PotterCast 177: Internet Peoples!

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 14, 2008, 08:49 PM

Tonight we have for you the 177th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, for your audible enjoyment.  Episode 177 marks the first edition of PotterCast recorded live before a live internet audience.  This week, the long awaited Acting Troupe makes its first appearance on the show with the inaugural installment of our newest addition to the show.  Sue starts off the show with a rundown of the latest in Harry Potter news with regarding Alan Rickman (Snape) filming for Deathly Hallows, new set visit contests from the WB, ABC Family clips, Beedle the Bard Movie rumors, and further sales figures for the Tales of Beedle the Bard book.  We also take a number of calls from the live listeners during the news who comment on the abundance of Beedle the Bard news.  Canon Conclundrums is up next with a discussion on the importance on wands from the "Tale of the Three Brothers" story in The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  Episode One of the PotterCast Acting Troupe then premieres with "Albus Potter and the Founder's Fountain" starring a number of familiar characters from the Harry Potter series.  This episode sets out the story of the next generation as they make their way to Hogwarts for the first time.  The show wraps up with the latest on Jingle Spells 2, LeakyCon 2009, the PotterCast Vlogs, and so much more.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Internet Peoples"
  • "Deathly Hallows" Filming for Alan Rickman
  • Beedle The Bard: The Movie
  • Internet Peoples!
  • More Wandlore!
  • Habit Forming Wands
  • Acting Troupe: Albus Potter and the Founder’s Fountain.
  • Jingle Spells 2 is on the way!
  • Harry, A History – 4 week on the New York Times Best Seller’s List.
  • Register for LeakyCon 2009 now!
RT: 87:11

Producer: John Noe
Editor: Jeff Gregory

Contributing Editors:
Michael Beckett
Briana Roop
Jake Neuman
Rudi Gerber
Katlin Menzie
Jeremiah Blu3tick
Jaime Medeya
Jeremy Thomas
Armin Vollstedt

We had some technical difficulties beyond our editors' control- please excuse some stray static and echos.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (37 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

givemesomeTLC

Great pottercast!!!
i just realized that MyYahoo! has an application for the news of The Leaky Cauldron!!!! OMG that is sooooooo cooooooooool!! wow! you guys are up there with NPR and the LA times on my page! ;) SQUEEEEEEE!

Posted by givemesomeTLC on December 15, 2008, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Becks

First: yaaaay, I’ve just downloaded Jingle Spells 2 from iTunes :D

Second: Michael Scott would totally be in Hufflepuff. He’s very loyal to his staff members — Toby excluded, haha. Plus, he is always looking out for their best interests…even if it means not being able to make a decision because he wants to please everyone.

Posted by Becks on December 15, 2008, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Averyfan

The echo in John’s feed was GREAT! It’s like he was commenting from another dimension!

Posted by Averyfan on December 16, 2008, 04:43 AM report to moderator
bellatrix's parole officer

Hi guys – just had to tell you that John’s voice was echoey and horrible to listen to this on this podcast. Something to do with net audience being there?

Posted by bellatrix's parole officer on December 16, 2008, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Renae

Hello,

I listen as often as I can to your podcasts and love all of them. Thanks for providing me with my weekly “Harry fix”. I had a question/comment. There was a lot of talk about not seeing Beedle as a movie. A lot of the callers mentioned cartoonish puppets and things of that nature. I somewhat disagree. What about a live action movie? Ok I know it might be a lil extreme but possibly directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Now that would be a real bedtime story. With his (own) followers and that of Harry, there would be no worries about a box office hit. I agree with Mel, it can be done; just the right way. It would be great to see Beedle on the screen. My other thought: Why couldn’t Dumbledore host? He does speak from the portrait right?

Posted by Renae on December 16, 2008, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Zeke

Very good show. I enjoyed Acting Troupe: Albus Potter and the Founder’s Fountain. As I listened it took me back to Sorcerers Stone, is the adventure going to begin again! Can’t wait till the next episode.

Posted by Zeke on December 16, 2008, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Strider

You can’t compare the sales of Beedle with the Twilight series. I haven’t read Twilight, but it is still in an early stage I guess. The Potter books had to wait for their grand succes for a while too. I haven’t read Beedle either (yet) but I know everyone is just jumping on the band wagon for this. Lets face it, it’s a Rowling so everyone is buying it, despite the quality of the text (I haven’t read it yet, so I don’t know if it’s good).

Posted by Strider on December 16, 2008, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Carebie

I finally got around to listening to last weeks episode and I am currently listening to this weeks episode of Potter Cast. I have my copy of Beetle Finally, but I am wrapping it up for Christmas.

“Its Wayne’s World, Wayne’s World…I mean Its Beetle’s World, Beetle’s World” Sorry that is what John made me think of was Wayne’s World intro. I definitely think that the tales should be animated if they do them. If they do a narrator I don’t know how they are going to beat Burl Ives (the Narrator in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer) Haha but I am sure they could find a really awesome actor to do it.

Posted by Carebie on December 17, 2008, 01:35 PM report to moderator
camellily

Listened to the podcast today. The acting troupe is amazingly good. Love the story line.

Posted by camellily on December 19, 2008, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Fragesteller

I just now listened to the recording, and I have to add my praise for the Acting Troupe: they did an extraordinary job. Writing and production were excellent; original, funny, and dramatic. Really well done.

Posted by Fragesteller on December 20, 2008, 05:49 PM report to moderator
May

The Acting troupe was great.

Thank you guys.

Posted by May on December 22, 2008, 08:23 AM report to moderator
La

2 things, First and foremost acting troupe is crazy amazing, I think when it’s all done you should put it out as a cd for download for charity, I would definately buy it, being that I can’t own a book copy I can read over and over again. Damn for the cliffhanger and I was really hoping scorp would end up in griff or huff.

Secondly, I was suprised in the wandlore discussion that no one mentioned the fact that Ron’s orginal wand is a hand-me-down. I just started re-reading the books again and I positve that Ron mentions that his wand was Charlie’s. But I don’t recall an mention of him not being able to do spells. Any comments?

Posted by La on December 25, 2008, 10:51 PM report to moderator

"A few people have heard of you, haven't they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!" He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry's forehead. "I know, I know -- it's not quite as good as winning [i]Witch Weekly[/i]'s Most-Charming-Smile Award fiv