Leaky and PotterCast Present: "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" Fan Commentary

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 02, 2008, 03:27 PM

It's time once again to get out your DVD players and join the PotterCasters as they provide you a fan DVD commentary, this time for the third film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  Slide in your Prisoner of Azkaban DVD and enjoy as Melissa, Sue, John and Frak provide you with commentary and insights about the third film.  The commentary track is now available on our iTunes feed or as a direct download via this link.  We are also working on a PAL compatible version, which will be available soon.

You can download our other commentaries right here!

Here is a little ‘How-To’ on syncing this audio with the DVD film:

Follow these instructions to set up this podcast to play alongside your “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” DVD (which you will need to own):
1. Set up your DVD in your TV/computer/console/other player, and start to play the full-length feature film.
2. When the screen goes from BLUE to BLACK, hit PAUSE.
3. Start this audio track.
4. John will count down (“Three…two…one…click”): UNPAUSE your DVD when he says “click.”
5. Enjoy!
PAUSING:
As these are separate video/audio tracks playing simultaneously, pausing will pose a problem. If you pause the video first, and the audio second, unpause in the same order and you'll get close to the same synch.

Once again, you can download the audio track using direct download, and feel free to participate in PotterCast discussion right here on our Leaky Lounge.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Ravenclaw from Glenn

I loved this commentary . It was great to have Frak along this time. Listening all the way through the credits Melissa asked what BSC stands for, it’s British Society of Cinematographers. The US version is ASC and a person has to be invited to join – and only the best get to be members.

(Also, to answer another commentary question: I think it would be werepoop)

I love the idea of doing another set of commentaries with guest commentators. Maybe have a fan contest to be a guest along with your choices. Make it a party!

Posted by Ravenclaw from Glenn on December 03, 2008, 01:34 PM report to moderator
creaothceann

IMO it would be humanpoop (since it’s not really part of his body, right?), but disguised as dogpoop as long as he is transformed.

Posted by creaothceann on December 03, 2008, 03:04 PM report to moderator
Sam Levine

Fun commentary guys!

But Frak, one note:

Ominousing is not a word. Ominous is and Menacing are both words, but Ominousling is not.

And Act 3 doesn’t begin until Sirius is about to recieve the kiss in the tower. That is the lowest moment, and Harry and Hermione enter act 3 together, travelling through time to save Sirius and Buckbeak.

The business in the Shrieking Shack is the deep end of Act 2.

~Sam

Posted by Sam Levine on December 03, 2008, 05:44 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

LOVED the commentary guys! Listening to you is a lot of fun!

Sue, I agree with you about the scene where Harry flies Buckbeak for the first time. It is one of my favorites in all the HP films. Harry is so happy at that moment. I love watching it.

Posted by KB Prez on December 03, 2008, 06:11 PM report to moderator
meek

is there some way you could put the commentary on youtube or something other than itune?

Posted by meek on December 03, 2008, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Slither

aaargh It feels like iv been waiting for this for years.
awesome

Posted by Slither on December 03, 2008, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Jen-en-en-a!!!

Yay! I’ve been waiting for this, like, for a long time. Thank yov!!!!! I totally thovght that I’d never see one again! Thanks for the distraction as I wait for Beedle…yov gvys are always there when I need yov!

Posted by Jen-en-en-a!!! on December 03, 2008, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Karrelien

I loved the commentary! I have the film in PAL-version but it went ok.
I paused my film every now and then.. Just to synchronise a little bit.. ;)

Posted by Karrelien on December 04, 2008, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Lori

Hi I can’t figure out how to download this to my ipod. Are you going to be putting it on itunes so that we can pick it up there? I love these commentaries. thanks for taking the time to do them.

Posted by Lori on December 08, 2008, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Amanda Potter

Wow! What a nice Christmas present! =D I’ve been waiting for you guys to do this one for a long time and now you’ve done commentaries for all the movies!! ^^ Well done! And thank you thank you thank youuuuuuu!!!!

Posted by Amanda Potter on December 09, 2008, 11:55 AM report to moderator
erika

HELP!!!! it wont download!!!! i love these and it just wont download and i cant find it on i tunes please help!!!

Posted by erika on December 09, 2008, 03:16 PM report to moderator

"My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, alas... most difficult... I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass... and perhaps