Robert Pattinson, "Twilight" Film News RoundUp

Pattinson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 08, 2008, 12:39 AM

As many readers will remember, actor Robert Pattinson, who portrayed Cedric Diggory in “Goblet of Fire,” has been cast in the role of Edward Cullen in the upcoming film version of Stephenie Meyer’s novel, “Twilight.” A number of news reports have appeared online recently featuring Mr. Pattinson along with an interview with Ms. Meyer, who talks of the comparisons made with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling. We now have a few news updates regarding all of this as follows:

First, the teaser trailer for “Twilight” was released earlier in the week, showing Robert Pattinson as Edward sweeping Bella off her feet in the sixty-second spot. You can view Robert and actress Kristen Stewart, who portrays Bella Swan in the “Twilight” film, in the trailer right here. A number of screencaps from the trailer are also available and can be found in our Image Galleries. In addition, Robert can be seen in a new official picture of the Twilight cast as well as the first official poster from the film in our galleries as well.

Next, actors Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart gave an interview with MTV during which the Harry Potter novels were briefly discussed. Once again, the comparison between the Twilight series and Harry Potter was made, to which Mr. Pattinson replied:

“[The difference is that each are] using different metaphors for things. The strange thing about this is it’s so deeply entwined with sexuality, much more so than “Harry Potter,” as virtually all vampire things are — mainly because it’s a love story. “Harry Potter” isn’t really a love story, so a lot of the metaphorical stuff [in “Twilight”] is about teen lust…”

Finally, Time Magazine has an extended profile of author Stephenie Meyer and her “Twilight” series containing some discussion and comparisons between her and J. K. Rowling. In the article, Ms. Meyer notes her feeling that ‘her success is a direct result of the way Rowling changed the book industry…’ The profile goes on to say:

’...children are now willing to read 500-page novels, and adults are now willing to read books written for children. But as artists, they couldn’t be more different. Rowling pieces her books together meticulously, detail by detail. Meyer floods the page like a severed artery. She never uses a sentence when she can use a whole paragraph. Her books are big (500-plus pages) but not dense—they have a pillowy quality distinctly reminiscent of Internet fan fiction. (Which she’ll readily grant: “I don’t think I’m a writer; I think I’m a storyteller,” Meyer says. “The words aren’t always perfect.”)’

Readers can see Robert Pattinson in this new project when “Twilight” is released in theaters December 12, 2008. The first three novels in the Twilight series are available for purchase in our own Cauldron Shop.

Thanks to those who have emailed.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson Interviews News

Cheyenne

Um, I dont know whats going on. I know that people are talking about Twilight and Harry Potter, but I dont know what topic were talking about. But I do know this, People have been aguing about how they switched the movies. Like Twilight first and then Harry, but big deal. We should just see both of the movies, so who ever keeps aguing with other fans about this, get over it.
You’ll all get a chance of seeing the movies, so whats the big deal.

Posted by Cheyenne on November 28, 2008, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Cheyenne

You’ll all get a chance of seeing the movies, so whats the big deal.

Posted by Cheyenne on November 28, 2008, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Katie

Some people like HP and some people like Twilight. I didn’t even know there was a war going on! To tell the truth, I couldn’t get into the Harry Potter books until I started reading them. Maybe I should do the same as Twilight. I am not mad at Twilight for filling in the spot. I am mad at WB for changing the date. But seriously, I was on youtube and a Twilight fan said that us HP fans were skanks and stuff! Why do people have to be so mean! Not all of us are like that! Basically, all this is just trash-talk back and forth, Cristy. One thing: IT’S JUST A BOOK OR MOVIE! :(

Posted by Katie on November 30, 2008, 12:23 AM report to moderator
hodge

have you guys seen the movie? how many times did you squirm in disgust? hahaha….

Posted by hodge on November 30, 2008, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Jasmine

Twilight series was okay but not great. I can see how the story line appeals to teens especially those still trying to find themselves but it was quite badly written and Robert Pattinson has summed it up on many occasions during interviews by labelling it voyeuristic and like memoirs or dreams that were never meant to be published. I still dont think its anything like Harry Potter (although Im so over Harry Potter too) they are not comparable and its a bit off putting labeling it “the next Harry Potter” But anyways they have become popular and make a good trashy read but at the end of the day people buying the books to read out of curiosity can make it rate highly but it doesnt mean its the best series since sliced bread. Very childishly written and the messages conveyed are almost like a wish Stephenie had herself, as Robert has so bluntly put it on so many occasions.
I am now interested to read the other book she wrote which has nothing to do with Twilight to see if she wrote for the level of audience she was targeting (I will keep my opinion of that to myself or if that is just how she writes (Id hope the first option)

Posted by Jasmine on November 30, 2008, 06:41 PM report to moderator
rachel

i love edward cullen/cedric diggory sorry!

Posted by rachel on December 07, 2008, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Morphy

Someone thinks I rock! Thank you, abbey!

Again, opinions are just opinions, they’re like elbows — everyone’s got them and you should try not to hurt people with them.

Posted by Morphy on December 09, 2008, 08:00 PM report to moderator
amy

twilight is way better than harry potterface its the best thing yet …..

Posted by amy on December 17, 2008, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Arslan Sana

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Is the best series ever! I’m still waiting for the fifth book to come out. I’ve read the twilight and HP series and I got to say Percy Jackson series is better than both of them. Twilight is # 3 in the New York Times Bestseller list, HP is # 2 , and Percy Jackson is # 1!!! The Percy Jackson series is more fast-paced than HP or Twilight and plus it has more action.
GO PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Arslan Sana on December 28, 2008, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Arslan Sana

GO PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Arslan Sana on December 28, 2008, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Ina

Hah lol. This is HILLARIOUS! YOU guys are fighting over books that can not be put on one ..ugh can’t remember the word ..scale, yes. They have nothing in commen except that they are popular.
Oh well people, I guess have nothing better to do rather than arguing over popular books.
And yes right now I don’t have anything better to do …

Peace

Posted by Ina on January 09, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Ina

Noticed a grammar mistake sorry.
Not commen but common.
Sorry again. I’m not english or amercian and I’m in hurry … in hurry to do nothing

Posted by Ina on January 09, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator

Before Voldemort could stick his snakelike face around the headstone, Harry stood up... he gripped his wand tightly in his hand, thrust it out in front of him, and threw himself around the headstone, facing Voldemort.[br]Voldemort was ready. As Harry shou