Live PotterCast Recording - Movie and Snape and CCs, Oh My

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
January 15, 2009, 07:07 PM

Hey gang: Tonight we invite you to special live PotterCast 181 recording (which will not have Nargles this time, we hope). We have a lot of news to discuss, and then you'll be present for the recording of three canon conundrums about Severus Snape. It starts at 7 p.m. EST. You can listen in or call in to interact live, so here's the info: We will be using TalkShoe so that you can listen in and take part in the episode. We will be soliciting your Snape input, and frankly, we're worried that you all are kinda opinionless on him, so read up and try to figure out what you think about it, OK? ;) Here's what you have to do:

If you would like to listen via the Internet, click here. You will be directed to a chat, but do not have to be a member to be part of it nor do you have to actually chat. Audio of the recording should start playing on your computer.

If you would like to listen via phone, you can call 1.724.444.7444 and enter the call ID 28012#. You will then be prompted to enter a pin number:

-If you are a member of TalkShoe (you don't have to be) you can enter your TalkShoe pin ID to be recognized by your name on the call.
-If you are not a member of TalkShoe, you simply follow the instructions (most likely pressing "1" and then "#") to listen in on the call.

We will routinely be taking questions from the chat and from callers (and more frequently from those who are members of TalkShoe, as we can determine order of call for members), so please join us! See you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Mills

I sorry i was kinda whiney, but i did wanna listen to both. and it is funny about John and Andrew! it’s close in time ya might as well make it a leaky mug at this point! (please don’t take me sirusly and give me a leachtre on how it’d never work)
Btw i love your book Melissa!

Posted by Mills on January 15, 2009, 04:37 PM report to moderator
kay

ohhhh this will be cool… i’ve never done this before… i’ll just study 4 my stems test later in the evening…tee-hee. you can start listening or leave at any time right? sorry to sound so stupid, but as i said, i’ve never done this before.

Posted by kay on January 15, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
KC

I’m torn! Mugglecast or Pottercast? I guess i’ll listen to Pottercast then at eight i’ll switch…too much of a good thing

Posted by KC on January 15, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Mills

Guess what? some pepole (like me) complained about the Mugglecast Pottercat on the same night thing, but i just looked at the Mugglecast post and no one cares! weird…

Posted by Mills on January 15, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
KC

Either way it will be a very happy Harry Potter night…oh and btw I loved Harry, a History too! :)

Posted by KC on January 15, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Scooter

Why does it say that nothing is scheduled on the TalkShoe page?

Posted by Scooter on January 15, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Arka

I am amused that there will be two Harry Potter podcasts recording from the same house tonight. Maybe this time I’ll call in though.

What ever happened to Leaky Mugs? Any chance of one before Azkatraz?

Posted by Arka on January 15, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Natalie

I wanna ring, but i’m in the UK :(

Posted by Natalie on January 15, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Katie

HAHAH wow. that’s really funny that both are recording at the same time and place! :D I’l love to be part of the movie discussion, so I’ll be listening in!

Posted by Katie on January 15, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Miniature hippogriff

I think I’ve figured out the time correctly. So … shouldn’t it be on now? Why doesn’t it work? :(

Posted by Miniature hippogriff on January 15, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Luisa

Oh no, both podcasts live on the same night only one hour apart? I guess I can somehow listen to an hour of Pottercast then somehow switch to mugglecast at 8pm…and then listen to both fully when they come out on iTunes.

Why I’m surprised that this happened is because Andrew, Matt and John live together; wouldn’t they realise that they all have a live show on the same night? lol but I can make do. One hour left for the show to start! I have a question; is TalkShoe just for american listeners? I’m Canadian :P

Posted by Luisa on January 15, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Nick.K

Im always shocked to know that people listen to one show and not the other. I thought everyone listened to both like me. I will listen tonight then switch over to mugglecast when you guys finish at pottercast.

Posted by Nick.K on January 15, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Miniature hippogriff

Oh… So it’ll start in an hour. :D

Oh… That’ll be 01:00 am for me. Gosh, i’m so tired

Posted by Miniature hippogriff on January 15, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Luisa

Actually, if you go to the link, they’re on right now! But I don’t think the show has officially begun and this is pre-show talk (making sure everything is working etc.) But I may be wrong…:P

Posted by Luisa on January 15, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Shivani

I’m on the link, signed up on TalkShow, but I do’nt hear anything..?
And it still says that nothing is scheduled.
Do I have to do something to hear them?

Posted by Shivani on January 15, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator

"YOU'RE PATHETIC!" Harry yelled. "JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE A FOOL OF YOU AT SCHOOL YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN --"[br]"SILENCE! I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT!" Snape shrieked, looking madder than ever.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014