Actor Jim Broadbent Talks Role as Professor Slughorn

HBP Film
April 15, 2008, 01:37 PM

Actor Jim Broadbent has given a new interview where he briefly discusses his role as Professor Slughorn in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As seen in the Metro, Jim Broadbent says he has not read all the Harry Potter books, but has read the sixth book in the series. He noted “I’m not a massive fan, no, it’s not really part of my generation. But I had read the first one and seen the films. I caught up with the sixth one, which I’m in. But I have to admit I haven’t read them all.”

Of his role in the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film, he indicated he is enjoying taking on the role of the new Potions Master at Hogwarts as he stated: “It’s going great. I play Horace Slughorn. He’s a retired teacher brought out of retirement and drawn back into Hogwarts to tell his tale. He’s got a secret that they want to get out of him.”

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince continues production in England, and will be released in theaters November 21, 2008.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Prenz
Posted by Prenz on April 15, 2008, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Author By Night
Posted by Author By Night on April 15, 2008, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Ascatal
Posted by Ascatal on April 15, 2008, 06:07 PM report to moderator

Neville had heaved himself over the back of the next thestral and was now attempting to swing one short leg over the creature's back. Luna was already in place, sitting sidesaddle and adjusting her robes as though she did this every day.