Emma Watson: Test Shoots on "Deathly Hallows" To Take Place on Monday January 26

DH Film
January 20, 2009, 05:51 PM

As a followup to the post below, actress Emma Watson has now posted a new blog entry via her official website where she writes about the upcoming production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Noting that she has has few costume fittings and a hair appointment to make her hair a bit more brown for her role as Hermione Granger, Emma Watson says that on Monday (January 26) she will be going in for a few test shoots for Deathly Hallows Part One. She also says while is she is uncertain if the shoots will involve rehearsals as well, she is excited to be back and notes its been a long period of time since she has seen Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Finally Emma Watson writes she is excited to see if they have cast any new actors for the final two Harry Potter movies.

Principal photography is set to formally begin next month for a 54 week shoot on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with part one due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two in May of 2011.

On a related note, Emma says she is sitting the SATs this weekend before the test shoots, so she may apply to Universities here in the US, and has recently completed a vacation to Cuba.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

H

A bit more brown? I don’t want to see a blonde hair on her head for this movie! I hope her college search is going well- stressful stuff, that. And of course the fandom will still be around after the movies are over.

Posted by H on January 21, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
H

Patrick, “y’all” misspelled naive. You can suffocate on your own, because the rest of us will still be here.

Posted by H on January 21, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator
hermione

patrick tell us more about emma at yale!

Posted by hermione on January 21, 2009, 11:04 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ Anyone who answers: Why do you think WB changed the Look of Narcissa Malfoy?You know what I mean they got it right the first time and then they changed it. Im not one to go all balistic and crazy over it, but I just cant think of a reason and it bugs me. Anyway I cant wait to hear which charactors are cast in the movie.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 22, 2009, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Arlo

Speaking of hair for DH…..Saw Equus yeaterday and Dan’s hair is getting quite long- not Goblet of Fire long-yet but well over his eyebrows in front and longer layers in the back slightly wavy as well. My husband even noticed that he looked a bit ‘scruffy’ and asked me if it was for the film, I didn’t think much of it at the time (was looking at other parts of his body!;-) but yes, his hair is definitely longer than he has worn it in quite a while. He could just be trying to keep warm, though! BTW his performance is magnificant!

Posted by Arlo on January 22, 2009, 08:56 AM report to moderator
angel junior

hola espero qe estes bien amiga ps yo soy del Peru, qiero decir qe ers hermosa eres un angel ps me henamore de ti espero qe me entiendas,
ps eres una persona marabillosa sabes no tengo palabras qe decirte .ps me despido amiga te deceo lo mejor

Posted by angel junior on January 22, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
hannah

january 26th.. the same day as my physics exam..:L what a Coincidence lol. it’s really sad!!! their filming the last flilm..(nearly!) it must be soo wiered for emma,rupert and dan I mean they’ve been filming harry potter since they were like 12!! i hope the last 2 films are the best yet! :)

Posted by hannah on January 22, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
avery E.

I hope she does well on her SATs. I know I didnt. The scale was changed from 1600 scale to a 2400 scale and my year was the first to test it out. Good Luck Emma!

Posted by avery E. on January 22, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ H, I think the people in the hair department are color blind. Emma needs more brown hair not blonde and Narcissa or Helen needs a Blonder wig or whatever. Cant get it straight. Oh well. Wont mess up anything just is a little annoying.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 22, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Mell

Heh, I can hear the gears turning inside D/E shippers heads, as they think how they can explain away Emma’s statement about not seeing Dan since the summer (despite both of them being in NY at the same time at one point!).

Oh surely she must lie!

Posted by Mell on January 22, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Patrick

yes H, make fun of the word “y’all,” it shows your outstanding maturity. and hermione, my cousin met her in the library of all places.. haha, very hermione esqe (SP?) i sent the picure to Leaky and they didnt respond!

Posted by Patrick on January 22, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
vj

hey on the topic of harry potter being over who here would actually like to see a harry potter tv show. I’m askin this because while the movies are pretty exciting they miss a lot of the stuff in the book. Some things i really wanted to see on the big screen where never there so i’d like to gather votes on whether u guys would like to see a new television show of sorts that goes through all of harry’s years at hogwarts full on. Reply back

Posted by vj on January 22, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Mell

I’d certainly be interested in Harry Potter tv-series. If done respectfully with all Brittish cast. I think BBC could definitely do it. The movies had to leave out way too much, a tv-series could devote enough time for each book.

Maybe it’ll get done someday, not soon, but in a decade or two.

Posted by Mell on January 22, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
yeahyeahyeah

hey it’s just as funny to see all these r/e shippers freaking out that Emma’s seen Rupert in the fall. It must mean she loves him, right? Uh huh

Posted by yeahyeahyeah on January 23, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
dude

hold up…..they r splitting deathly hallows in 2?

Posted by dude on January 23, 2009, 12:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"We haven't been down to visit Hagrid yet," said Harry.[br]"Okay," said Ron, "just as long as he doesn't ask us to donate a few fingers to the skrewts."