New Photo of Rupert Grint in "Cherrybomb"

Grint
December 16, 2008, 12:05 PM

There is a new photo of Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in his new film, Cherrybomb, available via this link. The British Films Catalogue also lists the film as running 76 minutes, and describes the movie as follows:

With their exams over, best friends Malachy and Luke are out to have one hell of a summer. However, the arrival of Michelle, a captivating but troubled beauty, tests their friendship to the limit as she encourages the two boys to carry out increasingly dangerous and illegal deeds in the battle for her affections, with fatal consequences.

Thanks to our Order partner RuperGrint.net  and to ICM!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

jenny

76 minutes seems awfully short. I like the picture though. :)

Posted by jenny on December 16, 2008, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Kami

I always loved POA short hair on Rupert, I only hope that they keep it that length for HBP and DH – I’ll die if they make it the ridiculous length it was in GOF lol :P

Posted by Kami on December 16, 2008, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Sonja

Holy..wow…I mean I´m NOT a Rupert fan….but….YUMS….

Anyway 76 minutes sounds “wrong”, maybe it´s a typo, and it´s 96 minutes

Posted by Sonja on December 16, 2008, 07:21 PM report to moderator
nubiana

Hey, I liked Rupert’s GOF Hair, it was all Pantene-like, LOL! Anywho, it’s Great that Rupert is branching out. I’m hope this film is distributed widely, b/c I am very interested to see him. I’ve always thought that he was the best actor of the three (my opinion, don’t jump down my throat for this!). I hope this leads to more anti-Ron characters in films in the future for him (Don’t get me wrong, I love his Ron, but want to see him break out of the sort of timid sidekick role and kick some butt!

Posted by nubiana on December 16, 2008, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Chris

Gorgeous!!

Posted by Chris on December 16, 2008, 07:56 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

If the film is that short, maybe it’s going to be on television instead? With commercials, that would string it out for 2 hours- though that’d be a heck of a lot of commercials.
Eh, i ‘m not much interested in him. Year of the grint only applies to his fans; to other people, it’s still always going to be the year of the Dan, the Patterson, the Watson, whoever .
To Brittany, had trouble trying to figure out what you were trying to say, but get used to other people’s opinions. It’s allowed.

Posted by radcakesfan on December 17, 2008, 03:55 AM report to moderator
Alice

“Year of the grint only applies to his fans; to other people, it’s still always going to be the year of the Dan, the Patterson, the Watson, whoever .”

Yes of course – everyone’s entitled to be excited about their own favourites! :)

And you know, even if (as you are hoping for, radcakesfan) the film doesn’t pick up in cinemas and goes straight to TV, I don’t mind. I just can’t wait to see it!

(Hehe, I love it how certain people always get so tetchy when the Rupert love comes out – makes me smile.)

Posted by Alice on December 17, 2008, 05:35 AM report to moderator
Miriam

“Flabby” doesn’t mean “fat”, it mean there is excess flesh – that’s just the way Rupert looks most of the time, like his face is hanign. William H Macy, David Jason, Michael Gambon and many other guys have the same face. It’s you guys being too prickly about other people’s perceptions of Rupert. Your aggression and dismissal of other people’s opinions is pathetic. And just because some of us aren’t fanatical or in love with Rupert doesn’t mean that we aren’t allowed to post comments on any story related to him. What gives any of you the right to monopolise like that?

As to the film – the story is cliche, it’s the execution of it that matters.

Posted by Miriam on December 17, 2008, 05:52 AM report to moderator
Millas

I am so excited about this film and Wild Target, (oh yeah, HBP too, lol)
I can’t stand the hate on this guy, which I believe comes from a silly thing like shipping. For really he IS a good actor, and though I like the rest of the HP-cast too,he has always been my favourite, and I do think he’ll have a great career.
Good Luck!
“2009 Will be a great year for every Ruperv-and tell U what: we are quite a few!!

Posted by Millas on December 17, 2008, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Miriam

Sorry, I meant his face is “hanging”. And if Alfonso Cuaron can make a boy-girl-boy story interesting and fresh (Y Tu Mama Tambien), then I don’t see any reason why this can’t be – however the story isn’t original, it’s the way that it’s made and the way that the characters are portrayed that will give it credibility. Just have to wait and see.

And again, just because we don’t agree to your opinion of Rupert’s “hotness” or his “supreme acitng ability” doesn’t mean we are trolls.

Posted by Miriam on December 17, 2008, 06:02 AM report to moderator
MK

Miriam, I’m sorry but it’s not like you’ve only been trolling around on here. You’ve also been trolling around every Emma news update lately. I’m all for you expressing your opinion just as it is, because you have the absolute right to, but you’re still trolling around. It’s sophisticated trolling because you’re presenting your sentiments clearly with nice spelling and such, but it’s still trolling nonetheless. It is what is.

Posted by MK on December 17, 2008, 07:11 AM report to moderator
ashley

i can’t wait for the film!!! i like how lonely he looks in the pics. the setting, the orange lighting. i wonder what scene that is. and i swear the pool scene will be GOOD

Posted by ashley on December 17, 2008, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Christine

Miriam – How come you seem like you have all the right in the world to criticize Rupert’s looks? If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it all. You could have just said something about the movie, instead of how he looks. Nevermind, you shouldn’t have said anything at all.

Anyway, I can’t wait for CB :) I’m hoping we get a trailer soon because I’m dyinggggg! :D

Posted by Christine on December 17, 2008, 07:52 AM report to moderator
Jim

Haha, I see the King Troll ( also known as Radcakesfan ) couldn’t resist posting their usual insightful comments about someone they’ve supposedly no interest in. By the way rad, how did the cinema enjoy Dan’s performance in ‘My Boy Jack’? Oops sorry, it was a tv production wasn’t it.

Posted by Jim on December 17, 2008, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Miriam

MK – perhaps you’re the sensitive type that thinks anyone that says something different to you happens to be a troll? I’m not a troll, nor do I troll. This is a HP site not an Emma site, not an Daniel site nor a Rupert site. I am a fan of HP and therefore entitled to express my opinions on any of the news posts on here. You’re perhaps the type of person that likes to stifle anyone else’s opinions by labelling them a “troll” just because it makes you feel that you “right” or that you are “nicer” or that you are “allowed an opinion”?

Christine – how is “flabby” considered a bad thing to say? And I’m far nicer than an awful lot of people on here are. At least I don’t wag my finger at people and basically tell them to shut up for saying want the want.

Posted by Miriam on December 17, 2008, 08:37 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...she looked directly at Harry and Ron and said grimly, "I've become accustomed to seeing the Quidditch Cup in my study, boys, and I don't really want to have to hand it over to Professor Snape, so use the extra time to practice, won't you?"