Dan Radcliffe on Dumbledore's Funeral for Half-Blood Prince, Emma Watson on Deathly Hallows Split

HBP Film
January 01, 2009, 08:44 AM

Happy 2009! To start our new year off, we have two new interviews from cast members of the Harry Potter films. First up: Entertainment Weekly is previewing the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by releasing a close up photo of an almost kiss between Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Ginny (Bonnie Wright). There is a short article as well, featuring  a new interview with Dan, where he mentions filming Dumbledore's funeral. The piece reads: "Shooting Dumbledore's funeral was another tough scene for Radcliffe, as it took on the personality of an Irish wake thanks to some not-so-mournful extras: ''Because there's a lot of people there, it's one of those things that takes on a party atmosphere.'' As fans will recall, earlier reports had stated this scene was not in the film.

Also Dan comments on the budding romance of Ginny and Harry, by saying ''Harry's got a real thing for her, and that is slightly odd, because when we met, I was 11 and she was 9, and she was only ever Ron's little sister,'' says Radcliffe, now 19. ''But that all changed, and here we are snogging.''

MTV has the second bit of news, this in the form of a new interview with Emma Watson, who comments on the split of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the two movies. Noting she still has not yet received the scripts for the film which is due to begin next month in mid-February, she says she does not know where the break will take place: “I don’t know,” she replied. “I am as intrigued as you are. I am waiting at the moment to receive the script. It’s a tough call. I’m sure it will be some cruel cliffhanger.”

On leaving the role of Hermione behind after filming completes for the Deathly Hallows films, Emma Watson reflected by noting “It’s really mixed feelings,” Watson gushed. “It will be bittersweet. It will be very scary because it’s been such a massive part of my life. It will have been nearly over a decade that I’d been playing Hermione. It’ll be tough but I’ll be ready to go I think. I’ll be ready to take on other projects. It will be exciting.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

bebe

The “Irish wake” comment refers to the way the large numbers of people were behaving on set (he made a similar comment to EW last summer – lots of extras who were treating the scene like it was a party, and he had to react emotionally to the big moment). I think EW put the words “funeral” in; I don’t see where Dan Radcliffe said that.

As for what he was saying about kissing Bonnie, he was talking about how weird it is to kiss someone he’s known since he was little. He wasn’t talking about Harry thinking it weird to kiss a girl he’s known since he was little. Harry apparently had no problem with it :).

I’ve never seen so many comments go astray from the original text…. And to the person who was talking about “reshoots”: everyone in the cast has been busy with other projects (Equus, Rupert’s movies, Emma’s fashion shows and promoting her new movie). Two of them haven’t even been in England lately. Your comment doesn’t make sense.

Posted by bebe on January 02, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ Beth, Um see… it was the latest trailer, new scenes. New stuff , I saw more of the movie. I cant say more- until this surprise thing is over , Im probably already spoiling something. Leave it to me. I swear though I didnt pay attention a whole lot to begin with because I watch the others a million times by now, but you know out of the quarter of my eye it was looking different, and turned out to be a whole new thing. My guess is this wont last long on the board if I said to much. Im in central time so where I live I only have three hours and fifteen min.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 02, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Jennifer

What surprise, BellaSnape? I haven’t heard anything about a surprise.

Posted by Jennifer on January 02, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

@BellaSnape
Are you suggesting that this “new trailer” will be released soon?!?!?!?

Posted by T-Vey on January 02, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ Jennifer, its posted on HPANA- I dont know if you use the network to get here from there or just go straight here, and @ T- Vey, I’m hoping that I will see it again somewhere. I dont when, but I wasnt seeing things, I wont reveal the new shots of the movie I saw as not to give away the excitement. Im not old enough to drink( have a year ) so I do know it wasnt a hangover with hallucinations- LOL, so if it doesnt come out soon it will eat away at me.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 02, 2009, 09:02 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

Well, that was disappointing. It wasnt the trailer. Now Im worried as to when we will see it. I would describe it but some, like to be surprised. God, why couldnt it have been on here, just why? Now I have to go looking for it.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 02, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!! I want to see that TRAILER! Leaky has connections to WB dont they?? Im not nor was I seeing things this was a brand new trailer, completely different. Im going out of my mind. Because I feel crazy. AHHHHHHHHHH! This is dark magic.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 02, 2009, 10:57 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

yeah.. I tuned and heard the announcement. But here on Leaky Cauldron I think it is safe for me to say that I think Pottercast will always be the best! But I wish the best of luck to these two new podcasts : D

Posted by T-Vey on January 02, 2009, 11:14 PM report to moderator
porpy1

Huurrraaay!! Dumbledore’s funeral is in!!!! It was reported over and over that it wasn’t! But NO!!!!! Dan and LEAKY CAULDRON have confirmed it!! Dumbledore will be given a proper burial – at last!!! Finally!!! Thank you so much Leaky Cauldron for finding this out! You are the BEST site for Harry Potter!

Posted by porpy1 on January 02, 2009, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Jennifer

BellaSnape, please tell us what you saw. It’s possible you were mistaken and only saw the older trailer.

Posted by Jennifer on January 02, 2009, 11:18 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

but actually I would rather save any new footage for later in the year!

Posted by T-Vey on January 02, 2009, 11:30 PM report to moderator
galadriel12

Okay, now you’ve gotten me completely psyched up. I have read an announcement of a suprise coming on HPANA for Jan 1st, but now it’s the 3rd and nothing happened yet, so what are you talking about. New info on HBP? New Trailer?

bebe wrote: "And to the person who was talking about “reshoots”: everyone in the cast has been busy with other projects (Equus, Rupert’s movies, Emma’s fashion shows and promoting her new movie). Two of them haven’t even been in England lately. Your comment doesn’t make sense."

I don’t know if you’re referring to me, because I did say something about reshoots in my comment. To clarify: I don’t think there have been reshoots. We would have heard about them, I doubt they would have been able to keep them secret. And as you said, all major players were busy, involved in other projects.

I just used that as an argument for why I think there will be no funeral in HBP. Although it’s true, my comments might not make sense sometimes. LOL

Posted by galadriel12 on January 03, 2009, 05:42 AM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ Jennifer, Im sorry I really am, I dont understand why its not coming up. Some want to wait to see it themselves and others may want me to say so … SPOILERS.,,,, the new trailer had a glance at Narcissa, more of young Tom Riddle, better angles at some previous scenes. SPOILERS.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 03, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Rose

… Some people cant read very well :/

Anyway, I want to see this " New " Trailer. I’ll keep a look out on Leaky and Mugglenet

Posted by Rose on January 03, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator
ibelieveinnargles

i really really hope they haven’t cut the funeral. they are seriously sick if they have done. :[

Posted by ibelieveinnargles on January 03, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator

"You think you're such a big man, Potter," said Malfoy, advancing now, Crabbe and Goyle flanking him. "You wait. I'll have you. You can't land my father in prison --"[br]"I thought I just had," said Harry.