New Half-Blood Prince Trailer Running in Japan, New Stills of Snape on the Tower, Greyback, Draco and More

HBP Film
January 18, 2009, 10:36 AM

Thanks to Pottermania for letting us know about a trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that is running in Japan, that contains many new images from the upcoming film. You can see new stills of this trailer via this link, including a remarkable look at Snape on the Astronomy tower,  wand at hand, gesturing to Harry to remain silent right before those pivotal events with Dumbledore,  as well as a dramatic photo of Greyback dragging a victim, while the Death Eaters are creating havoc in Diagon Alley. UPDATE: At the request of Pottermania, we must ask you to view all of the remaining photos including ones of Draco, Luna in the Lion hat and more via their website. Please note: These stills are heavily watermarked and in some instances are blurry. We do not know if when this trailer will be released or online and will update with more when we can. Thanks T!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

mollywobbles23

Um, herpo? Calm down. How in the world does that ruin the Snape debate for nonreaders? I think it sparks it because let’s face it: the movies have failed to deliver on Snape’s ambiguity. So, Snape tells Harry to be quiet and Harry does so, thinking he is going to go save DD, but he instead kills DD. How does this ruin the debate?

Posted by mollywobbles23 on January 18, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Milo

Yeah lol whats everyones problem with that pic? its awesome, its snapes ‘betrayal’ and henceforth leads on to harry chasing him down hogwarts. It doesnt ruin the future plot in any way, i think some of you have got confused.

Posted by Milo on January 18, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Stephanie

I’m feeling if-y about this. Some of the reports that I’ve read from people who have seen early screenings say that the final battle sequence or Dumbledore’s funeral do NOT take place. Also, I can see why the Snape thing is causing some controversy… Harry is supposed to be immobilized underneath the invisibility cloak, watching Dumbledore’s murder helplessly. Apparently Harry goes quietly and watches everything from under the stairs… and that’s when Snape tells him to be quiet… ?! I don’t know, I just think that this encounter is sort of strange because Harry finds out about Snape selling his parents out to Voldemort right before they leave to go to the cave. I just hope all these rumors aren’t true. I’ll be really disappointed after all this anticipation.

Posted by Stephanie on January 18, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
steph

Can’t wait till the trailer is online. YAYA so excited

Posted by steph on January 18, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
steph

Can’t wait till the trailer is online. YAYA so excited

Posted by steph on January 18, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
GinaC

Always excited to hear about another trailer! (Though we should have already seen the movie by now! Aaargh!)

Re: Snape shushing Harry, I think I can get over that. I can see how that works better in the movie than Harry immobilized under the invisibility cloak. I think in a way it makes the whole thing more of a betrayal because for the first time Harry decides to trust Snape and do as he says, and look what happens.

Posted by GinaC on January 18, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Naomi

I saw the new trailer when I was watching a movie in Tokyo !!! It was SO exciting!!

Posted by Naomi on January 18, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
decarus

Do we know if harry finds out that snape was the one who told voldemort about the prophecy? I think i am okay with the shushing too. I think i remember the people who saw the film saying that the moment before snape finds harry under the floorboards that they felt like it was right at the moment when harry was about to do something to save dumbledore. Then snape appears and tells him to wait and goes up so i think it works. I am not sure that it would have quite worked having harry under the cloak. The only think i don’t understand is how the death eaters get on top of the tower without walking past harry. Did they apparate onto the tower (I hope not) or was there more then one way of getting to the top of the tower?

Posted by decarus on January 18, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

I LOVE IT. Go somewhere else with your negativity. The movies are awesome in there own little way, and they keep getting better. This makes me even more excited for the next trailer to hold us off until summer time. OH and for those who were worried that it wasnt dark enough and the PG thing and Blah blah, go back and take a good look, if your not convinced something is wrong.- WITH YOU!

Posted by BellaSnape on January 18, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
SRP

Check out the red store front behind Greyback in Diagon Alley….they’ve made the round window part with a head and arms on top! It looks like Woody from “Toy Story”. I think it could be Weasley’s Wizard Weezes. I like how each time one looks at the trailers or stills, you can pick out some new detail.

Posted by SRP on January 18, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Sir Pritam the Great of England

During the death scene, Harry isn’t wearing his Invisibility Cloak, he is just below the scene in the little cranny. Also, Snape’s shushing is an addition (a brilliant one too, incidentally). Snape is telling Harry to be quiet and basically that everything is going to be okay, so Harry listens to him and sort of trust him. Snape then goes back up, kills Dumbledore, and walks off with Draco. Harry, even more infuriated (with both Dumbledore’s murder AND the fact that Snape blatantly lied to him), storms after him and thus the “FIGHT BACK, YOU COWARD!” line ensues

Posted by Sir Pritam the Great of England on January 18, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

Thank you, sincerely, brian kwisconsin…..that is a fantastic trailer…..when I was on IMDb, they had a total of 4 “trailers”….two were exactly alike, one was a trailer I hadn’t seen before [and of course, the teaser we got several months ago] The trailer, on BuzzFeed, is fantastic. And it looks like it made it to YouTube, already, because the one, on BuzzFeed, has the “YouTube” on the corner….I don’t know how YouTube works, so there you are [don’t quote me on it, kids!] Again, thank you , Leaky, for keeping us “in the loop” and special thanks to brian kwisconsin, for getting the link so fast! [you’re a techno-mage, aren’t ya?] 179 days……

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 18, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Maggie

thank you so much leaky for putting these up..you’ve made my day!!

Posted by Maggie on January 18, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Leslie33

Yikes, the one of Snape is awesome. You can just feel the tension. He’s awesome in the movies. Can somebody please upload the trailer? I can speak for many people when I say we will be eternally grateful.

Posted by Leslie33 on January 18, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Jessica

Finally, a picture of Pansy

Posted by Jessica on January 18, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator

Before the dragon knew what he had done, or where he had disappeared to, he was speeding toward the ground as fast as he could go, toward the eggs now unprotected by her clawed front legs -- he had taken his hands off his Firebolt -- he had seized the gol

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014