New High Res "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" CineLive Photos

Movies
December 30, 2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks to WB for sending over these glorious high res photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as seen in CineLive magazine. Note the new photo of the Trio with Snape and McGonagall as they examine the poisoned opal necklace.  Enjoy!

Snape, McGonagall and opal necklace
Ginny Weasley
Dumbledore, Harry by the sea
Weasley is our King
Peeking Harry and Ron
Pensieve Slughorn speaking to young Tom Riddle

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

remipau

Great pics !
What about a first poster now ???

Posted by remipau on December 31, 2008, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Julie T

I, too, would like a shot at the costume department! WHY does Dumbledore always wear the same flippin’ grey robes?? He’s supposed to be a “bit of a dandy,” according to Jo. AND WHERE ARE HIS HALF-MOON SPECTACLES????? They were missing in all but one scene of “Phoenix,” too! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted by Julie T on December 31, 2008, 10:04 AM report to moderator
kami

umm…yea seen these all before…and whats the point of these stills again? LOL if they release more pics, which they probably will since we have to wait till june/july, I can make a comic book version of the movie with my own captions :)

Posted by kami on December 31, 2008, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Giverny

Severus Snape looks SO good, he is HOT!!!…lol

Posted by Giverny on December 31, 2008, 11:13 AM report to moderator
hambro

These are definately not new except their high- res and wider angle images. Anyway, I too keen on the costumes and hair styles in the film. the opal necklace looks weird and the lighting looks horrible. What are the trio wearing and ron looks kinda chubby and their all standing really awkward. Anyway, so-so.

Posted by hambro on December 31, 2008, 12:04 PM report to moderator
TarsieS

I’ve seen most of these before – but I love the high-res versions.

The kids aren’t wearing robes because it was a Hogsmeade weekend, and they rarely wear robes on the weekends – when the Quidditch matches also take place.

Snape’s hair was only ever seen as “greasy” by the students – notice when Jo wrote the Spinners End chapter and the Malfoy Manor chapter that no mention of his hair being greasy was ever made. This is one of those things that must be taken with a grain of salt because it is usually seen from Harry’s perspective.

AR has lost some weight recently, so of course he looks better! And he’s always HOT!

Posted by TarsieS on December 31, 2008, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Bandersnatch

It’s obvious that when Sue entitled this post “New High Res … Photos,” she meant that the photos are available in High Res from WB for the first time, not that we’ve never seen them before. So quit yer whinin’, people. :-)

As for the funky color of the opals — Snape has cast a spell on them, so they might be glowing for that reason as well.

Posted by Bandersnatch on December 31, 2008, 01:54 PM report to moderator
elven*princess221

Nyssa,
No, most opals aren’t dark. Most of them are much lighter than the the ones in the necklace. Opal is my birthstone so I’ve looked at a lot of opal jewelry in my life time.

I really liked these photos. I hope WB keeps them coming!

Posted by elven*princess221 on December 31, 2008, 01:57 PM report to moderator
hermygrakhs

YES! Thank you soo…. much WB! I doubt this will hold me over until the premiere, though. I’ll probably be in maximum potter insanity mode for the first half of this new year!

Posted by hermygrakhs on December 31, 2008, 03:13 PM report to moderator
z

but in most of the scenes from the movies, the kids arent wearing robes…and the teachers are mostly in suits

Posted by z on December 31, 2008, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Schmergo

Can’t help enjoying Rupert’s arm muscle

Posted by Schmergo on December 31, 2008, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Yay

Bonnie looks soooo pretty!

Posted by Yay on December 31, 2008, 11:42 PM report to moderator
k

I wish we’d get something different though. We’ve had three trailers, what about new HBP merchandise, or POSTERS or something? I need to update my OOTP posters with more.

Posted by k on January 06, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
jojo

Draco loks old! what is this necklace picture??????????/

Posted by jojo on January 09, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator

Harry pulled down every book he could find on dragons, and both of them set to work searching through the large pile.[br]"[i]'Talon-clipping by charms... treating scale-rot...'[/i] This is no good, this is for nutters like Hagrid who want to keep them hea