Three New Photos of Rupert Grint in "Cherrybomb"

Grint
December 18, 2008, 08:44 PM

Three more new photos of actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in his new film "Cherrybomb" are now online courtesy of Icecreamman. Update: You can now see them here!

Thanks Tao!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

mollywobbles23

*mollywobbles: just for your information My boy Jack was shown on American TV earlier this year..I don´t remember what channel (I´m not american)…But I do recall that the numbers of wievers was pretty high..Besides it´s also avaible on DVD

“Now, it seems that some anti-Rupert folks, do look down on him and for no reason that I can see”

Can you please name just ONE here, who´s “looking down on him”

Just because we´re some who don´t think “he´s the best looking guy or the best actor to walk this planet” doesn´t make us bashers
Posted by Sonja on December 20, 2008, 09:41 PM *

I forgot that it was shown on PBS. shrug I also had no idea it was on DVD.

I think I’ve been pretty level headed, but let me know if my posts come off a bit hostile because I don’t mean that for them.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 20, 2008, 11:11 PM report to moderator
brittany

i wish all 3 actors & the rest of hp actors do good in whatever they decide to do.. whether its modeling or going to school, doing plays, or diff. type of movies..

I think Dan’s made great choices. Equus certainly got him enough publicity, way more than any film he or Emma or Rupert have done, not including HP. And I say this as someone who thinks Rupert’s the best actor of the three.

Posted by Jennifer

^ naturally he was going to get big publicity for this whether he sucked on ice or not.. 1) because he was naked and 2) that was a big effort to step outside his hp role.. so either way he was going to get publicity for doing equus..and since this is a rupert post let me get abck to rupert… i hope he does well in al his films now & in the future. i’m expecting to see something in him that we have yet to see

Posted by brittany on December 20, 2008, 11:37 PM report to moderator
jo

Posted by jo on December 20, 2008, 11:53 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

Ummmm, Rupert doing a one hour special about the ozone layer…

Me likey!!!

Shoot, Rupert can instruct a tutorial about how to make a tuna fish sandwich and I’d be all over it….

He can read me the directions off of a shampoo bottle.

Aww, heck, he can play the demented boyfriend in a Lifetime Movie Network movie,….well maybe not. Hehehehehe…..

guh

Posted by AJWC1 on December 21, 2008, 12:17 AM report to moderator
Sonja

“Radcakesfan and other people I’ve encountered on other sites seem to love to trash Rupert for no reason whatsoever.”

I know that Radcakesfan can be a little “harsh” in her comments sometimes…But I´ve NEVER recalling her calling Rupert: “stupid, fat, ugly…or something like that”…just that she don´t like him as an actor or in interwievs, and that 2009 wouldn´t be “year of the Grint” for her…It wouldn´t for me neither

“I never said you were a basher…in fact I didn’t say “basher” at all. Why are you so defensive?”

Well, if I´m not a “basher” or a “hater” what am I then?…please don´t tell me that I´m “just expressin my opinion”

Defensive…moi????…I think the most defensive people here are Rupert-fans who jumps on your throat just because you “dare” to critizise (spell) him just a tiny whiny little bit"…which I don´t recall I´ve been doing……Oh wait…maybe I have. I´ve said that I don´t think he´s the best looking guy or the best actor in the world

Posted by Sonja on December 21, 2008, 01:52 AM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

To me, you’re just someone who doesn’t like Rupert.

Oh, and maybe I was wrong about radcakesfan. Maybe they just like to bash Rupert’s fans with no provocation. I’ve seen them start bashing us before there were even two comments on a news post. It’s really kind of ridiculous and much worse than bashing Rupert.

I have said positive things about Dan and Emma alongside my saying that I think Rupert is a great actor.

You keep telling us what you DON’T think about Rupert, i.e. that he’s not the best looking guy or the best actor. What DO you actually think about him? Or are you just here to tell us what WE think about him and why? Why don’t we take turns? I’ll go first:

I think Rupert is very down to earth and a little shy. I do think he’s very good looking. I think he’s a very natural actor and that after HP he’ll have a long and successful career. I think his choices now will help him get there moreso than Dan or Emma’s, but I even think they will have great careers. I don’t think Rupert gets enough credit and I think that by doing the types of films he’s been doing outside of HP, that one day he will and I can’t wait for that day. Excuse me for being a fan of an actor. I didn’t know it was the end of the world.

It’s not the fact that you guys don’t think Rupert’s the best. It’s the fact that you (in general) feel the need to get all up in arms whenever we talk about Rupert making good choices and doing really well outside of HP as though…I don’t know what. I really don’t understand what’s going on here and how it all blew up. I guess I just don’t see the point of coming in and trying to burst people’s bubbles.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 21, 2008, 02:36 AM report to moderator
Sonja

well I´m a fan of an actor as well, and his name is Daniel Radcliffe – been a fan for 6 years.

Posted by Sonja on December 21, 2008, 02:51 AM report to moderator
kailey

That was an intense fight.

Posted by kailey on December 21, 2008, 03:03 AM report to moderator
Vanessa

God, some people here really need to GROW UP!!!

