Emma Watson to Focus on College Degree Post "Deathly Hallows"

Watson Interviews
September 22, 2008, 03:27 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to The Telegraph, where she confirms earlier reports that she will be focusing on her education once filming is complete on the films of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Emma said “I would like to go to university and complete a degree and so that will mean a break from acting. I’ve always tried to balance my education with my acting career, but I just don’t think it will be possible to juggle it with a degree course. I have a need now to study.”

The Hermione Granger actress also said again she is considering Universities here in the US, as the paper cites Emma as noting “There are excellent universities over there and I’m applying at the moment,” she said. “If I stay in this country I will read English Literature, and if I go to America I would do a Liberal Arts programme.”

... Her spokesman denied she is giving up acting for good but confirmed that “any future projects will take second place to University. Her first commitment will be to her course”.

Filming is due to begin on both films of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” in Feb. 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Cordelia
Posted by Cordelia on September 23, 2008, 05:03 PM report to moderator
budb
Posted by budb on September 23, 2008, 05:34 PM report to moderator
anon
Posted by anon on September 23, 2008, 06:19 PM report to moderator

He wore a dashing, plumed hat on his long curly hair, and a tunic with a ruff, which concealed the fact that his neck was almost completely severed. He was pale as smoke, and Harry could see right through him to the dark sky and torrential rain outside.