David Heyman on Deathly Hallows Split: "An Emotional and Very Truthful" Break

DH Film
December 19, 2008, 08:09 AM

Harry Potter producer David Heyman has given a new video interview where he comments on the two scripts and breaking point for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Talking to Collider.com who let us know of their interview which you can see here, David Heyman noted he had just been in London discussing the scripts for DH part one and part two with director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves. When asked about the breaking or ending point of movie one, Mr. Heyman said it wont necessarily be an action- packed moment but "an emotional and very truthful" point that fans will be happy with.

The Potter producer also makes some very positive comments on the sixth film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince noting it is  finished at this point, and has a running time of about 2 and a half hours.

Thanks so much Steve!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Adam

This is how I think Deathly Hallows should be split:

Right when the trio are listening to Potterwatch in the tent, then Harry says the taboo name Voldemort, and the death eaters appear outside the tent. Then the screen goes black and we hear the chilling voice of Amycus Carrow threatening them, and then the credits come! It would be so creepy and awesome!!

Posted by Adam on December 20, 2008, 03:24 PM report to moderator
adam

the ending must be some sort of cliffhanger i think “are you reffering to the deathly hallows” then just cut to black would be PERFECT

Posted by adam on December 20, 2008, 10:23 PM report to moderator
adam

then DH 2 could go right into the tale of the three brothers (whcih could be a flashback scene with them talking in V.O. instead of them just telling the story

Posted by adam on December 20, 2008, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Sanju

For the guys in India, wanted to inform you about POTTER MANIA on Cartoon Network Channel starting 29th December every Sunday. All five of them!! This is for all Potter fans in India!!! Have fun! Merry Christmas to all of you anywhere in the world.

Posted by Sanju on December 21, 2008, 05:07 AM report to moderator
adam

thank you don’t come again this article is bout the dh split

Posted by adam on December 21, 2008, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Laurel

Gotta be either the bit where Ron leaves or the bit where he comes back and detroys the locket. I hope it’s this bit because then the trio will be back together – surely a perfect point to break?!
xx

Posted by Laurel on December 21, 2008, 06:41 AM report to moderator
Laurel

Sorry me again – (I commented above!)

A brainwave just occured to me that has made me dead set on the – “Ron destroying the locket breaking point” – because when the locking is taunting and teasing him and playing with his mind it is very powerful and emotional.

IT HAS TO BE THAT PART!

xx

Posted by Laurel on December 21, 2008, 06:46 AM report to moderator
scarletti

I’ve always thought the best part that would be the easiest/most emotional/climactic point to break the film would be when Ron leaves. I know a lot of people have agreed (and disagreed) with this point. Visually in the books it’s about half way. What that translates to in the movie though is very emotional—not necessarily happy either. But what follows for the next film is Godrics Hollow, and i think that would be a spectacular place to start with. High action in the beginning. :D

I’m glad HBP is 2.5 hours. That’ll make all the difference. :)

Posted by scarletti on December 21, 2008, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Shellie

Hmmmm…very happy about the length of time in HBP….not happy about the length of wait time for it to come out…but oh well :)…….All the ideas that I have read on here sound really good and feasible. I’m not really sure where I think it should be broken. I think it would be my fantasy ending for it to fade to black as Hermione looks up as Ron and Harry enter the tent when Ron comes back to them. Of, course then you have to do the Hr/R fight scene right in the beginning of the 2nd movie which might be ok…like I said , I don’t know. I agree with whoever posted the comment about putting the epilogue after the credits of the 2nd movie is right on. They did that with Pirates of the Carribean: At World’s End and it work, but a lot of movie goers might miss it if they don’t know there is an epilogue. Just my opinion though :)

Posted by Shellie on December 21, 2008, 02:10 PM report to moderator
adam

ron leaving=too early in the book crams 2nd film
ron returning=no suspense there at all i dunno y thats so popular

Posted by adam on December 21, 2008, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Duyen

I agree with adam- ron leaving is way too early, and it would rush everything in the second film.

All the other suggestions seem alright though, they all seem appropriate i don’t know what to pick.

Posted by Duyen on December 21, 2008, 09:29 PM report to moderator
galadriel12

Scarletti: “I’ve always thought the best part that would be the easiest/most emotional/climactic point to break the film would be when Ron leaves. I know a lot of people have agreed (and disagreed) with this point. Visually in the books it’s about half way. What that translates to in the movie though is very emotional—not necessarily happy either.”

I agree, it’s cerainly a veeeery emotional scene. But like others have said, it’s too early in the book. And.. Heyman said something about splitting at a moment of truth and there is no truth, absolutely no truth in the moment when Ron leaves. It makes it look like Ron is a coward and doesn’t care for his friends and we know both of that is a LIE. So a more truthful moment would be when Ron comes back. However, unless they change the movie’s title, I prefer to end it sometime after the audience would know what the Hallows are.

Posted by galadriel12 on December 22, 2008, 05:24 AM report to moderator
angeleyes

i think part one should end while they are in the ministry stealing slytherin’s locket.

Posted by angeleyes on December 22, 2008, 07:54 AM report to moderator
ThtGirleeHan

So Angry That We Still Have To Wait Till July To See It….!

The Part Where Dobby Dies Or Where Ron Leaves Would Be A Good Part But No-ones Metioned Godrics Hollow. They Should End Part 1 JUst After The Snake Comes Out And Hermoine Bursts Into The Room,They Should Have Her Saying A Spell Which You Can’t Hear But There Should Be A Big Blinding Light. This Is Action Packed And Would Make People Emtional Because A Lot Of People Haven’t Read The Book So They Won’t Know That There Are No Deaths Just Then…!

Can’t Wait For This Film To Come Out..! I Qued 6 And A Half Hours For The Last Book…!

Does Anyone Know If Theres Still Gunna B A Harry Potter Encyclopedia?

Posted by ThtGirleeHan on December 22, 2008, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Picazo

HPB is about two and a half hours sweet…….

Posted by Picazo on December 22, 2008, 10:30 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I was trying to find out how to curse Dudley."[br]"I'm not sayin' that's not a good idea, but yer not ter use magic in the Muggle world except in very special circumstances," said Hagrid. "An' anyway, yeh couldn' work any of them curses yet, yeh'll need