Posted by Vanessa on December 21, 2008, 03:36 AM report to moderator
Alice

“T.V! Movies! A one hour special about the ozone layer! Who cares what Rupert decides to do as long as he is happy and doing what he loves! He is blessed with a strong support sysem from family, friends and fans so In the end it won’t matter what your comments here say about him and his career. Rupert fans shouldn’t waste their time arguing with 2-3 people when 2-3 million agree with us. :)”

I agree 100% with this. Rupert’s critically acclaimed, he’s popular, and he’s happy… that should be enough for us. (In fact, even if he weren’t so popular it’d still be enough IMO.)

I know it’s hard not to argue when some of the comments (especially the unprovoked ones) are so ridiculous and I’ve been guilty of doing that myself, but I think the best thing is to ignore the usual suspects and keep making the kind of posts that SHOULD be under news items like this. And if mere praise of Rupert brings them out of the woodwork (as it has so many times before) then just leave them to talk to themselves. It’ll have the added bonus of making them look silly. :P

Posted by Alice on December 21, 2008, 06:46 AM report to moderator
AJWC1

Yes Alice, lets….

clears throat

I can watch 5 good minutes of Rupert as Malachy with those headphones on. He don’t have to say a word…..

yup

Posted by AJWC1 on December 21, 2008, 07:55 AM report to moderator
Quotidias

Sonja wrote:
“Okay,,molly, you want to know what I DO think about Rupert; He´s an ok actor, not the best, he comes across as a nice person, but extremly dull in interwievs…

I´m not going to make a longer comment. I think we both have said what´s on our minds in this case, and I don´t think we´ll ever reach an total agreement…"

Sonja, this is exactly the point a lot of us are trying to make here. If you don’t think Rupert’s particularly good-looking, don’t think he’s that great of an actor, and don’t like his interviews, why are you bothering to waste YOUR OWN TIME commenting on a Rupert film? It’s great that you love Dan. I think Dan’s a great actor and will have a fabulous career after HP, but don’t go for his looks so much, but I don’t go on the Leaky comments about Dan and say that. If I do, I just say that I thought he did an excellent job and just leave it at that. If you don’t like Rupert, the only reason I can see for you and some of the others to make unsupportive comments about him is to stir up trouble. You might say, well, I can comment here if I want, and of course you can. But I always viewed Leaky giving people the opportunity to make comments as a way for them to provide constructive comments, not just to come in and say stuff that’s pretty irrelevant.

Having said that, I do have to agree with EruditeWitch that US TV movies are crap, and someone’s career is probably circling the toilet if they’re in one. They’re always sappy stuff around the holidays, or about some family crisis that has some kind of moral at the end and everyone hugs. Blech. The only ones that are decent are either on HBO or are imported from the UK and shown on PBS. My Boy Jack was one of those. I actually saw it when it aired and thought Dan did a fine job in it.

Posted by Quotidias on December 21, 2008, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Sonja

I have really NO idea why people are jumping on my throat anyway….My very first comment was just a list over the quality movies that..IMO..Rupert had done, alongside with Dan and Emma…I have NO idea why that was such a bad comment…maybe because I mentioned Dan and Emma as well….I don´t know…

As for posting over and over again…..well it´s not against the law to write a comment, when yoiu got something on your mind, wether people agree with me or not. Besides mollywobbles23 was asking me the same question over and over again – I still can´t figure WHY excatly she asked me that particular question; something like “would I made a comment about Rupert being in a TV-movie” even if I haven´t seen the it….Molly if you read this – I´m NOT the one who said TV movies was crap – Eruditewitch did – so why not ask her the same question

Posted by Sonja on December 21, 2008, 10:19 AM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

@ Sonja,

I didn’t ask you that question. All I asked you was what you did think about Rupert as you were only telling us what you didn’t think of him.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 21, 2008, 11:28 AM report to moderator
AJWC1

Correction Sonja,

That wasn’t Molly, that was me…. shrugs

And as I said before, it wasn’t the focus of tv movies in general that prompted me to ask the question…. And I do believe I only asked you twice (when you didn’t answer the first time…) But, oh thee well….moving right along. I just didn’t want Molly to get it for something that she didn’t say…

Before you try to rip someone a new one, make sure you know who made the comment in the first place. :D

But as Jennifer, and others have said before….focus on the good things. ;)

I’m in a party mood now, so….ummm

I would love to see Rupert in a movie with Toni Colette (who is doing a cable tv show now, btw)

I would like to see Rupert as a character in a John Waters film.

Except for the long distribution times, I would love to see Rupert do indie films.

When I first saw the quiff over the summer, I was not feeling the do, but now just adore it. He is working it and that sweater. I have a feeling that he’s going to wear the sweater alot (based on set spoilers and whatnot.) It really helps to create a character for me. It’s just so Ducky Dale (who is my FAVORITE movie character…)

Gosh I want some Tony (WT) pics now!!!!

Looking forward to Rupert in HBP and DH….

Oh I can go on….

Posted by AJWC1 on December 21, 2008, 11:34 AM report to moderator

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley...[br]"Why?" said Percy curiously.[br]"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them --"[br]"-- for Humongous Bighead," said Fr