Actor Jim Broadbent Talks Role as Professor Slughorn

HBP Film
April 15, 2008, 01:37 PM

Actor Jim Broadbent has given a new interview where he briefly discusses his role as Professor Slughorn in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As seen in the Metro, Jim Broadbent says he has not read all the Harry Potter books, but has read the sixth book in the series. He noted “I’m not a massive fan, no, it’s not really part of my generation. But I had read the first one and seen the films. I caught up with the sixth one, which I’m in. But I have to admit I haven’t read them all.”

Of his role in the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film, he indicated he is enjoying taking on the role of the new Potions Master at Hogwarts as he stated: “It’s going great. I play Horace Slughorn. He’s a retired teacher brought out of retirement and drawn back into Hogwarts to tell his tale. He’s got a secret that they want to get out of him.”

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince continues production in England, and will be released in theaters November 21, 2008.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ascatal
Posted by Ascatal on April 15, 2008, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom
Posted by Leif Longbottom on April 15, 2008, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Christine
Posted by Christine on April 15, 2008, 08:26 PM report to moderator
pottershrink
Posted by pottershrink on April 16, 2008, 11:33 AM report to moderator
bobtheduck
Posted by bobtheduck on April 16, 2008, 07:03 PM report to moderator
vera
Posted by vera on April 17, 2008, 10:17 AM report to moderator

"How thick can you get?" Ron whispered ecstatically as Crabbe gleefully pointed out the cakes to Goyle and grabbed them... For a moment, both of them chewed greedily, looks of triumph on their faces. Then, without the smallest change of expression, they b