The Breaking Dawn LeakyMug Live at Azkatraz 2009

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
January 15, 2009, 03:57 PM

This July 17, MuggleCast and PotterCast will be joining forces once more for, seriously, the nuttiest thing we've ever done: A live LeakyMug at 3 a.m.

Why would we do this? Because we'll all be just returning from a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and what better time to talk about it than when we're delirious (for better or worse) about it? So, put this on your calendar:

July 17, 2009
Where: Azkatraz 2009, San Francisco, CA
Parc 55 Hotel, 55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Only registered guests of the conference can get into this show; you can register here!
When: Right after a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Why (as in WHY would you EVER podcast before dawn?): Because we're Harry Potter fans, guys, duh!

See you there!

(No, this has nothing to do with Twilight. Stop that.)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Swarlehhy

I’M NOT GOING TO THIS PURELY BECAUSE IT’S CALLEDTHE BREAKING DAWNPODCAST IF I WANTED TO VOMIT ALL OVER THE PLACE I WOULD BE AT TWICON NOT AZKATRAZ. I know it’s not about twilight, but just the name makes me shudder. It’s the worst book i’ve ever read. At least you say (No, this has nothing to do with Twilight. Stop that.) Mugglenet said (Note: headline has nothing to do with the successful series by Stephenie Meyer) ugh.

Posted by Swarlehhy on January 15, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
maggie

Well, there is absolutely no way I will be able to come. When are you guys going to put up the podcast?? Hopefully immediately after!

Posted by maggie on January 15, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator
asdfghjkl;

I hope more people leave for MC so I can chat. >.>

Posted by asdfghjkl; on January 15, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Agustin

Yeah! I love LeakyMug. It’s funny and there is nothing better than the two best teams of HP Podcasters on the web talking about the biggest event in 2009. Half Blood Prince.
And right after the midnight release of the film: That’s what I call a Midnight Sun :-)
(I can’t wait to listen all the references and jokes about Twilight. With Andrew and all the team of Mugglecast there will be them for sure)
See you people (or hear you people) on July.

Posted by Agustin on January 15, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator
eiVega

My mind definitely also went to Twilight the moment I saw the words ‘Breaking Dawn’ and it confused me until I read the whole post. I’m very glad Pottercast is coming too! For awhile, I was afraid it was only going to be Mugglecast. I really want to share this moment with everyone. I’m so excited! :)

Posted by eiVega on January 16, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Marauder

Come on guys, do we Potter fans really need to name something HP related after Twilight?! This is ridiculous. You know we’re better than that.

Posted by Marauder on January 16, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Picazo

I am In NY i wish i could go….

Posted by Picazo on January 16, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
AJ

Hold on…what happened to boycotting the premiere weekend of the HBP to make some statement to Warner Brothers that we haven’t forgotten the shoddy way they treated Potter fans? Perhaps Muggle and Leaky never entertained the idea of doing this, but if either organization thinks it’s a worthy idea, they should support it and lead the way. We’re doing exactly what WB was counting on us to do, forget about what they’ve done and fall all over ourselves to get them their money as fast as possible. If collectively we don’t show any restraint, they’ll never take anything we say seriously.
They moved HBP simply to make more $$, even though the movie is completely ready and sitting in some vault. I think we can make their justification of an 8 month delay fall flat by taking a big chunk out of their business opening weekend, which is the main focus. Yes, I know they’ll get the $$ eventually, but if we don’t do something, we’ve just rolled over.
And, I’m not saying you’re a terrible person if you do go see the movie straightaway, I just urge everyone to stop and think of this as the excitement builds over the next several months.

Posted by AJ on January 16, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Martha

Yeah, you guys need to start having more posts about Azkatraz (the first HP convention I can actually go to because I live right near San Francisco, yay!). Registration is now open and the earlier you register, the cheaper the prices are. It sounds so awesome, with lots of really cool events (especially the Wrock around the Rock (aka Alcatraz) Cruise featuring Ministry of Magic, The Remus Lupins, The Whomping Willows, The House of Black, etc.) , so go register now! I’m imperiusing you all to come to San Francisco (evil laugh).

Posted by Martha on January 16, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Martha

And get over the “Breaking Dawn” reference. It’s just a joke. Don’t you people have any sense of humor? I think it’s funny, although perhaps a tiny bit confusing at first, but only until you read the actual post. You can hate the Twilight series all you want; that’s your right, but don’t get angry at Pottercast. They’re allowed to call it whatever they want and I know there are some Twilight fans working for The Leaky Cauldron/Pottercast, so it’s perfectly understandable. Some people like both series. Get over it, people. It’s not like they said the Twilight series was better than HP or anything, so chill out people. The Twilight series is not the best literature ever written, but it certainly isn’t the all time worst either, trust me, I’ve read worse.

Posted by Martha on January 16, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Jen-en-en-aaa!!!

Heck yes. Have fun!

Posted by Jen-en-en-aaa!!! on January 16, 2009, 05:29 PM report to moderator
RenesmeeWeasley

Uhhh! Would you please stop putting Twilight down? You can be a fan of both, cause me and my sister, and ALL our friends are. Oh, guess who is the leading man in the Twilight movies, Robert Pattinson, aka Cedric.Yeah, you know you can’t down him, I don’t have to tell people on the Twilight sites to not down HP, ‘cause they don’t. They are actually saying that it would be cool to have some of the HP actors on there too. Its just getting really old and annoying. So stop being rude!

Posted by RenesmeeWeasley on January 16, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
RenesmeeWeasley

This is the last time I’ll visit this site!

Posted by RenesmeeWeasley on January 16, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
alyssa

“(No, this has nothing to do with Twilight. Stop that.)”
hahaha lol i got kinda confused when i read the headline…..
XD

Posted by alyssa on January 16, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Me

I envy you Australians.

Posted by Me on January 16, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Good day," said Professor Trelawney in her usual misty, dreamy voice... "And welcome back to Divination. I have, of course, been following your fortunes most carefully over the holidays, and am delighted to see that you have all returned to Hogwarts safe