LeakyCon Wrocking and Wrolling! Band Lineup Announced!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
December 14, 2008, 11:19 PM

LeakyCon 2009, our Harry Potter conference in Boston this May, is currently open for registration and proposals (academic and informal), but tonight we are thrilled to announce our fabulous lineup of wizard rock bands for the event. They will take place over three days, on several themes:

Thursday: It's Evil Night (which will take place in the hotel's neighboring castle), 8pm to midnight, featuring Draco and the Malfoys, The Parselmouths, Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Sugar Quills and Swish and Flick

Friday: Rock Night, 8pm to midnight, featuring Harry and the Potters, The Whomping Willows, Gred and Forge, and Tonks and the Aurors

Saturday we will have an afternoon show (with a title to be announced) from 1pm to 5pm, will featuring The Remus Lupins, The Moaning Myrtles, The Mudbloods and RiddleTM.

That's twelve bands! Admission to all shows comes with a conference ticket, which you can get right here.

We can't wait to see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

MJLeakyCon

Perhaps JFF has been imperioused? How else could that poor kid get all wrapped up in a night of evil?! Hahahaha!

Posted by MJLeakyCon on December 15, 2008, 11:50 AM report to moderator
anna

the link to buy tickets isn’t working for me. anyone else?

Posted by anna on December 15, 2008, 12:42 PM report to moderator
MJLeakyCon

Should send you to the right place! Sorry about that!

Posted by MJLeakyCon on December 15, 2008, 12:59 PM report to moderator
TarsieS

Can’t wait – May, here we come!!!! Boston or Bust!

Posted by TarsieS on December 15, 2008, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Jen-en-en-a!!!

Omg omg omg omg omg omg! Soooo excited!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST!!!!!!

Posted by Jen-en-en-a!!! on December 15, 2008, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Christine

TannerParadox I so agree! (Gred and Forge and MoM = my favorite bands)

too bad I can’t go anyway. (I live in Florida).

And also I’m wondering why JFF is considered “evil” b/c how many evil Hufflepuff’s have there been… ? I would say very,very few (if any).

Me? I’m waiting for Infinitus in 2010! =]

Posted by Christine on December 15, 2008, 07:10 PM report to moderator
H

Why is Justin evil? Besides that- awww, that lineup sounds great; I really wish I could be there.

Posted by H on December 15, 2008, 08:52 PM report to moderator
griffenpuff

sooooo excited!

MoM being there would completely make my life, though.

Posted by griffenpuff on December 15, 2008, 08:59 PM report to moderator
courteni

you should switch JFF and RiddleTM.

Posted by courteni on December 15, 2008, 10:28 PM report to moderator
RiddleTM

Lmao. JFF is the band that all the Slytherins pick on! You can’t be evil without someone to pick on!

Posted by RiddleTM on December 16, 2008, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Jenni

SAD! Oh man! So many awesome bands playing right nearby where I will be working for the entirety of Leaky Con. Stupid job. :’-(

Posted by Jenni on December 17, 2008, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Auriana

Since when is JFF evil?? Lol either way this looks amazing.

Posted by Auriana on December 17, 2008, 11:00 PM report to moderator
Erin

I think the third show should be called the Sweet Wrockers night. All those people are the sweetest peope!

Posted by Erin on December 18, 2008, 09:35 AM report to moderator
[EL.net] David

I’m a tad disappointed there’s no mention of MoM or OBatR, amongst a few other lesser known bands, but nevertheless that’s a great lineup. I’m thrilled that Vic and Georgia will be playing. Makes me very very happy!

Posted by [EL.net] David on December 22, 2008, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Arielle

Argh! This is so unfair. I actually live about twenty minutes from the venue, and I can’t go because my parents won’t foot the bill for registration. Curses! I really want to go!

Posted by Arielle on December 22, 2008, 04:05 PM report to moderator

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn -- Chang's Comet is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision-balance is really noticeable in these long --"[br]"J