Let's Go Shopping at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
January 10, 2009, 08:22 AM

It's a new year and time for a new poll at the Universal Orlando Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park website. The new poll asks fans :" Which would be your favorite place to shop in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?"

Your choices are Honeydukes, Ollivanders, or Zonko's Joke Shop. To Vote click here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction is under construction in Orlando, Florida and will be open sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Kerri

i voted for the wand shop just because i like Diagon Alley more then Hogsmead.
if they don’t have weasley’s Wizarding wheezes I’ll be disappointed!
i was suprised at how close all 3 options are in the poll. at the moment olivander’s is #1

Posted by Kerri on January 10, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
kevin

OLIVANDERS!

Posted by kevin on January 10, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
kody  Mooney

OMG, of course Olivanders, i so want to see what they have for wands and stuff. I think it would be the most magical. Honeydukes is all cool two but we have enough candy, and zonkos would be cool too but i like Olivanders better.

Posted by kody Mooney on January 10, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

WHY cant we have all thre ?????
But anyway Im voting for Hunydukes
becayuse its most likely that they will have wands for sale anyway

Posted by Crown Victoria on January 10, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
splinched

it would be a big mistake to not include Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes i think.
honeydukes is the 2nd choice.

Posted by splinched on January 10, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
peteek

they’re probably gonna have all of them in the theme park! :S so excited

Posted by peteek on January 10, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Beth A

Honeydukes! How can you pick anything but Honeydukes!! (IMHO, of course, LOL)

In Zonko’s, its not like they can really duplicate the affects of the jokes… it will be only visual (besides, WWW would’ve been better!). Olivandars would be a one-time thing for most visitors. I mean, how many times can you go shopping for a wand? But Honeydukes… there’s so much there, you can actually taste stuff, and they can keep things changes so its always new! How fun.

The scores are still pretty close, so I would not be at all surprised if all three are incorporated. it’s very smart on the parks part, to offer the fans all these polls… it makes us fee very involved!

Posted by Beth A on January 10, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Christine

It was a tough choice, but I chose Ollivander’s. It just seems more magical. I’m pretty sure we all want to walk into Ollivander’s and buy a wand just like Harry. So — Ollivander’s ftw!! (2nd choice would be Honeydukes)

Posted by Christine on January 10, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
HudMug1712

Olivander’s!!!! i want my own wand
im fed up of using chopsticks or twigs :P

zonkos is just poor compared to W W W
and honeydukes would be good but nowhere near as good as Olivanders, i mean we could have a real old man as Olivander :)

hopefully they build all 3

Posted by HudMug1712 on January 10, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Jen

Honeydukes of course!

Posted by Jen on January 10, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

Well it really depends on the products that the shops will be producing. I think Honeydukes could possibly be the most realistic, because do you think that the Zonko products will really be anything close to the ones mentioned in the book?? And sure, I think it would be awsome to be able to buy your own wand… but, then… what would you do with it? Now I think it could be amazing if you could use your wands to interact with certain objects and other items around the park! That would be terrific! So it is difficult for me to make an educated decision on just one shop without more details… but I’m not worried… they’re all amazing!

Posted by T-Vey on January 10, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Spencer

Olivanders is in Diagon allley not Hogsmeade

Posted by Spencer on January 10, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Spencer

hopefully they build all three though

Posted by Spencer on January 10, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Calum  Wilson

I’m gonna vote Ollivanders because Honeydukes is just a sweet shop and not very intresting to me. Zonkos Joke Shop is quite apealing to me but Ollivanders win because we can obviously buy wands and I think they could do a sort of thing where the wands are electrical and can be waved and can like open doors and light up stuff. In Pottercast they talked of a game out somewhere where you go there get a wand and walk round the centre and just battle and play with stuff and all. I really hope this theme park isn’t just a few rollercoasters and a couple of shops. I hope they use their brains for this one as I’ve been to the theme parks over there and were great especially Disney Land with the castle. I hope Hogwarts will be explorable. It would be cool.

Posted by Calum Wilson on January 10, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Pookie

I love how fans have a say in all of this!!!! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Posted by Pookie on January 10, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator

"...someone might slip dragon dung in [your in-tray] again, eh, Perce?" said Fred.[br]"That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway!" said Percy, going very red in the face. "It was nothing [i]personal!"[/i][br]"It was," Fred whispered to Harry as they got