Emma Watson Guest on BBC Radio, More

Watson
December 16, 2008, 09:08 AM

Thanks to Sarah for the heads up that actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) was a guest on the BBC1 radio, appearing on the Edith Bowman show in the UK. During the interview, which you can listen to again via this link, (thanks Alice!) Emma said that she has indeed applied to several universities here in the US, and will be attending school as well as working on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Besides discussing her new film The Tale of Despereaux, Emma dispelled rumors that she is to be the new face of Chanel. She also revealed she enjoys Kings of Leon and Razorlight music, plus confessed as her guilty pleasure, she listens to Britney Spear's latest song Piece of Me all the time. Finally, during a quick round question and answer type of session, Emma chose Dan over Rupert, because she joked Rupert would handle the news better.

On a related note, a new video interview with Emma Watson is online via the Telegraph.

Thanks Sarah and Alice!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Kiwi Mc I

has she been on yet?

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 16, 2008, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Alice

I must have missed it – I’ll use the iPlayer once the show’s over to listen to it.

Posted by Alice on December 16, 2008, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Alice

Ooh, here it is: http://www.radio1movies.com/

Posted by Alice on December 16, 2008, 09:47 AM report to moderator
roonwit

Emma was also on Woman’s Hour yesterday.
It sounds like it covers the same sort of material.

Posted by roonwit on December 16, 2008, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

you can listen to the clip on radio 1 now via this link: http://www.radio1movies.com/2008/12/emma-watson-and-the-tales-of-despereaux.html

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 16, 2008, 10:26 AM report to moderator
m.a boon

And still waiting…..

Posted by m.a boon on December 16, 2008, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

hee, me again! Anyway I’d recommend listening to the radio 1 interview because Emma seems a lot free-er and more fun than usual

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 16, 2008, 10:49 AM report to moderator
hericus

i listened to the interview it sounded good cant wait to see emma in hbp still got a while to go, and not sure if im going to see that new film of hers yet… anyone know whats it like?
(Btw i thought brittney spears latest track was womanizer? =]) I dont really like brittney spears but radio1 used to play that alot when it first came out.

Posted by hericus on December 16, 2008, 11:02 AM report to moderator
HP_Appreciator

Well, those radio interviews are most interesting, especially Edith Bowman and Woman’s Hour with Jane Garvey. She explains a lot (she´s not the face of Chanel, but she loves their clothers, she went fly-fishing when she was much younger, she´s on her gap year now, she´ll go to University starting September 2009, she has not decided yet in which country, she has a thirst for knowledge and learning, she might do smaller independent films during the university holidays, she loves acting, and she might do Napoleon & Betsy in 2010).

Posted by HP_Appreciator on December 16, 2008, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Miriam

How can she start university in the September next year in the US? If she decided to go to uni over there in 2009, then she wouldn’t be able to film DH, would she? I think it’s more likely that she’ll attend a UK university and perhaps do some sort of exchange year in the US after. Thank god she isn’t the “face of Chanel” – she is too young looking, and Keira Knightley is very much better suited.

Posted by Miriam on December 16, 2008, 12:23 PM report to moderator
HP_Appreciator

DH shooting starts February, giving her 7 months until September. She can also do additional shooting on her holidays. The DH shoot will continue thru June 2010.

And we´ll just have to wait and see, which Uni she eventually selects. :)

Posted by HP_Appreciator on December 16, 2008, 12:42 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

Most of the trio’s interviews must feel like Chinese water torture to them. It’s usually the same boring questions with equally boring answers. But I liked this one and I especially liked another one with Jane Garvey asking the questions. I think Emma is a very interesting person. She is so BRAINY and when the interviewer manages to engage her, she is fun to listen to.

I nearly died laughing at Barton’s comment about Jack Black as her own Prince Charming. I adore Jack Black! He is VERY FUNNY. But Neville Longbottom will forever be my Prince Charming! LOL.

Posted by KB Prez on December 16, 2008, 01:23 PM report to moderator
hambro

I love emma. She’s such a a beautiful young lady, inside and out. She’s so nice,funny and genuine. We all love emma. Goodluck, Em.

Posted by hambro on December 16, 2008, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Orchid

Dan over Rupert? Oh Emma, no, thats the wrong answer!!!

Posted by Orchid on December 16, 2008, 03:54 PM report to moderator
indie-cindy

who is she to judge britney?

Posted by indie-cindy on December 16, 2008, 04:44 PM report to moderator

"It's the same all over," said Mr. Borgin, in his oily voice. "Wizarding blood is counting for less everywhere--"[br]"Not with me." said Mr. Malfoy, his long nostrils flaring.