Happy Birthday Melissa!

Birthdays
Posted by: John
December 27, 2008, 12:35 PM

When you have your birthday two days after Christmas, do you simply get larger 'combined' presents? Or do you just get more of them? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me either way, but we could ask our own Melissa Anelli to be sure! That's right! Our very own 'big cheese' Melissa 'coffee cup' Anelli has a birthday today, and I twisted Sue's and Edward's arms into letting me tell the Leaky world about it! As I write this I suspect her first present of the day may be arriving... the last time I was at her apartment I trained Moochka to bring her breakfast in bed and she just about had the hang of it, so here's hoping that went well. I wish I could be in New York to celebrate with her, but the best I can do this year is raise the first glass to the girl who keeps all of us here at Leaky on our toes - one of Harry's most loyal fans, the funniest New Yorker on PotterCast we've ever had, and the only person I know who makes better guacamole then Chipotle. I'm crazy proud to say she's my 'other' favorite published author, most patient teacher of good grammar, and my best friend :)  Happy Birthday Melis!!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Birthdays News

RedRidingHood

Happy (belated) Birthday, Melissa!

Posted by RedRidingHood on December 28, 2008, 10:42 AM report to moderator
kaitlin

Happy Birthday Melissa!! Have a great day!

Posted by kaitlin on December 28, 2008, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Rhenn

Happy birthday Melissa!

Posted by Rhenn on December 28, 2008, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Gena

happy birthday melissa! :D

Posted by Gena on December 28, 2008, 11:46 AM report to moderator
tarsies

Have an absolutely awesome day, Melissa!!!

Posted by tarsies on December 28, 2008, 11:47 AM report to moderator
HP.PC.Wrock.Lover

To a person who is always made of Awesome: Happy belated birthday Melissa!

-Adrienne
Posted by HP.PC.Wrock.Lover on December 28, 2008, 01:12 PM report to moderator
PinkDumbledore

Happy Birthday Melissa!
I know you probably won’t read this in person, but thank you so much for everything you have done for the Leaky Cauldron. You’ve made the lives of sooooo many Harry fans easier, happier, more fun… I read your book. It was amazing. I swear half my week was spent reading, talking about it, thinking about it- you’re an amazing author. The book was so colorful and vivid. I was born just about when the Harry Potter mania began, so I never really had the chance to see it grow. You gave me that chance. I felt so Potter Obsessed! It was awesome! I think that book gave Potter Fandom a second chance.
Thank you so much for everything you have done in my life and soooo many others. Happy Birthday!!!!!

Posted by PinkDumbledore on December 28, 2008, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Georgia

Yay!! Happy Birthday, Melissa! I just finished your book (I got it for Christmas) and I cried and laughed and it brought back fond memories for me, so thank you and congratulations! I hope you have an awesome day :D.

Posted by Georgia on December 28, 2008, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Ann

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Posted by Ann on December 28, 2008, 03:10 PM report to moderator
ScottMan

Happy Birthday!!!

Posted by ScottMan on December 28, 2008, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Sharii

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA <3

Posted by Sharii on December 28, 2008, 04:25 PM report to moderator
John

I know it’s a bit late, but have a happy birthday and a wonderful new-year!

Posted by John on December 28, 2008, 04:34 PM report to moderator
John

I know it’s a bit late, but have a happy birthday and a wonderful new-year!

Posted by John on December 28, 2008, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Selina

Happy birthday Melissa! :)

Posted by Selina on December 28, 2008, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Ellanalida

bit late but Happy Birthday Melissa!
I’m currently greatly enjoying your book _

Posted by Ellanalida on December 28, 2008, 05:19 PM report to moderator

"Merry Christmas," said George. "Don't go downstairs for a bit."[br]"Why not?" said Ron.[br]"Mum's crying again," said Fred heavily. "Percy sent back his Christmas jumper."[br]"Without a note," added George.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014