Happy Birthday Melissa!

Birthdays
Posted by: John
December 27, 2008, 12:35 PM

When you have your birthday two days after Christmas, do you simply get larger 'combined' presents? Or do you just get more of them? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me either way, but we could ask our own Melissa Anelli to be sure! That's right! Our very own 'big cheese' Melissa 'coffee cup' Anelli has a birthday today, and I twisted Sue's and Edward's arms into letting me tell the Leaky world about it! As I write this I suspect her first present of the day may be arriving... the last time I was at her apartment I trained Moochka to bring her breakfast in bed and she just about had the hang of it, so here's hoping that went well. I wish I could be in New York to celebrate with her, but the best I can do this year is raise the first glass to the girl who keeps all of us here at Leaky on our toes - one of Harry's most loyal fans, the funniest New Yorker on PotterCast we've ever had, and the only person I know who makes better guacamole then Chipotle. I'm crazy proud to say she's my 'other' favorite published author, most patient teacher of good grammar, and my best friend :)  Happy Birthday Melis!!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Birthdays News

Rosalie

Happy belated birthday, Melissa! I loved your book. :)

Posted by Rosalie on December 28, 2008, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Remus Lonno

Belated Birthday Greets! Heh, it was my 11th wedding anniversary… we took the kids to see Desperaux. :)

I finished Harry: A History on the 23rd, and handed it to my sister from Long Is., who will bring it to our eldest sister, who now works in Manhattan… the other HP maven of the family. :)

Thanks for helping to bring us together Melissa… it just wouldn’t have been the same without Leaky, eh?

Posted by Remus Lonno on December 28, 2008, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Atlanta Mike

Happy Birthday ! Hope your day was as special and wonderful and delightful as you are :-)

Posted by Atlanta Mike on December 28, 2008, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Cat

hope you had a great day! im reading your book right now and loving it! a great salute to our favorite series. thanks!

Posted by Cat on December 28, 2008, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Selena

Melissa, December 27 is my birthday too, and for my birthday (and yours), I purchased your book and spent all day today reading it. Thanks for taking me on a great trip down memory lane. Happy birthday!

Posted by Selena on December 29, 2008, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Johnny

Happy belated birthday Melissa. Here’s to hoping it was the best yet.

Posted by Johnny on December 29, 2008, 02:55 AM report to moderator
leanne

happy belated birthday melissa !

Posted by leanne on December 29, 2008, 04:07 AM report to moderator
kell

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Posted by kell on December 29, 2008, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Abby

OMG Melissa! We have the same b-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know it is 2 days too late but I was out that day celebrating. I used to get 1 present for both Christmas and my b-day from some people which was really annoying as a kid. Now, I don’t care as much!

Posted by Abby on December 29, 2008, 10:43 AM report to moderator
lunaluu

happy belated birthday Melissa! Hope you drank plenty of coffee!

Posted by lunaluu on December 29, 2008, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Makenzie

Happy late birthday Melissa!!!

Posted by Makenzie on December 29, 2008, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Jill

(Belated) Happy birthday, Melissa! Hope it was a nice one!

Posted by Jill on December 29, 2008, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Miss Tree

Happy Belated B-day Melissa.

Here’s for 29 and counting. So next year is the 1st anniversary of your 29th B-day. For what it’s worth, for me 30 wasn’t so bad. Now 31 was no longer 30…..That was harder.

Posted by Miss Tree on December 29, 2008, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Kaleigh

Happy birthday!
I got your book for Christmas and I stay up until about 2 every night because I can’t put it down XD Anyway, I hope it was good, even though I’m posting this two days later haha.

Posted by Kaleigh on December 29, 2008, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Nick Laporte

Hey Mellisa, this is kinda late, and all, but my cpu has been down. Just finished “Harry A Hisory” today, thanks 4 givin me sumthin 2 read. See ya

Posted by Nick Laporte on December 29, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"[i]Famous[/i] Harry Potter," said Malfoy. "Can't even go into a [i]bookshop[/i] without making the front page."