Emma Watson to Focus on College Degree Post "Deathly Hallows"

Watson Interviews
September 22, 2008, 03:27 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to The Telegraph, where she confirms earlier reports that she will be focusing on her education once filming is complete on the films of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Emma said “I would like to go to university and complete a degree and so that will mean a break from acting. I’ve always tried to balance my education with my acting career, but I just don’t think it will be possible to juggle it with a degree course. I have a need now to study.”

The Hermione Granger actress also said again she is considering Universities here in the US, as the paper cites Emma as noting “There are excellent universities over there and I’m applying at the moment,” she said. “If I stay in this country I will read English Literature, and if I go to America I would do a Liberal Arts programme.”

... Her spokesman denied she is giving up acting for good but confirmed that “any future projects will take second place to University. Her first commitment will be to her course”.

Filming is due to begin on both films of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” in Feb. 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Scully
Posted by Scully on September 22, 2008, 05:04 PM report to moderator
courteni
Posted by courteni on September 22, 2008, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Scully
Posted by Scully on September 22, 2008, 05:05 PM report to moderator

"...you're going to have 'trials and suffering' -- sorry about that -- but there's a thing that could be the sun... hang on... that means 'great happiness'... so you're going to suffer but be very happy...."[br]"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014