New Half-Blood Prince Trailer Running in Japan, New Stills of Snape on the Tower, Greyback, Draco and More

HBP Film
January 18, 2009, 10:36 AM

Thanks to Pottermania for letting us know about a trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that is running in Japan, that contains many new images from the upcoming film. You can see new stills of this trailer via this link, including a remarkable look at Snape on the Astronomy tower,  wand at hand, gesturing to Harry to remain silent right before those pivotal events with Dumbledore,  as well as a dramatic photo of Greyback dragging a victim, while the Death Eaters are creating havoc in Diagon Alley. UPDATE: At the request of Pottermania, we must ask you to view all of the remaining photos including ones of Draco, Luna in the Lion hat and more via their website. Please note: These stills are heavily watermarked and in some instances are blurry. We do not know if when this trailer will be released or online and will update with more when we can. Thanks T!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Nakomi

The trailer shown in comments WASN’T the japan trailer.
First nothing news and second i’ve read the description posted by Pottermania and i CAN assure you that link given weren’t to the Japan trailer .

Posted by Nakomi on January 19, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
TrioFan

Posted by Will on January 18, 2009, 01:37 PM
“…. Still, though, did anyone notice that the pic of a bloody Harry on a magazine cover? Yes. Well, I guess it’s not in the film. Harry doesn’t appear to even have a scratch on him from the ending of the theatrical trailer.”

This was the cover of Empire magazine from late last year. The title was “Bloody Hell”. At first I thought it was a shot from the movie, but a couple of weeks later I got another movie magazine from my local theatre, with the same cover shot of Harry – minus the cuts, bruises and broken glasses. Looks like it was just photoshopped for the cover of Empire.

I’m getting more and more excited for this movie. Hopefully the PG rating won’t affect the dark and scary scenes.

Posted by TrioFan on January 19, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

Eh, i don’t care why or what Snape’s doing in that picture. I’m patient enough just to enjoy it all and wait for the finished product to screen this summer. I must say i am enthralled by Dan’s neck in that particular screen grab- i feel rather like a vampire lol! Just in case the wb are reading this, i am going to say that there had better be a hot kiss between Harry and Ginny in THIS movie!

Posted by radcakesfan on January 19, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Jack

Wow! These pics look awesome. I’m really looking forward to the movie now. The more pics and trailers I look at, the more excited I get. I wish July would get here already!

Posted by Jack on January 19, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

@ Pottershrink:

Honestly, we only know what’s going on in these pics because we’ve read the books. People who haven’t will be intrigued by these things.

I hope there’s someone in the theater when I see it who hasn’t read the books and hasn’t heard somewhere that Snape kills Dumbledore. I want to hear them react! That’s one reason I love going to see the movie for the billionth time about a month after its release. Most people who wait that long to see it are casual fans and probably haven’t read the books.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on January 19, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
hericus

:-( No trailer yet?… THIS SUCKS, i hate waiting! =]

Posted by hericus on January 19, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Ginalis

Where did you guys see the trailer?!!

Posted by Ginalis on January 19, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
MaGeBlAsT

lemme guess. in may , WB will delay harry potter HBP once again, it would not be a surprise for me,

Posted by MaGeBlAsT on January 19, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Tim

How come the japs get a new trailer

Posted by Tim on January 19, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
brittany

i love the pic of snape…& of the one w/ ron/harry giving each other some type of handshake thing…shows that they are friends

Posted by brittany on January 19, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
McFU

For those compaining about the shhshing of Snape to Harry. See the dang movie before getting so angry. We have no idea what the context of that seen is. For all we know he could be shhshing him after saying something sinister. Point is we have a bunch of teeny boppers on here spouting off their"anger" over something they have not even seen yet. Don’t ASSUME anything until you have seen it. You might find you waste a lot less time being angry over something that may turn out to be something great.

I hope that this scene is something special so all of you doing the bashing now can eat some crow.

Posted by McFU on January 19, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Glenn

I cannot find this trailer anywhere online, someone must have it for them to take screens of it? So where is it!!!!!

Posted by Glenn on January 19, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ McFU I love you! That is the exact same thing I have been trying to say for the last I dont know how many times, I have posted on here. Whether it was about Narcissa Malfoys look, or PG rating or the screen caps before us, dont assume anything. And dont be a bunch of grindylows for gods sake. I am just as Devoted as the next person but I live with what I can get. Believe me, I dont want to get into it but I still wonder why they showed us a picture of Narcissa with Long Blonde hair and Dark velvet green dress on and then go and change it. But Im also not going to have a heart attack over it because – At least she is in the movie.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 20, 2009, 12:29 AM report to moderator
dead don jon

finally! people who share my sentiment! thank you so much! some fans really do take this to seriously. i mean i love the books ridiculously, they are some of my favorites, but i also love the films and dont understand why people complain and moan and groan all the time over them. so thank you for feeling the same way. this film is going to be great. ::)

Posted by dead don jon on January 20, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Jessie

Bah, I would very much like to see it!

Posted by Jessie on January 20, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator

"Can you see all your family standing around you?"[br] "No -- I'm alone -- but I'm different -- I look older -- and I'm head boy!"[br] [i]"What?"[/i][br] "I am -- I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to -- and I'm holding the house cup and the Quiddi