"We Are Wizards" Releases DVD

Movies
Posted by: Melissa
December 02, 2008, 02:43 PM

We Are Wizards, the documentary about Harry Potter creative subculture, has started accepting DVD orders - you can visit this page for more info! The film recently completed a theatrical run in New York City, has made the rounds of film festivals worldwide. Many of you asked how you could see it if it wasn't playing near you: Here's how! The DVD contains a ton of extra footage, including several audio commentaries, including one with Brad Neely (who did the "Wizard People, Dear Readers" commentary on the first HP), as well as most of the bands featured on the disc. Again you can order the DVD or any of the related We Are Wizards merch at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

yeayouareyayou@yahoo.com

FIRST AHAHAH YESSSSS

Posted by yeayouareyayou@yahoo.com on December 02, 2008, 03:37 PM report to moderator
peteek/kandy

Damn! Not first!
Anyways I can’t wait to c it never saw it coz i live in the UK

Posted by peteek/kandy on December 02, 2008, 03:48 PM report to moderator
H

For those of you who haven’t seen it its worth an order. Awesome movie, hilarious and relatable for those of us which frequent this site.

Posted by H on December 02, 2008, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Natalie

Ordered mine to be sent over here to the UK :) Yay!

Posted by Natalie on December 02, 2008, 06:09 PM report to moderator
llol

what is that movie???

Posted by llol on December 02, 2008, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Bookworm Jen

This is great! I just ordered the holiday bundle, which includes a t-shirt and poster. I saw the movie in Boston and loved it; I’m excited to see the extras. Plus, I’ll be lending out the DVD – along with Harry, A History – to my friends and family, to illustrate some of the things I love about being part of the Harry Potter fandom! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on December 02, 2008, 07:29 PM report to moderator
(The) Hufflepuff Giraffe

Cool! ’Tis on the Christmas list.

Posted by (The) Hufflepuff Giraffe on December 02, 2008, 10:08 PM report to moderator
budb

Good, was hoping they’d do this…a bit sooner than i anticipated tho (the principle of “strike while the iron is hot” applies i think?)

Jen, luckily my daughters and my 76 year old mum are all fans, so my holiday shopping gets keeps getting simpler! everyone gets “Tales of Beedle” plus “Harry a History” and now a movie to go with the microwave popcorn …. ;-)

Posted by budb on December 02, 2008, 10:43 PM report to moderator
chthonia

I’d love to see this – does anyone know whether it’s regionally encoded? I can’t see any mention of that on the website.

Posted by chthonia on December 03, 2008, 06:18 AM report to moderator
Jamieson Wolf

Wooppeeee!

I just ordered my copy of We Are Wizards. I have been wanting to see this movie since I first heard about it and now I’ll be able to. I can’t wait to see what it’s like but I know I’m going to love it.

It’s funny; I was rather ignorant of the whole Wizard Rock subgenre of music until reading Harry A History. I ordered a copy of Voldemort Can’t Stop the Rock by Harry and the Potters and I love it!

If I hadn’t read Melissa Anelli’s book, I would never have been able to find a new way to experience Harry Potter and express my love for it. I can’t wait to get my copy of We Are Wizards!

A little pre-Christmas gift from me to me (as well as a copy of Tales of the Beedle Bard…one more day to go!!!!!)

Cheers,
Jamieson

Posted by Jamieson Wolf on December 03, 2008, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Alex

It’s a shame that you can only order the DVD on PayPal, seeing as I have no access to it.

Other than that, it looks like it’s a really good film.

Posted by Alex on January 01, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator

Nevill was a round-faced and accident-prone boy with the worst memory of anyone Harry had ever met.