Reminder: Extended Goblet of Fire to Air on ABC Family Tonight, Half-Blood Prince Sneaks Online

Movies
December 07, 2008, 06:26 PM

A quick reminder that ABC Family will be airing Harry Potter and the Goblet tonight at 730pm (ED), this edition to include ten extra minutes deleted from the theatrical version of the movie. As posted earlier, the USA Today said the new deleted scenes include "extended segments with Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) and his buddy Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and their respective flirtations, as well as a scene with Mad Eye Moody (Brendan Gleeson) and Barty Crouch (Sam Hazeldine) following the underwater sequence of the Tri-Wizard Tournament."

All weekend long, the cable channel has also been broadcasting short new sneak peeks at the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and we now have all of the clips available for viewing and download here in our video galleries. Recent new footage includes shots of Weasleys Wheezes, and behind the scenes glimpses of "comedy Quidditch" showing actor Rupert Grint filming some funny bits for his role as Ron Weasley as the new Gryffindor Keeper. Also new are new footage and interviews with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn), director David Yates, producer David Heyman, and Michael Gambon who is featured in a bit on the young Tom Riddle.

ABC clips are as follows:

1. Comedy
  2. The Story of Tom Riddle
  3. Love is in the air
  4. Meet Professor Slughorn
  5. The Story

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

LV

I don’t see any deleted scenes… err

Posted by LV on December 07, 2008, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Aly

Posted by Aly on December 07, 2008, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Aly

Posted by Aly on December 07, 2008, 10:38 PM report to moderator
tinagin

Yeah, there were no deleted scenes. I loved the sneak peaks though.

Posted by tinagin on December 07, 2008, 10:39 PM report to moderator
George Weasley

Deleted scenes my @$$!

Posted by George Weasley on December 07, 2008, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Albus

Haha! The ship sank and the horse drawn carriage crashed into the mountain in the end! They all died!!! That’s what they get for not showing deleted scenes like they promised!!!

Posted by Albus on December 07, 2008, 10:54 PM report to moderator
bonnie

i dont know how WB is going to keep the fans satisfied till july 17th, because at the rate they keep on releasing trailers, pictures and little bts clips i can pretty much put the whole movie together myself. unless they slow things down a bit, i really hope they just move the movie forward a bit and not keep the july release date

Posted by bonnie on December 07, 2008, 11:00 PM report to moderator
13_lucky_charms

Wow, I am mad. I can’t believe they didn’t have the deleted scenes. Way to fail USA Today. golf clap

Posted by 13_lucky_charms on December 07, 2008, 11:19 PM report to moderator
silentb

Thank goodness im not the only one who noticed. I was watching and I thought….havn’t I seen these before?

Posted by silentb on December 08, 2008, 01:35 AM report to moderator
Laurel from AtE

Yeah, epic fail for ABC Family. No deleted scenes that I noticed in GoF — not even the ones that were on the DVD. When CoS was coming out, they broadcast SS, and during the broadcast did a whole 10 minute segment on CoS, complete with a long scene from CoS. They’ve really dropped the ball in recent years.

Posted by Laurel from AtE on December 08, 2008, 01:39 AM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

“The sneak peeks and the extra footage was dumb… nothing new to my eyes other than how good looking cormac mclaggen looked. I wish they showed more of a scene for HBP… it would seriously make my day.”
That’s what you get when that’s all you focus on. You must not have eyes. There were tons of things we haven’t seen before.

Also, people please stop using the phrase epic fail. Life is not as simple minded as that. This is no test. You are not an educator. You’re not being funny, clever or cool. This is nothing epic about a newspaper mistaking about deleted scenes not being in a movie.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on December 08, 2008, 02:56 AM report to moderator
Professor Potter

An epic fail would be more appropriate if they advertised “extended” edition and end up showing not just the normal theatrical release but a further cut one they show on airplanes, lol.

Seriously though, that is very misleading, very manipulative. It is inexcusable on ABC part for not showing an extended cut as they have advertised (they did advertise this didnt they? or was it just USA Today promoting this? If just USA Today, then strike this whole post and dont buy USA Today anymore :). But It is misleading and forces people to sit through a film they have watched several times already (and own the dvd which of course is far superior) just so they can get more hits for their advertisements. That is unfair manipulation and should be reported to watchdog (do you guys have an official board that govern network channels rule of conduct? We do, and our popular channels often get fined for stepping out of line). Over here in UK, when people send in complaints, they are dealt with if the complaints are sufficient in numbers. So effective is the complaints system here, that it has led to network operators resigning, top chat show hosts being suspended, networks being fined, programs being changed etc.

I would make complaints to the ABC and demand an explanation. The more of you that can do this, the better. Be polite but be sure to express your fustration etc, the people who read complaints are people like you and me, not robots or deatheaters so dont abuse. Networks shouldnt be allowed to mis-advertise like that. Wasting 3 hours of people’s time is very big deal.

Posted by Professor Potter on December 08, 2008, 05:58 AM report to moderator
scarlet

i was most looking forward to the snape/karkarov scene. it’s so excellent, but alas, no extended edition for us :-(

Posted by scarlet on December 08, 2008, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Bee

It seems to me that ABC didn’t get to show the deleted scenes as was talked about because of the time frame. Even though it said it was 10 minutes more of deleted scenes, there must not have been time. Of course, there was so much advertising for other shows for the 25 days of Christmas that and other commercials that maybe they couldn’t show them. All the other movies shown were about 4 hours long (inlcuding the commercials and new footage of the next movie) but this one was only 3 hours. I too was very upset and stayed awake way past my bedtime to watch it and was very disappointed not seeing the extra scenes included. Overall, I can watch these movies over and over again no matter is the extra scenes are included or not. I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan and never miss an opportunity to watch them no matter what. Maybe one day we will get to see that movie with all the deleted scenes in tact.

Posted by Bee on December 08, 2008, 09:21 AM report to moderator
ashowers36

i watched GoF last night and it didn’t have any extended scenes in it :( It was just the same as it is on the dvd.

Posted by ashowers36 on December 08, 2008, 09:28 AM report to moderator

"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"