Let's Go Shopping at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
January 10, 2009, 08:22 AM

It's a new year and time for a new poll at the Universal Orlando Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park website. The new poll asks fans :" Which would be your favorite place to shop in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?"

Your choices are Honeydukes, Ollivanders, or Zonko's Joke Shop. To Vote click here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction is under construction in Orlando, Florida and will be open sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

H

Why can’t we have all three?

Posted by H on January 10, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
H

I did not imagine the Three Broomsticks to be so large.

Posted by H on January 10, 2009, 02:26 PM report to moderator
kara

i voted for ollivanders !
i just would love to get my own wand !

Posted by kara on January 10, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
al

hahahahahah i love it al!!!!!!!

Posted by al on January 10, 2009, 02:36 PM report to moderator
sarahjbirkin

hi, i just voted for honeydukes….as im a major suger freak and am dying to try out the suger quills and droo-ballz (havent got the book on- spell*)
hehe mmm lovely, i can taste them now :)

i would have voted for olivanders, but i have loads of hp wands and have my own wand already from alivans website…
sorry sorry mr olivander!>
and zonkos, as someone quite rightly put it pails in comparision to WWW soo………….. :)

i was disapointed that they didnt have WWW as an option too…….
but maybe, they know that we’d all voted for that and there making it aswell????> well, im hoping thats the reason because i’d be pritty annoyed to say the least if i went and they didnt have it, it one id want to see!!!! :)
on another note, if they do have it, please get the name right WB>
as thats the only disapointment frm the new pictures from HBP-
its weasleys wizard weezes- NOT weasley and weasly for crying out loud!!!

and, the pictures of what it might look like are amazing , so beautiful….
i might have to save the site to my faves so i can check on its progress *yep, sad i know but- sue me! ;) *

im with emmy here-
it looks like im going to have to get saving now to go some time this century *hehe :) *
- I HAVE TO, HAVE TO go now :)))

looking cool :)

Posted by sarahjbirkin on January 10, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Witchchylde

Dang, Ollivander’s is winning! I voted for Honeydukes though…

Posted by Witchchylde on January 10, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Zivlok

I like how it’s really close. Usually, especially in the broomstick one, it’s obvious which will win. But right now all options are neck-and-neck. I voted for Honeydukes, mostly because I’d love to be able to sing the wrock song while walking there.

Posted by Zivlok on January 10, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Padfoot Lover

well for me it was hard between Zonko’s and Ollivander’s but I chose Ollivander’s! i could use some more wand, plus that would be pretty cool. But any of the 3 will do!

Posted by Padfoot Lover on January 10, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Zivlok

The thing is, if they plan to have interactive wands and such, even if Ollivander’s isn’t chosen, you’ll still be able to get them somewhere. They wouldn’t change such a big thing based on a poll. And if they don’t plan to do interactive wands and such, then Ollivander’s would probably just be a place to buy Licorice Wands and such.

Plus, they could make there be a walkway from Hogwarts to Honeydukes! How insanely awesome would that be?

Posted by Zivlok on January 10, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
SproutMdme

As much as I LOVE Honeydukes, I think OLLIVANDERS would make a terrific choice, as it could be so cleverly incorporated into a real ‘experience’ in the Theme Park. They could have a man dressed in character as Mr. Ollivander there to help you pick out your wand, which would make for both a memorable experience for people of all ages, and would be a treasured souveneir and keepsake. Plus, there might be ways to use your wand throughout the park, like John Noe I believe suggested at one time. Anyway, I think Ollivanders would be a great store, but any and all of them should be at the theme park really! I want THE WHOLE THING!!!

Posted by SproutMdme on January 10, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Carebie

Oh so close, but I voted for Honeydukes, because WWW so much better than Zonkos!

Posted by Carebie on January 10, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Billy

As I love all 3, I think Honeydukes would be the most attractive and economical. Lots of people buy candy. Ollivander’s would be great but they’d only sell wands. Zonko’s- cool as well but I’d rather see WWW.

Posted by Billy on January 10, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
bre

EGADS! I CAN"T CHOOSE!

Ack—I finally picked Honeydukes over Ollivanders. Though Ollivanders would be boss, I really think that Honeydukes would have more to offer without dissapointing. At Ollivanders people would expect individual attention—and with a place that busy, they’d be let down.

But I REALLY hope they have at least the both of them.

Posted by bre on January 10, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Zivlok

Now, this might not be entirely ethical, but if you want to, you can vote for two if you wish – I’ve checked, and the site is not counting cookies, so you can twice if you wish.

Posted by Zivlok on January 10, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

WHY is there not an “All of the above” option, and a write-in for WWW? Seriously! sigh

Posted by LemonFaerie on January 10, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator

Harry had slid off his chair onto his knees and was now crouching on the singed and threadbare hearthrug, gazing into the flames.[br]"Er -- Harry?" said Ron uncertainly. "Why are you down there?"[br]"Because I've just seen Sirius's head in the fire," said