Finite Incantatem, Inauguration and Musical Rumors

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
January 13, 2009, 12:49 PM

The Scotsman today has two items in a Harry Potter report: First, that J.K. Rowling is on expected to receive an invite to one of January 20th's Inaugural Balls in Washington, DC. This seems to have traveled from one article suggesting JKR would be on the list for future state dinners, to another speculating that she'd be at the inauguration, to another claiming she will be. As of this moment no invitation has been received. (And with seven days to go, that committee better hurry to the post office.)

The other regards the often-rumored Harry Potter musical, the premise of which you will remember (from an earlier TLC report) Dan Radcliffe soundly rejecting; JKR's agent has told the Scotsman that a musical is not in the works, "full stop."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Mills

Just to let ya’ll know it’s not true, http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/2110 i don’t know if you guys knew already.

Posted by Mills on January 15, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Holly

I really, really did not want to respond with my political views, but I cannot let some of these comments go unchecked.

Layton: Actually it is Democrats and liberals who wish to stop free speech with a reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine (which is actually more of the Censorship Doctrine). Republicans Reagan and Bush 41 both vetoed the the bill when it was brought to them while they were president. While no legislation like this has recently been brought up in Congress, when asked Democrats highly support regulating what the media can say about politics (especially conservative talk radio). Liberals used to stand for free speech, but now, afraid of the power that is freedom of speech, they’re trying to regulate it. Now that we have such a Democrat majority in Congress along with a liberal president, who knows what might happen to this first amendment right we cherish so much.

Harry Potter did not stand for media bias and censorship, and we shouldn’t either!

Posted by Holly on January 15, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
ratha not

RIGHT ON HOLLY!

Posted by ratha not on January 15, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
paintball

I think it is funny that people just assumed that JKR would be invited just because Obama read the books to his daughters. I read the books and used to like them even though Deathly Hallows has caused me to be an ex Harry Potter fan. Just because I read the books doesn’t mean I’m a fan. Just because I read the books doesn’t mean I admire JKR. Just because Obama read the books to his daughter doesn’t mean JKR was assured an invitation.

Assumption is the the major cause of most untruths. It’s time to do like Mugglenet did and place on the title that this article is false.

Posted by paintball on January 15, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Mike

Layton:

What was that supposed to mean, “Stop drinking the Kool-Aid?” Dude, I do not mean to offend you or Obama, honestly I don’t. I respect all kinds of religion, politics, and personal choices. But, I am intitled to my own opinion just as much as the next person. Now, I really did not want to get into politics, here, but I felt that I should express myself.

And you have just exhibited an example of being uninformed correctly. It’s not the Republicans that want to get rid of that and I must say that you should do better research. I do not mean to be critcal nor do I want to degrade Democrats in any way, but I have to say that there is nothing wrong with being religious.

Look, I love Harry Potter and yet I am a Republican. Harry Potter has nothing to do with politics, and, although, I started most of the political comments let’s just call it truce between the parties, here and stop bashing people rather they’re Democrats or Republicans. To be honest, I think that Obama would make a good president if he sticks to what he says he’s going to do and thinks what’s best for the nation and not just himself (something all people have a hard time doing, sometimes.)

Sorry, if I ticked you off. Please respect my opinion as I respect yours.

Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comment before, that was not my intention.

Posted by Mike on January 15, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Maria

Holly:

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Posted by Maria on January 15, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Maria

Holly:

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Posted by Maria on January 15, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Lizzy

STOP WITH THE POLITICS!

Seriously, as stated before, that stuff is all over the place. This is for Harry Potter only and it should stay that way. So, please, if you have political issues, discuss them somewhere else.

Posted by Lizzy on January 15, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
beckylynn

PensievePlotter—Sasha and Malia ARE Harry Potter fans. I heard an interview where Michelle Obama said Barack had read HP to them…

Posted by beckylynn on January 15, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Carrie

….

Posted by Carrie on January 15, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Tim

RICK WARREN SUCKS !!!!!!!

Posted by Tim on January 17, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Tyler

When Obama makes comments like “We can not allow any idle hands,” like he said today, I start to become really afraid. I can’t believe that more people can’t see how totalitarian this guy is.

Posted by Tyler on January 19, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Ugh. I have to keep hoping for a musical (not with the current cast, BTW).

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 24, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator

"Just because it's taken [i]you[/i] three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one [i]else[/i] has spotted I'm a girl!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014