David Heyman on Deathly Hallows Split: "An Emotional and Very Truthful" Break

DH Film
December 19, 2008, 08:09 AM

Harry Potter producer David Heyman has given a new video interview where he comments on the two scripts and breaking point for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Talking to Collider.com who let us know of their interview which you can see here, David Heyman noted he had just been in London discussing the scripts for DH part one and part two with director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves. When asked about the breaking or ending point of movie one, Mr. Heyman said it wont necessarily be an action- packed moment but "an emotional and very truthful" point that fans will be happy with.

The Potter producer also makes some very positive comments on the sixth film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince noting it is  finished at this point, and has a running time of about 2 and a half hours.

Thanks so much Steve!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Liza

Hmm… Would this be when Ron leaves?

Posted by Liza on December 19, 2008, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Amy Darlene

wow… so we might get the silver doe break after all

Posted by Amy Darlene on December 19, 2008, 08:16 AM report to moderator
lily_luna

When Ron leaves is a very emotional part of the story, it would be a good place!

Squee! The sixth movie is two hours and a half!!

Posted by lily_luna on December 19, 2008, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Tristan

I wonder when the moment could be? I have two hopes for it:

1. When Lovegood says: “Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?” to the trio
2. When Ron leaves the trio

I hope they don’t cut the wedding scene at the start. Emma will look as wonderful in the purple ball gown as she did in the pink Yule Ball gown in GOF.

Rupert has a huge part to play. Some of Ron’s finest moments are in the Deathly Hallows. Such as his return.

Dan will get it right, as usual. As long as he looks engaged when other characters are talking.

As long as the director doesn’t do any weird camera shots like they did in number 5, with zooming in close ups and things. Please. Keep. True. To . The. Book. They didn’t keep very true in OOTP, which annoyed me.

That’s my two cents.

Posted by Tristan on December 19, 2008, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Leo

I officially have all of my money on Part I ending when Ron returns and destroys the locket. It’s emotional and full of truth. So it’d be perfect,

Posted by Leo on December 19, 2008, 08:31 AM report to moderator
hannah

It will be when ron leaves or when ron comes back. I hope it’s when he leaves because i guess ron is really truthful in what he says to Harry. whatever part it will be great :D

Posted by hannah on December 19, 2008, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Jessica

What about when Dobby dies – i would say that would be a great moment for a break, as its when Harry really grasps what needs to happen!!!

Posted by Jessica on December 19, 2008, 08:34 AM report to moderator
dru

i agree … when dobby dies and harry walks to the house thinking “horcrux or hallows”.

Posted by dru on December 19, 2008, 08:46 AM report to moderator
martinus

Two hours and half is great. I really hope so. Because it will beter than 2 hours. I gross my fingers. You too, won’t you?!

Posted by martinus on December 19, 2008, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw from Glenn

In my opinion, the best end to part one would be when Harry breaks the charms by saying “Voldemort” and they are grabbed by the snatchers. That would have the second movie starting basically at Malfoy Manor. By then everything has been established for the big action: Dobby, Gringotts and the Battle of Hogwarts. But since they rarely do what I think they should, I wouldn’t count on it.

Posted by Ravenclaw from Glenn on December 19, 2008, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Steven

When Dobby dies is the best!

Posted by Steven on December 19, 2008, 09:38 AM report to moderator
lizmalfooy

My money’s on when Ron comes back….well, after Hermione trys to beat the snot out of him….and I’m happy that the sixth movie is 2 1/2 hours long!!!

Still not happy about waiting ’til July….

Posted by lizmalfooy on December 19, 2008, 09:39 AM report to moderator
chocolateisnotforbreakfast

the break has GOT to be Dobby’s death, and the beginnings of the time at Shell Cottage… 1) Malfoy Manor is an amazing climax… of them getting caught, of Pettigrew dying, hermione getting tortured, Griphook and Ollivander being freed and Dobby dying… It’s a huge climax followed by an emotional upheaval of Dobby’s burial and the setup for the rest of the story. This leaves Part 2 to begin with the planning of the Gringott’s robbery.

It’s an extremely natural place for the story to be broken apart, in terms of story arc and character development.

Posted by chocolateisnotforbreakfast on December 19, 2008, 09:41 AM report to moderator
_||_

I would have liked Tristan’s idea to be used—-break it at:
“when Lovegood says: “Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?” to the trio"

That would have worked brilliantly, imo. It would not be the expected emotional/action scene for a break. It would really leave the next movie on a note of intrigue (yes, we have read the book, but still!) Unfortunately (well the break is still good), they’re going for one of the more emotional cuts.

I don’t like to brag, but I did tell you guys HBP would be 2 1/2 hrs about two months ago. Kinda sad, innit, that a lot of Voldy’s past was cut despite the lengthier running time. Well, it’s still a good movie, but I hope they release extras in the Ginormous HP Collector Blu-ray set of doom, which are all the cut memories. That would be awesome.

I have to say this once more though, mmmmmmmm, HBP cinematography, mmm

Posted by _||_ on December 19, 2008, 09:55 AM report to moderator
dove

I think it will be when Ron returns and kills the locket too. Its not action packed but has lots of truth in it. GOD I can’t wait for this movie!

Posted by dove on December 19, 2008, 09:57 AM report to moderator

"Ha ha ha, Harry, look at it --" said Ron, watching it disgorge its gaudy innards. "Harry, come and touch it, bet it's weird --"[br]"RON, NO!"[br]Harry did not know what would happen if Ron touched the tentacles of thought now flying behind the brain, but

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014