Presenting...LeakyCon 2009!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
February 12, 2008, 03:43 AM

We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve taken on a new venture at Leaky and it’s one that will bring together fans from all over the world: the first-ever LeakyCon is coming to Boston in 2009!

This conference, a celebration of the HP series and our time as fans, will serve to aid two charities: Book Aid International, a literacy organization for whom we have raised more than $60,000 in the past few years, and the flourishing HP Alliance, a charity whose aim is to help Harry Potter fans find their voice and use the messages of the books to do good in the world.

Mark May 21 to 24, 2009 on your calendar, because those four days are going to be full of great activities, discussions, podcasts, panels, parties, and more, all celebrating the HP canon and our love of it. Plans are still in the early stages, so you can expect updates here often about how to register, how to get our cheap hotel room rate, and how to become involved.

On that topic, we’re already looking for volunteers: If you want to join the LeakyCon team and be part of a group of people who are having a blast as they plan a conference like no other, email volunteers@leakycon.com.

In the meantime, bookmark LeakyCon.com and mark your calendars!

See you there!

Posted by Arielle on February 16, 2008, 03:02 AM report to moderator
Nicole
Posted by Nicole on February 18, 2008, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Gillian
Posted by Gillian on February 20, 2008, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Shaelyn

I’ve love to go to this, but I’ve already bought my ticket for Anime Boston 2009 as have all my friends who also want to go to Leakycon, is there any way this date can be changed???

Posted by Shaelyn on November 30, 2008, 10:14 AM report to moderator

"My Great Uncle Algie kept trying to catch me off my guard and force some magic out of me -- he pushed me off the end of Blackpool pier once, I nearly drowned -- but nothing happened until I was eight."