Reminder: Extended Goblet of Fire to Air on ABC Family Tonight, Half-Blood Prince Sneaks Online

Movies
December 07, 2008, 06:26 PM

A quick reminder that ABC Family will be airing Harry Potter and the Goblet tonight at 730pm (ED), this edition to include ten extra minutes deleted from the theatrical version of the movie. As posted earlier, the USA Today said the new deleted scenes include "extended segments with Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) and his buddy Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and their respective flirtations, as well as a scene with Mad Eye Moody (Brendan Gleeson) and Barty Crouch (Sam Hazeldine) following the underwater sequence of the Tri-Wizard Tournament."

All weekend long, the cable channel has also been broadcasting short new sneak peeks at the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and we now have all of the clips available for viewing and download here in our video galleries. Recent new footage includes shots of Weasleys Wheezes, and behind the scenes glimpses of "comedy Quidditch" showing actor Rupert Grint filming some funny bits for his role as Ron Weasley as the new Gryffindor Keeper. Also new are new footage and interviews with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn), director David Yates, producer David Heyman, and Michael Gambon who is featured in a bit on the young Tom Riddle.

ABC clips are as follows:

1. Comedy
  2. The Story of Tom Riddle
  3. Love is in the air
  4. Meet Professor Slughorn
  5. The Story

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

the fish

Ok, I echo the previous comments. I saw no deleted scenes, and I saw the movie last week, so I think I’d recognize them. Nothing around the ball scene, and I know for a fact there were several deleted scenes around that. WTF? Am I just unobservant?

Posted by the fish on December 08, 2008, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Zeke

I watched it also last night, the reason I did was for the deleted scenes. What we all got were all the commercials. Oh well guess I will have to get the DVD out to see those scenes. It was 10 deg here last night so it was a good reason to stay home.

Posted by Zeke on December 08, 2008, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom

Hook line and sinker.

What a way to get us to sit through a bunch of xmas ads. The only reason I watch these movies on familychannel with commercials is because they cut in the deleted scenes. Otherwise I’d just throw in the dvd.

They also have to start showing the widescreen versions of the other movies, at least on the familyHD channel.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on December 08, 2008, 10:43 AM report to moderator
KB Prez

If you’re disappointed with ABC, you have my sympathy. GOF was my favorite HP book until I read DH. But, except for Miranda Richardson and Brendan Gleeson’s performances, I thought the film was just awful. I think Mike Newell did a terrible job with a really great story. Maybe GOF should have been split into two parts like DH. I don’t know. But, I don’t care how many times GOF is shown on TV (with or without deleted scenes), I can’t watch it.

Posted by KB Prez on December 08, 2008, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Beth A

The only thing I noticed was that the bouncing ferret scene might have been a bit longer. I didnt notice anything else different. Oh well. I’d love some day to see that scene that was filmed (post Cedric’s death) that takes place near that mystery waterfall. I was bummed that wasnt on the dvd. Oh well.

I was also disappointed in the HBP preview. IIRC, they only did 2 preview breaks, and both had been shown previously. I would like to have seen more.

Posted by Beth A on December 08, 2008, 11:21 AM report to moderator
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>.> those idiots…

Posted by BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH on December 08, 2008, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Rhiannon

I was very disappointed. There were no additional scenes at all. Hoped they would show the one with Snape and Kakaroff at the Yule Ball. Poooo!

Posted by Rhiannon on December 08, 2008, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Melissa

I’m just disapointed because most of the HBP previews we were going to get are most of the ones we have already seen. Like they put Hermione smacking Harry in the head again and I’ve seen that a MILLION times which won’t be funny anymore. I’m just soo disapointed with WB Specially because they moved the movie’s release date

Posted by Melissa on December 08, 2008, 09:06 PM report to moderator
llol

well as we all know the half blood prince is important but isnt as major as like defeating voldemort per say

Posted by llol on December 08, 2008, 09:55 PM report to moderator
rosalie

I wanted more. I liked what they showed, especially the romance and comedy Quidditch ones. But they showed too much footage we’d seen before, like Hermione smacking Harry. They showed that like a million times and I’m now sick of it.

Posted by rosalie on December 09, 2008, 04:58 AM report to moderator
remipau

I decided to stop watching the previews of HBP.
We have 3 trailers, and according to me the last one is showing too much of the movie.
We have tons of pictures from calendars and everything else.
We can basicaly put the movie together.
WB should be more careful, the won’t be any surprise in july !
All I want now is a first poster !!!

Posted by remipau on December 09, 2008, 06:11 AM report to moderator
lucy

so where are the deleted scenes then?

Posted by lucy on December 09, 2008, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Kari

I really don’t understand why they couldn’t have put the deleted scenes back into GoF. They were all there for the other ones (repeatedly). I was really looking forward to Snape on carriage-snog duty at the Yule Ball. Alas!

Posted by Kari on December 09, 2008, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Austin Cooper

i saw the deleted scenes they were great!

Posted by Austin Cooper on December 10, 2008, 04:26 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"[Lockhart] hasn't got a clue who he is, or where he is, or who we are... He's a danger to himself."[br]Lockhart peered good-naturedly up at them all.[br]"Hello," he said. "Odd sort of place, this, isn't it? Do you live here?"[br]"No," said Ron, raising h