New Half-Blood Prince Trailer Running in Japan, New Stills of Snape on the Tower, Greyback, Draco and More

HBP Film
January 18, 2009, 10:36 AM

Thanks to Pottermania for letting us know about a trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that is running in Japan, that contains many new images from the upcoming film. You can see new stills of this trailer via this link, including a remarkable look at Snape on the Astronomy tower,  wand at hand, gesturing to Harry to remain silent right before those pivotal events with Dumbledore,  as well as a dramatic photo of Greyback dragging a victim, while the Death Eaters are creating havoc in Diagon Alley. UPDATE: At the request of Pottermania, we must ask you to view all of the remaining photos including ones of Draco, Luna in the Lion hat and more via their website. Please note: These stills are heavily watermarked and in some instances are blurry. We do not know if when this trailer will be released or online and will update with more when we can. Thanks T!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Slithereena

Forget Pansy. Is that huuugely tall Slytherin next to Draco maybe Blaise???

OOh and the Astronomy tower scene. o.o

When are we getting to see this trailer?

Posted by Slithereena on January 18, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Chris

Neil, just remember the movie is not the book. It’s an adaptation of the book. Would watching an invisible Harry who we can’t see leaning stiff against the wall while Dumbledore dies really be that dramatic?

Posted by Chris on January 18, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
SRP

Crown Victoria: Budleigh Babberton is the town where Slughorn was living, in a Muggle house while its owners were on holiday in the Canary Islands. It’s where Harry and Dumbledore visited him to talk him into returning to Hogwarts.
Can’t wait to see this new trailer!!!!

Posted by SRP on January 18, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Will

Chris, I agree with your comment. I always thought that would have to be changed a bit to work for a film.
I’ve been trying to stay away from the trailers, I had to look at the pic with Grayback and a victim. Though I’m still worried about them watering down the film since the PG rating, this pic helps. Still, though, did anyone notice that the pic of a bloody Harry on a magazine cover? Yes. Well, I guess it’s not in the film. Harry doesn’t appear to even have a scratch on him from the ending of the theatrical trailer.

Posted by Will on January 18, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Lily Potter :)

This is INCREDIBLE !!! Thank U Japan !!! I can’t wait for the trailer to come out !! i’m gonna go crazy !!!

Posted by Lily Potter :) on January 18, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
decarus

These pictures are great. Is there a way for us to be able to look at the trailer? I wouldn’t mind listening to it in Japanese. I just want to see it flowing. Regardless, great pictures.

Posted by decarus on January 18, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
decarus

Ah, there is a picture of young voldemort wearing his father’s ring, playing with it on his hand. That is awesome. The picture like four from that one where there is fog and something in the distance, what is going on there?

I still haven’t looked at them all but they have looked great so far.

Posted by decarus on January 18, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

<Why is Snape telling Harry to be quiet on the astronomy tower? Doesn’t that defeat the whole is snape evil or not thing?>
<but then he goes up there and kills Dumbledore. So people are still going to be like “Is he evil or not?”>
EXACTLY! Dumbledore has been telling Harry that he trusts Snape completely! So here comes Snape telling Harry to be quiet as if he is going to help Dumbledore… and then he goes up and kills him!! I am really looking forward to seeing how this scene plays out, and I think it will be done effectively to keep us wondering who’s side he is really on. This should also intensify Harry’s anger towards Snape that he let him go up there (and also the fact that Harry thought he had figured out Snape long ago and was trying to tell Dumbledore about him from the start.)
I’ve got a question though… Are most of these screenshots supposed to have that blue lighting?

Posted by T-Vey on January 18, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator
hericus

Im kinda confused about snape telling harry to be quiet, is he under his invisibility cloak there? if so how can he see him. But in the other trailers you hear harry shout fight back you coward, and now im really confused.
I hope the trailer will come out sometime very soon.

Posted by hericus on January 18, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
decarus

There is a picture near the end with bellatrix with her arms in the air. It looks like there is a rock structure in the background that is on fire. Is that the burrow? I sort of think it is. It isn’t hagrid’s hut though there is a picture with snape in the foreground and hargid’s hut on fire in the background but in this second picture it does not look like hagrid’s hut. I don’t think it looks like hogwarts so i think it might be the burrow.

I’ve got to agree with everyone that the picture of greyback pulling the guy with the death eater walking in front of him looks awesome. It is strange that they wouldn’t just ask the guy who played the wandmaker, whose name is escaping me at the moment, to just do that one scene. I know it probably isn’t that simple. It still looks great.

Posted by decarus on January 18, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Yataspirit08

Romer has it that we might see something in front of Inkhart
coming out next Friday.

Posted by Yataspirit08 on January 18, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Peverell62442

Have you seen the third to last one on the website? We get a glimpse of the Inferi! Only silhouettes of them against the fire but still, I’ve never seen them before!

Posted by Peverell62442 on January 18, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
decarus

I looked more closely at the picture with bellatrix and have decided it is hagrid’s hut. The roof sort of decided me. I was just wanting it to be the burrow. Wishful thinking.

Posted by decarus on January 18, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Natalie

OMG!! We need the trailerrrrr – and in HQ

Posted by Natalie on January 18, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator
ele0206

Why, why, why i can’t see them? I don’t know why, but my pc just doesn’t let me see them. I really hope that someone posts the trailer on youtube soon!
Sorry for any grammar mistake, I’m italian.

Posted by ele0206 on January 18, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You ever thought of a career as an Auror, Potter?"[br]"No," said Harry, taken aback.[br]"You want to consider it," said Moody, nodding and looking at Harry thoughtfully.