Reminder: Extended Goblet of Fire to Air on ABC Family Tonight, Half-Blood Prince Sneaks Online

Movies
December 07, 2008, 06:26 PM

A quick reminder that ABC Family will be airing Harry Potter and the Goblet tonight at 730pm (ED), this edition to include ten extra minutes deleted from the theatrical version of the movie. As posted earlier, the USA Today said the new deleted scenes include "extended segments with Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) and his buddy Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and their respective flirtations, as well as a scene with Mad Eye Moody (Brendan Gleeson) and Barty Crouch (Sam Hazeldine) following the underwater sequence of the Tri-Wizard Tournament."

All weekend long, the cable channel has also been broadcasting short new sneak peeks at the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and we now have all of the clips available for viewing and download here in our video galleries. Recent new footage includes shots of Weasleys Wheezes, and behind the scenes glimpses of "comedy Quidditch" showing actor Rupert Grint filming some funny bits for his role as Ron Weasley as the new Gryffindor Keeper. Also new are new footage and interviews with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn), director David Yates, producer David Heyman, and Michael Gambon who is featured in a bit on the young Tom Riddle.

ABC clips are as follows:

1. Comedy
  2. The Story of Tom Riddle
  3. Love is in the air
  4. Meet Professor Slughorn
  5. The Story

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

KatetheKeeper

I can’t wait to watch it!

Posted by KatetheKeeper on December 07, 2008, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Rae

is it just me, or is there basically NO Half-Blood Prince storyline in the movie?

Posted by Rae on December 07, 2008, 06:52 PM report to moderator
emily

so is that all the Half blood prince previews we are going to get?

Posted by emily on December 07, 2008, 07:10 PM report to moderator
H

It’s not just you, Rae, and I hope, JKR having said that this film was great, that it will carry the feel of the story. Because the recent trailers have been great and I really want it to be good (true to the book good).

Posted by H on December 07, 2008, 07:39 PM report to moderator
kitkat

whatever

Posted by kitkat on December 07, 2008, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Steve K

Why don’t they just show the “extended” version in theaters? GoF is so much better with these extra scenes; not as choppy as it was.

Rae: There is the " Fight back you coward!" line.

Posted by Steve K on December 07, 2008, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Anita

I’m excited despite the first 5 comments. One would think by now we’ve have already gotten used to the movies’ differences.

Remember, don’t judge something you haven’t seen. That’s what people who ban HP do.

Posted by Anita on December 07, 2008, 08:16 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

no… im SURE we have some half-blood prince storyline, don’t worry. i mean.. it seems kind of important. it’s only the title of the book!! in “the story” sneak peek they might not have mentioned it as one of the plot lines because they didn’t want to give too much away. but it’s not like every one of us hasn’t read the book…

Posted by T-Vey on December 07, 2008, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Raymond

Isn’t USA Today just describing a few deleted scenes? I don’t think they actually know what would be shown. Again, Sam Hazeldine does not portray Barty Crouch.

Posted by Raymond on December 07, 2008, 09:31 PM report to moderator
celia

Yay!!! Everything looks amazing!!! Weasley Wizard Wheezes looks excellent!! Lavender Brown looks perfectly annoying, so does Cormac MacLaggen…he looks great!!! I can’t wait to quidditch!! Everything just looks so good!!

Posted by celia on December 07, 2008, 09:51 PM report to moderator
celia

They added all the deleted scenes back into the ABC family version. So USA today is probably talking about that and are reviewing it.

Posted by celia on December 07, 2008, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Raymond

Really Celia? You’ve seen deleted scenes? Have I missed them? Because I not seen any.

Posted by Raymond on December 07, 2008, 09:57 PM report to moderator
sportsfun

Well, where are the deleted scenes? I got upset last time when I was not told the truth about ABC Family showing deleted scenes during Goblet of Fire, and now this time it looks like USA Today let me down. I’m so sad and can’t say how disappointed I am.

Posted by sportsfun on December 07, 2008, 09:59 PM report to moderator
GG

Am I mistaken or during the making of the first movie (the Socerer’s (sp) Stone) that she was going to keep true to the books, or as close as possible? What happened? I love the movies, but I just wondered if maybe something had changed in her thinking.

Posted by GG on December 07, 2008, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Amy Darlene

I haven’t spotted the deleted scenes either :(

Posted by Amy Darlene on December 07, 2008, 10:08 PM report to moderator

They ended up having lunch with Hagrid, though they didn't eat much -- Hagrid had made what he said was a beef casserole, but after Hermione unearthed a large talon in hers, she, Harry, and Ron rather lost their appetites.