"Half-Blood Prince" Film Released in Italy on July 15, 2009

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
January 22, 2009, 01:38 PM

There is news today from WB Italy, who announced that the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film will be opening in Italy on Wednesday, July 15, 2009.  Paolo Ferrari, the President of Warner Bros. Pictures Italia, is quoted as saying in regards to the upcoming release:

"It's really important to support theater's business in hot months, and so [this] event next summer WB will play a great role. Harry Potter had demonstrate[d] his power on the July box office, and I'm sure he will confirm his [extraordinary] potential."
As readers will remember, the sixth film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, will hit theaters in the US, UK, and additional major international markets  on July 17, 2009.

Thanks to GiratempoWeb.net and PortKey.it for the tip.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Stella

Hopefully this means that Australia will get it early, too, rather than nearly 20 days later, as was scheduled for the 2008 release. On IMDB, it says we get it on the 16th, but I’m not sure of their sources, because they have Italy listed as 17th July.

Posted by Stella on January 22, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Lorelai Thats cool. But I wish it was comming out on the 15th here. :( But hey we all had to wait almost a year when they pushed it back so 2 days is fine I guess.
Posted by Lorelai on January 22, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
shaelynn

i forget, will tHBP be available in 3D ??
aanywho, lucky Italy..i’ll definitely have to stay away from Leaky and HPforums for a few daays to evade spoilers =))

Posted by shaelynn on January 22, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
John

I’m optimistic that HBP will be released in US, CA, UK, and other places on the 15th. It means a longer opening weekend, and that certainly helped with the Order of the Phoenix. Why wouldn’t WB take it up again if it helped them before?

Posted by John on January 22, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Kia

The date is also changed to July 15th, in Denmark. Warner Bros. Denmark (Sandrew Metronome) has stated that the premiere will most likely be moved from July 17 to July 15 around the world: http://azkaban.dk/index.p hp?option=com_content&tas k=view&id=822&Itemid=1

Posted by Kia on January 22, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

Oh, thats real fair! Now we are all going to be tempted to take a look at the sneaked scenes on youtube. Great.. Just Great….. 0_o

Posted by Crown Victoria on January 22, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Kia

Link repair: http://azkaban.dk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=822&Itemid=1

Posted by Kia on January 22, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Marauder

YAY!!! For once, I’m happy to be Italian!

Posted by Marauder on January 22, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Christine

I’ll probably look at the leaked videos anyway. =) So this is good for me. xD

Posted by Christine on January 22, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
mr. sprout

thats a bit weird…. why Italy?
gahhh no fair

Posted by mr. sprout on January 22, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Jess

You guys should stop complaining about two days! Originally it was going to come out in Australia one month later! But now, of course, it is coming out on July 16th here in Australia :)

Posted by Jess on January 22, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

I don’t watch anything, on YouTube, anyway! Not movies…trailers, yes. Movies, no. I’d rather wait until the 17th [it’s only two days later] and get the whole “theater/opening day” experiance!

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 22, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Emily

Ahh! Lucky Italians. I might just have to convince my family to vacation there this summer…

Posted by Emily on January 22, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
NuttyAsSP

I’m still miffed WB put in the ‘attack on the Burrow’ scene in HBP – so stupid – there’s an attack on the Burrow in DH, why not have it there?

Posted by NuttyAsSP on January 22, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Jenny

I wonder why they get to see the movie two days before the UK and the US. Oh, well lucky them. I don’t think I can live that long!:(

Posted by Jenny on January 22, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"No, don' go! I've -- I've never met another one before!"[br]"Anuzzer [i]what,[/i] precisely?" said Madame Maxime, her tone icy...[br]"Another half-giant, o' course!" said Hagrid.[br]"'Ow dare you!" shrieked Madame Maxime.