Video from NYPL Beedle Unveiling

Companion Books
Posted by: Melissa
December 03, 2008, 03:16 PM

Footage from this morning's event at the New York Public Library, unveiling Arthur Levine's copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, as well as video of the book itself, is now available in our video galleries (thanks to our speedy staff)! More will be added soon.

The book, close up.

Arthur Levine's speech

Q&A with Arthur Levine

New York Public Library President Dr. Paul LeClerc welcomes Arthur Levine.

Huge thanks to our uber-video-gurus at the Leaky Video Galleries for getting these up so fast! We have a five-minute wrapup of the event coming soon.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

Lucas Cozort

FIRST COMMENT AGAIN!!! Thanks, Melissa…

Posted by Lucas Cozort on December 03, 2008, 03:23 PM
ele0206

second comment! :)
LOVE the fountane of fair fortune picture!!!

Posted by ele0206 on December 03, 2008, 03:47 PM report to moderator
ele0206

does the standard edition have the pictures by JK Rowling?

Posted by ele0206 on December 03, 2008, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Christine

Don’t you think that Jo herself should have done the drawings for Harry Potter?! That would have been amazing. :)

Posted by Christine on December 03, 2008, 03:57 PM report to moderator
katie

You know the video of the Question and Answer sesionwith Auther Lavine in Leaky’s idea galleries from today, Is that Melissa who asked “Which of the tales are your favorite” and “Why”?

It sounded sooo much like her!

Posted by katie on December 03, 2008, 04:04 PM report to moderator
yasmine

i cant wait till tonight!!
it feels like im going to get deathly hallows again.
i can beleive its been 5 years since i first picked up harry potter
love you J.K.!!

Posted by yasmine on December 03, 2008, 04:14 PM report to moderator
melissa

Yea, that was me, Katie.

Posted by melissa on December 03, 2008, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Arithmancer

Thanks for the reportage, Leaky!

Posted by Arithmancer on December 03, 2008, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Lucas

Hey, I was the first commenter on this story earlier. Apparently it got deleted??? Anyway, can’t wait for Beedle the Bard…

Posted by Lucas on December 03, 2008, 06:53 PM report to moderator
BeT

hi!.. i wanna know if this book is going to be published in South America??.. cuz i heard they were publishing in more than 20 countries…
thanks!

Posted by BeT on December 03, 2008, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Rolf

I just want to say I can’t wait and Jo should totally have done the drawings! that would have been so cool. just can’t wait

Posted by Rolf on December 03, 2008, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Ak

I pre-ordered mine from walmart, and it was on my front porch when I got home today. It was a good surprise, usually nothing comes a day early for me. I love the drawings that she did in it.

Posted by Ak on December 03, 2008, 09:49 PM report to moderator
llol

argh!!! im not getting mine till saturday!!!

Posted by llol on December 03, 2008, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Laura

I’ve been saving for the collectors edition since I found out it was available. I was tossing my ideas around, but I just ordered it (Figures, an hour away from the release is my style lol jk) Anyway, quite a chunk of money, but I don’t think I’ll regret it at all.

Posted by Laura on December 03, 2008, 10:59 PM report to moderator
Rachel Geizhals

I was at the event this morning at the NYPL. Levine compared Rowling’s stories in Tales of Beedle the Bard to the stories of the Brothers Grimm and other fairy tale writers. I spoke to experts about it, comparing what Levine said about the Beedle tales to what experts say about fairy tales. I wrote about it here: http://blogs.journalism.cuny.edu/interactivefundamentals/2008/12/03/modern-day-fairytales/

Posted by Rachel Geizhals on December 03, 2008, 11:32 PM report to moderator

"Master has given a sock," said the elf in wonderment. "Master gave it to Dobby."[br]"What's that?" spat Mr. Malfoy. "What did you say?"[br]"Got a sock," said Dobby in disbelief. "Master threw it, and Dobby caught it, and Dobby -- Dobby is [i]free."[/i]

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014