8 Million Copies of Beedle the Bard due Worldwide, Pre-Ordered Copies Now Being Shipped.

Books
December 03, 2008, 11:14 AM

As the hours grow closer to the release of The Tales of Beedle the Bard tonight at Midnight, many fans are anxious for the new set of tales from author J.K.Rowling. Those who have pre-ordered copies of the book have received notices stating the books have indeed shipped. One paper has a photo online of a bookseller sitting next to unopened cartoons of the Beedle books, awaiting their release. The AP is also reporting today that a total of 8 million copies of The Tales of Beedle the Bard are due to be issued around the world, including the 3.5 million copies due from US publishers Scholastic. Quotage:

"We expect it will crash straight in at No. 1 in our book charts," Jon Howells, of Britain's Waterstone's book store chain, said Wednesday. "It would take a battle of magical proportions to dislodge it before Christmas."

The book's print run sounds enormous until you compare it with the Potter books. The final volume, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" sold 8 million copies in its first 24 hours and had a print run of 12 million in the U.S. alone.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Clare

Are they only going to make that many? Or is that for when it just comes out?

Posted by Clare on December 03, 2008, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Graymayne

Amazon emailed me yesterday before 6.0am reporting that my CE copy had been dispatched. It will arrive tomorrow. The excitement is intense.!!

Posted by Graymayne on December 03, 2008, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Kimmi

Im so glad I work in a bookstore, im going there early to get mine. I have seen the unopened boxes, so near and yet so far!!!

Posted by Kimmi on December 03, 2008, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Lorelai

OME! I got an e-mail saying my copy is on the way! Ekkk and I am going to the Borders party! Yes so happy! :)

Posted by Lorelai on December 03, 2008, 04:50 PM report to moderator
HRWGHP

amazon hasn’t shipped mine, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i checked it a few minutes ago and i ordered back in what may or something

Posted by HRWGHP on December 03, 2008, 07:18 PM report to moderator
HRWGHP

opps ordered in aug

Posted by HRWGHP on December 03, 2008, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Reader511

Amazon.com sent me an email to tell me I’ll have my book tomorrow on release day, and then I get the tracking notification from UPS telling me it won’t be here until Friday. I am NOT happy. If anything, Amazon is going to credit my shipping costs or I’ll contest the charge on my credit card and tie the whole thing up.

Posted by Reader511 on December 03, 2008, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Moody One

OMG listen to this! I ordered 3 different versions of Beedle, American, UK and the Collectors Ed. Guess which one is coming first. The UK edition! They still haven’t updated my order from Amazon! I’m not going to receive my UK edition until the freakin 13th!!!!

Posted by Moody One on December 03, 2008, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Mines finally being prepared for shipping!!! Yay me!

Posted by Moody One on December 04, 2008, 07:29 AM report to moderator
MuggleTonks

OMG. I didn’t know Hermione was getting translation credit! So cool.

Posted by MuggleTonks on December 04, 2008, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Andrea

GAH! Freakin UPS won’t deliver mine until tomorrow! I am soooooo PISSED! It was suppose to get here TODAY is what they told me!!

… at least I don’t have school tomorrow. I can sit by the window and wait.

Posted by Andrea on December 04, 2008, 07:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...Ron [was] goggling at the twins' new clothes.[br]"What are [i]they[/i] supposed to be?" he asked, pointing at the jackets.[br]"Finest dragon skin, little bro," said Fred, giving his zip a little tweak. "Business is booming and we thought we'd treat our