Three New Photos of Rupert Grint in "Cherrybomb"

Grint
December 18, 2008, 08:44 PM

Three more new photos of actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in his new film "Cherrybomb" are now online courtesy of Icecreamman. Update: You can now see them here!

Thanks Tao!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

EruditeWitch

Alice said: I agree 100% with this. Rupert’s critically acclaimed, he’s popular, and he’s happy… that should be enough for us. (In fact, even if he weren’t so popular it’d still be enough IMO.)

Yes, he is critically acclaimed. So we’re the ones who can bask in that and look forward to much more from Rupert! Who cares what some random little girls think about him? The people who matter love him. Here’s an excerpt from a book:

*"Actor Rupert Grint plays Weasley to perfection. By terms self-effacing, increduance brings Ron Weasley from page to film screen with astonishing fidelity. Unaffected, unabashedly normal in every way, with the right touch of regret at having been born in a poor wizarding family, Grint as Weasley is picture perfect. He is my favorite among all the child actors in the other films. In short, bloody brilliant."

Page 152 in Muggles and Magic: An Unofficial Guide to J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Phenomenon by George W. Beahm and Tim Kirk (Paperback – April 11, 2007)*

thanks to ICM for that.

Posted by EruditeWitch on December 21, 2008, 11:47 AM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

There’s something about a British guy in a cardigan that just does it for me. lol

I can’t wait until February when it plays at the Berlin festival. Jo from ICM is going to be able to go and see it! It’d be cool if she got to interview Rupert too. I think she’s interviewed him before.

Hopefully when it comes to the US, it will be released nationwide on one date, instead of nationwide on different dates like Driving Lessons did. I wasn’t able to see it on the big screen because it was two hours away and the date changed to a time when I was just too busy to go anywhere.

Oh! And I’ve just remembered that Rupert will have an Irish (Belfast specific) accent in this! I can’t wait to hear it. I won’t be able to tell how accurate it is, though. I hope it past the test for those in the UK.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 21, 2008, 11:56 AM report to moderator
AJWC1

“AJWC1: There’s a place you need to go on livejournal if you can handle it! Send me a PM on leaky and I’ll give you the information (it’s a tight lipped little bit of fun). "
~EruditeWitch

You know, I don’t have any Leaky accounts, I just comment in the news. But, I do have an ICM forum account under AJ, if you have one. But, if you go to that site, you’d know that I’m a squeemish little thing. So, IDK if I can handle it.. Hehehehe…

“I just want a trailer, but we probably won’t get one until it gets a distributor, which hopefully will happen at the Berlin festival. It will probably play the festival circuit for a bit to build up buzz.”
~Molly

Well, I suggest you go to the CB imdb comments, you’ll find some interesting info there…

“Oh! And I’ve just remembered that Rupert will have an Irish (Belfast specific) accent in this!”
~Molly

We’ll, from what I’ve heard from spoilers from an extra, a set visitor, a new crew, and a crew person. I’ve heard a range from not bad, but not great (but the same person ammended what they said to it was pretty good), to great (and even in mannerisms, IDK what that means really), to pretty good. So on average (from the folks who have heard it who are from NI and who have made comments in random areas), he’s either very good, or at least he doesn’t necessarily suck… and some of these comments weren’t solicited, so with the exception of the tv crew, it’s not like they had to say he was good. But, at least by February, we’ll find out. I’m sure someone from NI will be able to spot any errors, but I just hope I wouldn’t be able to tell if I didn’t know he was from England.

I saw DL at Tribeca when Rupert was there, it was great fun, and the one we saw wasn’t altered like the one that was released in the US later. (In fact, I’m convinced there were some slight changes even in the one that was released in the UK.)

I kinda like this time before the movie has come out, because we’ve been speculating like crazy about what’s gonna happen to who and how. It’s like playing Clue… :)

Posted by AJWC1 on December 21, 2008, 12:26 PM report to moderator
EruditeWitch

My ICM account doesn’t work anymore because I haven’t been on since before the site was hacked. But if you have a livejournal, find me on there…

Although if you’re squeamish, there’s probably a reason why you’re not part of our LJ community.

