23, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator
liv

OMG!!! I LIVE IN ITALY!!!! HOW’S THIS POSSIBLE?!? I NEVER GET TO SEE STUFF BEFORE PEOPLE DO IN THE US! I’M SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Posted by liv on January 23, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator
lauhermione

Lucky i’m Italian!!!

Posted by lauhermione on January 23, 2009, 09:15 AM report to moderator
StarKnight

I’m italian… this time I feel lucky :-D

Posted by StarKnight on January 23, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
el

I am confused isn’t it winter in July in Italy? Is it still hot then?

Posted by el on January 23, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Eva Hedwig Wht should I " support WB theater’s business" ? They were not interested in our money in Nov. now I am not interested in their sordid business affairs in July.

Jusitice

Posted by Eva Hedwig on January 23, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
lucy

yay i get to see it before everyone else!!!

Posted by lucy on January 23, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted at the very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life."