First Look: Weasley Wizard Wheezes, New Slughorn Photo in Empire Magazine

HBP Film
December 29, 2008, 08:06 PM

Earlier we told you the February edition of Empire Magazine would contain a new preview of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Tonight, the first scan from the magazine is in our galleries  and contains our first look at Fred and George (James and Oliver Phelps) in their Weasley Wizard Wheezes shop (note the words "Magical Mayhem,"  then "Disastrous" on the side of the walls). Also new is a photo of the Trio (Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson) along with Professor Slughorn (Jim Broadbent) in the Three Broomsticks pub.

Thanks to reader Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Scully

They’re spot on about Yates having made the best movie – the book was as good as the others.

Posted by Scully on December 30, 2008, 07:21 AM report to moderator
Eric L.

I too wasn’t too pleased with the ‘worst book’ comment in the article (or agreed with much of the aticle at all). None of the books imo would qualify for that tag; each is a quality work and they stand on their own individually. As far as Yates making the best Potter movie, that’s highly debatable. Cinematically the movie was fantastic but the the story lines and the last 20-30 mins. of the movie were just horrible imo. So many missed opportunities in the last qtr. of the moie that Yates missed and could’ve have capitalized on. Longest book and shortest film does not make sense. :)

Posted by Eric L. on December 30, 2008, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Eric L.

That being said, I love the Weasley twins and the Phelps do a great job in the movies with the characters.

Posted by Eric L. on December 30, 2008, 07:31 AM report to moderator
DeliaDee

Personally, OotP was my favorite book until DH came along – now it’s my second favorite. It’s just wrong to state subjective things like that as if they are empirical fact. These things are all a matter of opinion. I really don’t like it when the media tries to tell everyone what they do and don’t like. And I dislike it even more that there are a lot of people who change their “opinions” to suit those media statement because they don’t want to look uncool.

Posted by DeliaDee on December 30, 2008, 08:03 AM report to moderator
FreeElf

Oh the shop looks great and the twins’ hair is short!

You know the colors and stuff will be moving and whirring around to make it magical. I bet the colorful bags will look like puffs are trying to get out or blowing around. Can’t you just imagine what the special effects guys will do to the shop? I hope the twins show up sometime in a dragon skin coat or boots. Maybe Molly’s gift of a hat will make an appearance.

I think OotP looked/felt more like the expected blockbuster than the others. It had a definite change in style and marketing. I liked the first trailer for HBP with a young Tom Riddle. It brought mystery to the style not all wham bam action. CoS is still my favorite.

Posted by FreeElf on December 30, 2008, 08:40 AM report to moderator
fredgeorgefan101

Aaaahhhh!!!!! omg… so hot!! i luv their short hair!! (ron is hot 2)!! i cant wait…. 198 more days!!

Posted by fredgeorgefan101 on December 30, 2008, 09:01 AM report to moderator
hambro

I agree with you carol. Poa is the best looking film of the series. Cauron is a genius! Yates’s ootp was a bit bland for my liking, and that’s my opinion, because I’m a professional producer in independant films.

Posted by hambro on December 30, 2008, 09:30 AM report to moderator
hambro

“made the worst book to the best movie”wRONG. In my opnion it was the best book turned into the worst movie.

Posted by hambro on December 30, 2008, 09:33 AM report to moderator
hambro

Posted by hambro on December 30, 2008, 09:33 AM report to moderator
nate

i agree with the whole ‘worst’ book comment — i think it was the weakest of the potter books. BUT — that’s like calling one of seven star athletes the worst of the group; they’re all great, but one has to be the least great.

however, the movie was sweet… just not the best, either. i think gof takes that home. thus far…

Posted by nate on December 30, 2008, 09:38 AM report to moderator
kay

What do they mean “the worst book”? It’s dark, sad, and full of angst, but OotP is not the “worst book”. They’re all fantastic, and you can’t give one of them that title and publish it in a magazine! Good Lord! I wish Fred and George had their hair long, but they are totally amazing anyway. The shop looks awesome, but not what I expected. Thanks for the scan!

Posted by kay on December 30, 2008, 10:03 AM report to moderator
dcrazmo

Burning down the Burrow…?! This means lots of changes at the beginning of the DH movie. Since they’ve cut Scrimgeour, will it be McGonagall that gives the kids their bequests? And where, if the Burrow has been burned down and there’s no wedding (which I imagine will be cut as well)? Interesting…

And HBP is the worst book. Until the end, it’s just killing time to get to DH.

Posted by dcrazmo on December 30, 2008, 10:11 AM report to moderator
DL_Hector

Naturally I don’t agree with the article’s so obviously biased lines… But we can’t expect much from whoever wrote it; it doesn’t look much as an article in fact, it feels like a comment that should be in a website forum, not printed in a magazine that people actually pay for. It is poorly written (“stuff” happens?) and completely subjective.
Well, now that I’ve ranted enough, let’s move on to the pictures =P.
Everything seems to be bigger in the movies, don’t you think? From GoF where they built this titanic arena for the dragon, the lake feels more like the ocean and the maze is so huge it’s outstanding they actually reached the cup at all, to OotP, where the Ministry is just huge, completely gargantuan. And I love that they do that, because it’s so amazing, it gives you a sensation of power and such magnificent proportions only make justice to the size of these wonderful books (even if it’s not entirely accurate to them). Everything in the Harry Potter world is simply fantastic, wonderful and soooo huge. WWW is too damn fun, I’m so glad we’ll get to see it in the movie. I hope there’s also a shot of the empty Ollivander’s shop =D

Posted by DL_Hector on December 30, 2008, 10:30 AM report to moderator
BellaSnape

Good Lord you guys whine alot. Not to mention over analyze everything. If you read the little bit up there with the picture it mentions that the OOTP movie was his warm up. There is no need to go and complain and whine all over again. I still think and many people do, that they get better as they go. He got what was needed from a book that was filled with many diversions. And since when does the Burrow being burnt mean there is no Wedding scene? There is such thing as Magic in these books. Go back and read my previous posts it reminds you all that as hard core fans we need to realize that not all the characters, plots, settings will be in the movie and even the things that make it in might be tweaked for a certain reason., because this has become a movie franchise that appeals to everyone and not just us devotees of the HP series. So enough already.

Posted by BellaSnape on December 30, 2008, 10:33 AM report to moderator
fredgeorgefan101

yates is really cheap… >:( supposed to be biggest movie of the year(2010,2011)..but it wont be the biggest.. instead the movies-cars 2, nemo2,toystory3(im not kidding) will take over the harry phenominom..which will suck for all the biggest harry potter geeks(fans) like me mad….so if yates gets his head outa his butt, the movie would be the best movie in all of the 12 or so galaxies in the universe!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by fredgeorgefan101 on December 30, 2008, 10:36 AM report to moderator

Meanwhile it became clear just how many Skiving Snackboxes Fred and George had managed to sell before leaving Hogwarts. Umbridge only had to enter her classroom for the students assembled there to faint, vomit, develop dangerous fevers, or else spout bloo

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014