The Breaking Dawn LeakyMug Live at Azkatraz 2009

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
January 15, 2009, 03:57 PM

This July 17, MuggleCast and PotterCast will be joining forces once more for, seriously, the nuttiest thing we've ever done: A live LeakyMug at 3 a.m.

Why would we do this? Because we'll all be just returning from a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and what better time to talk about it than when we're delirious (for better or worse) about it? So, put this on your calendar:

July 17, 2009
Where: Azkatraz 2009, San Francisco, CA
Parc 55 Hotel, 55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Only registered guests of the conference can get into this show; you can register here!
When: Right after a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Why (as in WHY would you EVER podcast before dawn?): Because we're Harry Potter fans, guys, duh!

See you there!

(No, this has nothing to do with Twilight. Stop that.)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Will

Melissa turn on your tv to the news! It’s not potter related but kinds interesting can’t wait to see you guy live.

Posted by Will on January 15, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
??????

…?

?
So… um… You guys at Leaky have already seen HPB?

Posted by ?????? on January 15, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Blackat

le’sigh.

No guys. They are saying that this is going to be after the midnight showing when it comes out in July. Read the whole post, please.

And, coming from a huge Twilight/Harry Potter fan, there is no need to freak out because they named an event after one of the Twibooks. Take long deep breaths, people. It will be okay. Go find something that makes you happy so that you are not taking your silly frustrations out on people via the internet.

Posted by Blackat on January 15, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
hehe

haha. I would have already seen the movie by then, it comes out on July 16th in Australia, plus the time difference as well. :D

Posted by hehe on January 15, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Anna

Yay! I’ve been longing for a LeakyMug! PotterCast and MuggleCast has been developing into two kinds of post-DH podcasts and I really think you could use having a joint show again.

Not that I view you as the same show, it’s rather like you’re good at different things. I think a joint show might help you pick up on some stuff that you should both be up to right now. MuggleCast could use some more enthusiasm and PotterCast might benefit from a pinch of extra salt. (I just can’t put it any other way…)

I’m not saying that I want you to do literally the same show or anything like that (no way!), you both do your own thing and of course you still should. However, I think a LeakyMug is due right around now. Can’t wait!

Posted by Anna on January 15, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
lovegoodislove

??-….no….they said JULY 17th.

axl.girl.- I’m pretty positive it is not a twilight joke…they’re doing a podcast a Dawn. not everything related to eclipses or sunrise times is associated with twilight. people who think like that…now, they are truly annoying.

Posted by lovegoodislove on January 15, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
The Old Linkin Park

LeakyMugs rock! It reminds me of the good ole days (circa GOF premiere).

Posted by The Old Linkin Park on January 15, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
PixieKeeper

Ooh, I hope you’re planning on seeing HBP in IMAX at the Sony Metreon theaters in SF…great big theater! I may have to join you!

Posted by PixieKeeper on January 15, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Miniature hippogriff

But I won’t be there. Why can’t you come to my house here in Sweden after seeing HBP? I’d give you cookies.

Posted by Miniature hippogriff on January 15, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Ermynee

I have to admit I got a little scared when I read the words Breaking Dawn…

Posted by Ermynee on January 15, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
H

Breaking Dawn has an implied Twilight reference now, whether we like it or not.

Posted by H on January 15, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Meggo

I’ll be there! I live just around the corner so at least I can crash afterward. I’ll only come though if you talk about Bella and Edward, too. Just Kidding.

Posted by Meggo on January 15, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Hermionewannabe

heck yeah that’s what potter fans do! <3 you guys

Posted by Hermionewannabe on January 15, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
allie

dude i hat e all og the twilight refrences, if you want to talk about twilight go to another website. Ok so will you guys post this afteward because i cant go to san fransico. i live in denver. i would go but yea. i cant wait to see this movie, mostley ron and hermione. go ron

Posted by allie on January 15, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
TJ

Woo-hoo! My first live LeakyMug. I’m excited! See you guys there. :)

Posted by TJ on January 15, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator

He looked down at the back of his thestral's glossy black head and swallowed. "Ministry of Magic, visitors' entrance, London, then," he said uncertainly. "Er... if you know... where to go..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014