Posted by EruditeWitch on December 21, 2008, 01:34 PM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

According to Manonse (I guess they’re on imdb and were an extra or something?) I don’t know…someone posted this on the R&E forum as what they said:

“Ok folks, just a few things about Cherrybomb. Its more or less completed post production, they are just adding a few more bits of music and score to it. I spoke to the Producer last week and he is very happy with it. I did see a very skectchy cut of it a few months ago and it does look good. Goin to be a lot of fun. I think it will be shown at the Berlin film festival around Feb 2009 and hopefully general release after that. I had no idea that Rupert had such a big fan base. I knew he was well liked, but you guys are mad over him. I bet you lot would love some of the stuff he signed for me. We still keep in touch and hopefully we will be meeting after xmas for a bit of a chat and a pint.
So anyway keep your eyes peeled after xmas, there might just be a cherrybomb trailer out soon. Spread the word! "

Oh please let us get a trailer after Christmas! Please, please, please!!!

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 21, 2008, 02:24 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

That was what I was refering to Molly. He was a crew member, from what he’s said previously. And he provided pictorial proof during the summer.

Posted by AJWC1 on December 21, 2008, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Karin

I can’t believe people bother commenting if they are going to be negative! I have never ever gone to any site to give negative feedback on another actor, if you don’t like it, ignore it!

As for Cherrybomb, can’t bloody wait!!!

Sure we can’t tempt you to join the LJ AJ? :)

Posted by Karin on December 21, 2008, 07:10 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

You KNOW I can’t keep up with YOU, Karin!!!!

Posted by AJWC1 on December 21, 2008, 08:22 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

Wow, Rupert Grint has turned into quite a hansome young man

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 22, 2008, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Nina

Since I saw Driving Lesson, I`m completly crazy about this guy. So talented, so sweet, sooooo hot. I can´t wait…

Posted by Nina on December 22, 2008, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Tina

Karin:

actually there’s only 2 people. and they don’t bother to look up what others said so they can comment/ said more nagative things. they (or the same person) must be boring.

Posted by Tina on December 24, 2008, 12:15 PM report to moderator
anne

Who cares what it’s like in the States re Film versus TV/Theatre etc? These are UK actors we’re talking about! Why do you all assume Rupert (and the others) are itching to pack their bags for LA?! Many of our best actors are UK based. Rupert has potential to forge a decent and varied career, yes, but no more than the other two. Film will not guarantee it for him, as a UK actor. It’s Theatre and TV that forge reputations over here. Films get seen by noone unless they happen to be chosen for a ‘premiere’ on TV, which, btw, was how Driving Lessons got seen by many of us!

And Steph earlier was right; TV ‘miniseries’ and Theatre feature our top actors all the time. People like Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Michael Gambon, Richard Griffiths, Robbie Coltrane. I think you may have heard of a few of them?? All have done TV ‘miniseries’ at the height of their careers and still do. Maggie Smith in ‘David Copperfield’ (alongside a young DanRad). Robbie Coltrane’s ‘Cracker’ was his masterpiece, Judi Dench and Michael Gambon recently in ‘Cranford’, the best miniseries of last year. They also do Theatre regularly, more often than you would imagine: the first four and Ralph Fiennes, David Bradley (Filch), Ken Brannagh have all been on stage at least once in the last year. I saw Gambon and Bradley in a play only last week.

@EruditeWitch, who said: “My Boy Jack was… okay, but I think if he was looking for exposure…he didn’t get that until Equus”. 1. My Boy Jack came after Equus. In the UK it had close to soap opera viewing figures. 2. Dan isn’t looking for exposure; he’s looking for a varied career and is going a great way to achieving it, besides generating a great deal of respect.

And incidentally going across to the US does not make anyone better than those who stay in the UK. Quite the opposite in some cases, (just look at Colin Firth, brilliant in BBCs miniseries Pride & Prejudice but now doomed to rubbishy romcoms!)

Posted by anne on December 26, 2008, 03:36 PM report to moderator

"You're starting to sound a bit like our dear older brother, you are, Ron. Carry on like this and you'll be made a prefect."[br]"No, I won't!" said Ron hotly...[br]"Well, stop telling people what to do then."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014