Jason Isaacs Talks Malfoy, Deathly Hallows Split, and More in New Interview

Isaacs Interviews
Posted by: Edward
December 22, 2008, 11:18 AM

Actor Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) attended the Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival to screen his latest film, Good, and gave a quick interview to The Jerusalem Post where he talked about this latest project, as well as his role in the Harry Potter films.  Mr. Isaacs describes his time playing the Dark Wizard Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films as "unfettered fun," and goes on to speak further of the evil character, by saying:

"I don't want to look at the serious side of it. It was too much fun. It was an opportunity for me to play like my kids play, and to chew up the scenery with some of the greatest actors in the world... They prove that it's not true that an unhappy film set makes for a good film...
Mr. Isaacs then goes on to speak, tongue slightly in cheek, of the decision to split the final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, into two parts by saying "I think that's a mistake..." before adding that "It should be made into 10 films so I can do it for the rest of my life."

The interview also features the actor speaking of his experience working on Good, a film based on the play by C.P. Taylor, by saying that he was "steeped in this history," and felt that reading the diaries of Holocaust victims helped him in "becoming one specific individual."  The full interview with Mr. Isaacs can be read right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Isaacs Interviews News

Crown Victoria

Good to see that he’s enjoying himself with thses movies. I dont want it to end either. But it would be wicked if they did release it into ten parts and put it on tv or something. But of course that wouldnt make as much money so never mind

Posted by Crown Victoria on December 22, 2008, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Marissa

I LOVE that he loves playing Lucius. He really does make villains come to life, Lord Malfoy especially. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Posted by Marissa on December 22, 2008, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Neil

I like how he totally embraces it all. I bet the other big name actors like it aswell, but they prob don’t have the total 100% interest in it, like Jason does.

Posted by Neil on December 22, 2008, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Ali

I love him! He is sooo adorable…make it into ten films…the idea is GENIUS!

Posted by Ali on December 22, 2008, 12:20 PM report to moderator
llol

yeah i like how he has a bit of humour in it all

Posted by llol on December 22, 2008, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Miriam

I love him too. Firstly he is a great actor and secondly he seems to be the loveliest guy. Of course he also has the bonus of being supersexy. I love he shares our enthusiasm for hp and that they all have fun. I’m considering asking santa to bring me jason for christmas… That would put a smile on my face!

Posted by Miriam on December 22, 2008, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 22, 2008, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 22, 2008, 01:52 PM report to moderator
SproutMdme

Jason Isaacs really appreciates what we all appreciate about the Harry Potter series, and that is such a TURN-0N, not to mention his inescapably gorgeous appearance, terrific sense of good humor, and real down-to-earthiness. What a gem!! Many of us ‘squeee’ along with Sue!

Posted by SproutMdme on December 22, 2008, 02:04 PM report to moderator
beth

i love you so much Jason.

Posted by beth on December 22, 2008, 03:04 PM report to moderator
fenm

Yeah, frankly, a lot of the older actors seem… less than enthused about the movies sometimes (“I took the role cuz my kids insisted!” yeah, don’t so us any favors, pal), so it’s nice to see one of them really enjoying the experience.

I’m really bummed “Good” is only being released in LA and NYC.. hopefully I can catch it on DVD. I’ve seen the trailer, and it looks really interesting. Actually, it as kind of funny, I was thinking, “I wonder if he plays a bad guy?” (since he so often does), then while watching the trailer, I remembered, “Oh, yeah, he’s Jewish…” He so rarely plays specifically Jewish characters that it’s easy to forget…

Posted by fenm on December 22, 2008, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Martha

I absolutely love that he embraces his role so fully and enjoys it so much. It’s adorable. That’s what every actor should be like.

Posted by Martha on December 22, 2008, 07:14 PM report to moderator
lizetm

Oh Jason, how I love thee. :D

Posted by lizetm on December 22, 2008, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Steph

LOL, he’s so cool. I agree, Fenm, it’s nice to see actors who love the movies they do and are grateful to be part of something so huge and amazing.

10 films? Sounds good to me, as long as we can keep Yates for all of them and get a new screenwriter.

Posted by Steph on December 22, 2008, 10:03 PM report to moderator
HeDw!g

Oh~~
10 films !?! lol

Posted by HeDw!g on December 23, 2008, 03:15 AM report to moderator

"Listen, I knew Bertha Jorkins," said Sirius grimly. "She was at Hogwarts when I was, a few years above your dad and me. And she was an idiot. Very nosy, but no brains, none at all. It's not a good combination, Harry."