First Look: Weasley Wizard Wheezes, New Slughorn Photo in Empire Magazine

HBP Film
December 29, 2008, 08:06 PM

Earlier we told you the February edition of Empire Magazine would contain a new preview of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Tonight, the first scan from the magazine is in our galleries  and contains our first look at Fred and George (James and Oliver Phelps) in their Weasley Wizard Wheezes shop (note the words "Magical Mayhem,"  then "Disastrous" on the side of the walls). Also new is a photo of the Trio (Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson) along with Professor Slughorn (Jim Broadbent) in the Three Broomsticks pub.

Thanks to reader Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

DL_Hector

You know dcrazmo, I too have the feeling they will cut the wedding in the DH film adaptations. I don’t know why, probably because the really relevant events in it are some tidbits of Auntie Muriel’s little chat, Krum’s anger with the DH sign and Kingsley’s lynx patronus. Anyway, can’t wait…

Posted by DL_Hector on December 30, 2008, 10:41 AM report to moderator
fredgeorgefan101

the wedding is the main part in which harry, ron, hermoine escae fromt the burrow!!! u cant delete the wedding. its not fair..but honestly ,,who cares about fleur???? i mean come on now!!

Posted by fredgeorgefan101 on December 30, 2008, 11:05 AM report to moderator
sl

I like the look of the shop. I for one always did imagine it big, I don’t think that was really laid out in the book for sure. I think the movies are fine. For devoted book lovers, the movies never match up to the source. With the exception of Lord of the Rings – they are what they are. And – I just had to throw my 2 cents in along with many of the other commenters – OOTP was pretty much my favorite book too. I loved the dark, angsty, sinister feel to it. (and for the record, HBP was probably my least favorite of the bunch – but, still loved it!).

Posted by sl on December 30, 2008, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Alison aka NobleBirth Descending

The shop looks FABULOUS but I’d love to have seen the magenta robes. And really, what has happened to the Weasley red hair. Gred and Forge look pretty brunette in those brown suits and Ginny is down right mousy brown.

Posted by Alison aka NobleBirth Descending on December 30, 2008, 11:19 AM report to moderator
m.a boon

Cuaron is a stylish film maker. As a director of a Harry Potter film he sucked big time. He was far too interested in producing his own pretentious vision of HP rather than Jo’s – Shrunken Heads, bluebirds and other nonsense that JKR said no to. Yates film was stylish while maintaining it’s integrity to it’s source. The evidence so far suggests HBP will do the same and that INCLUDES the new material.

Posted by m.a boon on December 30, 2008, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Allyson

That looks awesome! I can’t wait to see it in the movie :)

Posted by Allyson on December 30, 2008, 11:37 AM report to moderator
nate

bellasnape, i agree with you, but good luck getting whiners to listen. it seems that’s all the internet message boards are good for. people venting about things that don’t even really matter.

Posted by nate on December 30, 2008, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Bergndi

omg!!! I cannot wait for the movie. I always knew harry and Ginny would end up 2gether! I read hp6 like a million times. i read all the books in 1 month! this is only my 2nd time on this website. I found out it existed when i read Harry, a History!

Posted by Bergndi on December 30, 2008, 12:08 PM report to moderator
dobbyrox

I love it! it’s so cool!

Posted by dobbyrox on December 30, 2008, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Mrs. de Mimsy-Porpington

Thank GAH the twins cut their hair. I know that makes me sound old (hey, I am… what can I say), but that stringy nonsense they had before was too much. John Lennon they ain’t.

Posted by Mrs. de Mimsy-Porpington on December 30, 2008, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Dumbledores man through and through!

MAGENTA ROBES??
This is sooooo not how I imagined it! : (

Posted by Dumbledores man through and through! on December 30, 2008, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Dumbledores man through and through!

well said Bellasnape! I agree with u!

Posted by Dumbledores man through and through! on December 30, 2008, 03:50 PM report to moderator
H

James and Oliver look so cool in their suits; I’m thinking that this movie is going to be worth the wait.

Posted by H on December 30, 2008, 04:03 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

Thank you, I’ve spoken my peace. Besides non of you should talk about HBP or DH movie until you officially see or hear whats confirmed to be in or out.

Posted by BellaSnape on December 30, 2008, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Dumbledores man through and through!

Again, well said BellaSnape!

Posted by Dumbledores man through and through! on December 30, 2008, 07:24 PM report to moderator

"Er -- why are you calling that owl Pig?" Harry asked Ron.[br]"Because he's being stupid," said Ginny. "Its proper name is Pigwidgeon."[br]"Yeah, and that's not a stupid name at all," said Ron sarcastically.