Wrapup Video from Today's Beedle Event

Companion Books
Posted by: Melissa
December 03, 2008, 10:39 PM

In our video galleries, and embedded below, is a short wrapup of the conference and events at today's Beedle the Bard unveiling at the New York Public Library, featuring a very invested and enthusiastic Arthur Levine (co-editor of the HP books).

That embedded video comes from our PotterCast YouTube channel, to which you should subscribe! Also make sure to check our Leaky Video Galleries daily for an amazing archive of Potter-related clips!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

Nimbus-X

Cool.

First post!

Posted by Nimbus-X on December 03, 2008, 10:53 PM report to moderator
givemesomeTLC

yea, same comment as Nimbus-X. For some reason I pictured Arthur A. Levin as a really short guy ;)

Posted by givemesomeTLC on December 03, 2008, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Amy Darlene

wow! i can’t wait to see the video tommorow… sooooo excited… I guess I know what i’m going to read during my break.

Already planning a trip to NY….. so excited!!!!

Posted by Amy Darlene on December 03, 2008, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Rachel Geizhals

I was at the event this morning at the NYPL. Levine compared Rowling’s stories in Tales of Beedle the Bard to the stories of the Brothers Grimm and other fairy tale writers. I spoke to experts about it, comparing what Levine said about the Beedle tales to what experts say about fairy tales. I wrote about it here: http://blogs.journalism.cuny.edu/interactivefundamentals/2008/12/03/modern-day-fairytales/

Posted by Rachel Geizhals on December 03, 2008, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Matthew

Wow, that is amazing. I can wait to read it!!

Posted by Matthew on December 04, 2008, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Jill aka The Nerdy Bird

I was at the event as well, in fact I was behind you in line for interviews with Arthur. :)

Here’s my article on the event:

Posted by Jill aka The Nerdy Bird on December 04, 2008, 02:44 AM report to moderator
Quibbler

I wonder what stones have been used for the original seven copies? We now know two of them, what about the other five?

Posted by Quibbler on December 04, 2008, 07:23 AM report to moderator
Natalie

Sooo cool, that book :)
So glad I got mine. I wish it looked like that, though. ahha.

Are they using that book in particular for DH?

Posted by Natalie on December 04, 2008, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Rachel Geizhals

Thanks, Matthew. Please don’t hesitate to post thoughts or opinions about my article at my blog, if you agree or disagree, etc.

Posted by Rachel Geizhals on December 04, 2008, 09:22 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Oy!" bellowed Ron, finally losing patience and sticking his head out of the window, "I am a prefect and if one more snowball hits this window -- OUCH!"[br]He withdrew his head sharply, his face covered in snow.[br]"It's Fred and George," he said bitterly