First Look: Weasley Wizard Wheezes, New Slughorn Photo in Empire Magazine

HBP Film
December 29, 2008, 08:06 PM

Earlier we told you the February edition of Empire Magazine would contain a new preview of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Tonight, the first scan from the magazine is in our galleries  and contains our first look at Fred and George (James and Oliver Phelps) in their Weasley Wizard Wheezes shop (note the words "Magical Mayhem,"  then "Disastrous" on the side of the walls). Also new is a photo of the Trio (Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson) along with Professor Slughorn (Jim Broadbent) in the Three Broomsticks pub.

Thanks to reader Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

eruditewitch

Even in a small pic, Rupes looks hot!!!

Can I drool for a second on the HOTNESS OF JAMES AND OLIVER?!?!?!?

The joke shop is making me very excited.

Posted by eruditewitch on December 29, 2008, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

I want to see pottercast have a big interview with Yates or a discussion about his previous work and why he is good as the final director.

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on December 29, 2008, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

The joke shop set looks good – it is a building space like the bookstore we saw in #3. I imagined it in my mind with more ‘stuff’ bursting off the shelves but we only saw one shot at one angle. Am REALLY looking forward to the phelp twins go for it and I loved their scenes in 5 (apart from the swamp bit was missing!!!).

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on December 29, 2008, 11:39 PM report to moderator
eruditewitch

Oooh! And look at how curly Emma’s hair is!!

Posted by eruditewitch on December 29, 2008, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Hermione Weasley

Gred and Forge rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Hermione Weasley on December 30, 2008, 12:03 AM report to moderator
taylor

squeeee!!!!!!! oh this looks brilliant!!!! gotta say, one of the best things of the potter films are the sets. magnificantly done! ooh i think they will pull off the www scenes really well. but im just as interested by the other pix of the trio. im guessing that theyre in the hogs head, partly cuz of the antlers on the wall. thats not a 3 broomsticks thing. and i like how sluggy is only talking to harry and GAH IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by taylor on December 30, 2008, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Carol

I love the multicolored banisters.

Posted by Carol on December 30, 2008, 12:21 AM report to moderator
Carol

And I think the quality of the set design significantly increased when Cuaron, not Yates, joined the production team. POA is still the best LOOKING film of the series.

Posted by Carol on December 30, 2008, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Krystle

articles just wrong.

They say best movie out of the worst book

I personally love OotP…

Posted by Krystle on December 30, 2008, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Laurel from AtE

Krystle, I thought that was odd, too. I know lots of people didn’t care for OotP, but they said it like it’s fact or something. I hardly ever hear anyone say they didn’t like OotP, and a lot of people have said it’s their favorite. I wonder who they got their information from?

Posted by Laurel from AtE on December 30, 2008, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Mr. Sprout

hmm…. I can’t say I agreed with all of the stuff they said, like David Yates making the best and most grounded movie yet, and how stuff “actually happens” in this movie.
still good picks though, and the balloons look like the wizrockapedia logo

Posted by Mr. Sprout on December 30, 2008, 01:35 AM report to moderator
L Smith

Krystle – I agree – O Of the Ph is one of my favourite books of the seven !

Posted by L Smith on December 30, 2008, 03:36 AM report to moderator
eszti

I totally agree with you guys : " He’s already made the bets of the series-from the wrost book"??huhsince when was OotP the best film and the worst book?Didn’t they mean he’s already made the shortest movie from the longest book…
btw,WWW looks fine

Posted by eszti on December 30, 2008, 04:16 AM report to moderator
hambro

Amazing! If you click the image egain you can get a closer look at the details and see the article and the details of the shop, which looks amazing and wonderful, and very colourful! I’m not sure if it was in the book, because I too, imagined it as a rather small shop and cramped and cosy, but I like Yates vision! And the Three Broomsticks look really nice too Fred and George in the suits and ties is a nice detail.

Posted by hambro on December 30, 2008, 04:51 AM report to moderator
hannah

wow!!! i’m really excited to see the whole shop! it looks really cool :D

Posted by hannah on December 30, 2008, 06:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley...[br]"Why?" said Percy curiously.[br]"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them --"[br]"-- for Humongous Bighead," said Fr