Emma Watson Featured in Sunday Times, Attends Premiere of Tale of Despereaux

Watson
December 07, 2008, 08:51 PM

As her new film is set to open this week, actress Emma Watson is making news tonight. First the Hermione Granger attended the premiere of her new film, the animated movie The Tale of Despereaux, tonight in Los Angeles, California. You can see new photos of Emma at this event here via WireImage and here via Getty.

Also, Emma has been the feature of several interview pieces of late as part of the release of Despereaux. Yesterday MTV posted a new piece online where Emma confirmed she would be attending college or university later this fall, noting again she had applied to schools both here in the States and to those in the UK. She also addressed some rumors that we've heard about possible future film roles. Emma Watson said: I'm attached to a film called "Napoleon and Betsy," which will hopefully get shot in 2010. I've got the colossal final book ["Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"] to finish off, and I'm going to university in September. I'm looking at scripts and auditioning. I'm very excited to do roles beyond "Potter." It's a very exciting time for me.

Today, the Sunday Times ran this article, where Emma speaks about fame, fortune, and what it is like for her when she meets new people and fans. “The parties are fun if you’re with friends,” she says, although meeting her public is often awkward. “I think it’s hard for people to know how to act when they meet me. Some people try incredibly hard to avoid anything to do with Harry Potter, fame or acting or whatever, and I really do appreciate it, but it can be quite awkward too. It’s hard meeting new people, for them to know quite what to do.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Miriam

StixVix, and i’m entitled to think that her performances haven’t been good. There are far better young actresses out there that have not had her opportunity.

Posted by Miriam on December 09, 2008, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 09, 2008, 05:44 PM report to moderator
tia

wow Miriam, bitter much? I think emma’s doing great and I’ll be supporting her career by taking other people and going to see this animated film …

Posted by tia on December 09, 2008, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Tia – why would I be bitter? I don’t know the girl.I just don’t happen to think of her as talented. And she hasn’t shown any positive development over the years.

Why can you not accept that not everyone automatically likes her because she is in Potter?

Just because I don’t see her “acting” as “great” doesnn’t mean I have jealous feling towards her, it just makes me realistic to her performances.

You can go and spend money ont he film, but I for doubt Emma will be making anything of worth in her career.

Posted by Miriam on December 10, 2008, 06:42 AM report to moderator
Miriam

whoops, sorry for all the typos!

Posted by Miriam on December 10, 2008, 06:46 AM report to moderator
lunalovegood

man, this is a thread about Tale of Desperaux, emma’s new project, but leave i up to Miriam to bring her depressive, emma hating self back on a emma thread and attempt to put a damper on the news. well Miriam, you lived up to your reputation as a hater!!

hahhah

Posted by lunalovegood on December 11, 2008, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Emma Watson

=o eva love usa ma to moc Emma Watson =/ ??? t__co ludek umí
Emma Watson neumí Emma Watson 1000.0000.0000.0000.0000.000 kč

Posted by Emma Watson on December 20, 2008, 05:21 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Myrtle, there aren't [i]merpeople[/i] in there, are there?"[br]"Oooh, very good," she said... "it took Diggory much longer than that! And that was with [i]her[/i] awake too" -- Myrtle jerked her head toward the mermaid with an expression of great dislike