Rumor Alert: Half-Blood Prince Trailers and Posters oh My!

HBP Film
January 20, 2009, 01:17 PM

Rumor Alert! Many reports are online, first brought to us by Portkey.it, stating that the full trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be attached to Inkheart in theaters this weekend.  Please note, some are saying this will be a new trailer, however it is most likely (if true) that this will be the trailer released back at the end of November. Also, reports say is that we will see an official HBP movie poster within the next few weeks. WB does not comment on rumors such as this, so please keep all of this in the rumor category for now!

Thanks to Portkey and all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Crown Victoria

I was going to see Inkeheart anyway. But either way, its most likely not going to show in Canada. Probablt for Americans only, as usual

Posted by Crown Victoria on January 20, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
SRP

I loved that fake poster of the silver doe glowing in the forest…..and now I can’t find it in my files. Anyone have a link to it?

Posted by SRP on January 20, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Random Person

I was going to see Inkheart anyways, so I’ll get a bonus. :-D
I’d LOVE to see a new poster and trailer soon. July just won’t come fast enough.

Posted by Random Person on January 20, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Tom M

I don’t want another trailer! We’ve had 3 already!! I don’t have the will power to ignore any trailers, so please don’t tempt me WB!

Posted by Tom M on January 20, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Tom M

Oh and by the way – Inkheart is a good film, so go and see it!

Posted by Tom M on January 20, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
John

TOO MANY PICTURES! TOO MANY TRAILERS!

This is Goblet of Fire all over again. They’re scared that the movie’s going to be a flop (PoA didn’t do too well, and the economy may stop people from spending big on movies this time around), so they’re desperately pumping money into this to beef it up.

I could make a decent slideshow of the entire movie, right now, with promotional images and trailer footage. No joke. Some people on YouTube already did that.

Posted by John on January 20, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
lizetm

Trailer or not, gonna go see Inkheart. Haven’t read the books, but I have a close friend who has and says they’re pretty cool.

Can’t wait to see the poster,

Posted by lizetm on January 20, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Evelyn

Great! The one movie I wasn’t planning on seeing and they finally decide to show the trailer in theaters. They should have shown it a long time ago, and they lied when they said that they would show it for about three other movies.:(

Posted by Evelyn on January 20, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Richie

Yeah, that is disappointing. Oh, well. At least they’re going to be showing it now.

Posted by Richie on January 20, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

Sure we already have 4 trailers (if we have to include the one with the logo and Dumbledore speaking. lol.) but this will most likely will be the last one. Besides… it kinda makes sense. I mean… they start filming DH in nearly two weeks, don’t they? I’m sure they want to finish the promotional stuff for HBP right now so they can spend quality time on the filming.
Is it safe to assume the next trailer will be the same one that was just released in Japan??

Posted by T-Vey on January 20, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

I really expected a poster back in November during the holiday movie rush. I hope it’s good. I’ll be disappointed if it’s just another “Harry pointing his wand” poster, though the past two films have had strong teaser posters, so we’ll see.

Posted by mollywobble on January 20, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

Posted by mollywobble on January 20, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Jen

Sweet! I’m seeing that movie. I hope it’s the new trailer but I’ll be happy to see the old one too. They are always more exciting to see on the big screen!

Posted by Jen on January 20, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Lorelai

Yes! I’ve been wondering about when the poster would come out. And squeee for the trailer! :)

Posted by Lorelai on January 20, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator
iheartpink

was any1 else suddenly hit with a case of deja vu? REMEMBER: 1st, there was a rumor about a trailer during prince caspian and then there was going to be 1 for the mummy 3, but instead the release date got pushed back 6 months!!! i just cant believe any more rumors. but im going to inkheart anyway. it was an amazing book. i just hope they dont butcher the movie.

Posted by iheartpink on January 20, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, including all the stuff that Luna Lovegood comes out with."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014