Emma Watson Looking Forward to Filming Ron/Hermione Scenes from Silver Doe Chapter for "Deathly Hallows"

Watson
December 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to MTV, where she discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. Noting she has not yet discussed with co-star Rupert Grint the romance and kiss their characters share, Emma Watson is most looking forward to filming another scene between the couple: the emotional reunion that takes place in Chapter 19, "The Silver Doe." Quotage:

“The scene that really touched me is Ron’s betrayal of Hermione, him leaving her. There’s that wonderful scene where he comes back and Hermione just launches herself at him and starts hitting him and is uncontrollably angry at him and disappointed in him for abandoning her. I’m looking forward to that because it felt very real when I read it.”

She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. “I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

alexis

I can not wait to see that scene acted out by Emma and Rupert:)

Posted by alexis on December 14, 2008, 03:27 PM report to moderator
mrspotter

this scene is great but i really didn’t understand why hermionie and ron had to be together from the beggining i thought it would be harry and hermionie never thought ginny was that pretty.(:

he he he

Posted by mrspotter on December 14, 2008, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Melissa

Man I almost read like every comment and how Dan and Emma really like each other and stuff thats all BS.
IMO I think the 3 of them have the same relationship.
If people don’t know if they can pull of the emotions they’re wrong. I mean they’re ACTORS they have to learn, they’ll get into caracter. Even if Rupert and Emma’ll feel uncomfortably kissing each other they know is part of their job and they have to do it.
If the hitting scene isn’t soo emotional or him leaving, the Director will Obiously say something and not just get the first take.
Goodness sometimes people’s comments sometimes piss me off and I know its just their opinion but it seems like they just imediately sit and comment and not think about the event. Get me?

Posted by Melissa on December 14, 2008, 05:15 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

I’ve seen all the interviews and bts stuff too and i’ve never noticed much of the “chemistry” between emma and ruprt. I see way more between Dan and Emma, but that could be because my eye is drawn to them and not to rupert at all. Sorry but even the scenes between them in the OotP seemed to me to be filmed separately, like just emma on screen and then rupert. In the interviews, they’ve all been trying to point out the hermione/rupert thingie since the second movie, and it’s been enforced with the handholding scene among others. The movies have been dead obvious with who was supposed to like whom (with Harry crushing on Cho early on) , yet it seems most people still like the Harry/hermione coupling or saw them as “the couple”. Maybe because they look so cute together. Whatever, i do see more chemistry between those two than the ship couples. It’s too bad, because d/e would burn up the screen. Heyman better insist on the evil h/hr kiss ‘cuz that is gonna be soooo good. Can’t wait!

Posted by radcakesfan on December 16, 2008, 03:36 AM report to moderator
radcakesfan

Joejoe, i like your thinking! The evil H/hr kiss is supposed to be hotter, to drive Ron’s emotions. AND it has to look realistic. Otherwise people would just laught. Of course, some fans would like that because they worry that the h/hr kiss will upstage the r/hr kiss and no, that wouldn’t mean it is bad directing, acting or whatever nonsense r/hr’s are trying to push.
Oh, and i agree with Emma that ron’s actions were a betrayal. She couldn’t leave Harry when he was up against something so drastic. That Ron would expect her to was really poor judgement and a really excellent reflection into their future together, to my mind. (although i do understand he was starving.) Run, hermione, run! rofl

Posted by radcakesfan on December 16, 2008, 03:47 AM report to moderator
galadriel12

“Sorry but even the scenes between them in the OotP seemed to me to be filmed separately, like just emma on screen and then rupert.” This is the most hilarious thing I’ve read in a long time. Thank you for making me laugh hard, radcakesfan. The word beginning with the fourth letter of the alphabet comes to mind.

Posted by galadriel12 on December 16, 2008, 11:58 AM report to moderator
radcakesfan

radcakesfan i can see where your coming from but dont forget that locket was driving ron even more and also him & harry made up right after that shows how strong their friendship is… buit people wouldnt know that unless they have a strong friendship that has had a falling out :)

Posted by radcakesfan on December 16, 2008, 03:10 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

The gifs or screenshots that come to mind where you lot trumpet their chemistry are where they are sitting across from each other at the kitchen table. They are shot separately with the camera aimed at them separately as they face opposite directions ; P

To the person above, the locket was affecting all of them. Ron just was the weakest character .

Posted by radcakesfan on December 17, 2008, 05:02 AM report to moderator
Laura

Wow, radcakesfan, you’re like my HP equivalent to Ann Coulter. You never fail to disappoint with some kind of rude remark: “That Ron would expect her to was really poor judgement and a really excellent reflection into their future together, to my mind. (although i do understand he was starving.) Run, hermione, run! rofl”

Really? Honestly? You just baffle me. “although i do understand he was starving.” ?!? That’s all you take from J.K. Rowling’s writing? Really? I’m just shaking my head in disbelief, because I see that as something you’re saying with heavy sarcasm—correct me if I’m wrong. So if I’m right, you mean to tell me that your first thought is that he was driven by hunger? How about that, oh I don’t know, he has a rather large family that he just might be worried about? And the comment about the “future” of their relationship…just, wow. That has to be the most bitter statement I’ve ever read in my life (let’s go with hyperbole here since that seems to be what fuels you).

And the scenes that I referenced before are not scenes like that. They’re in the same shot. Sorry.

Posted by Laura on December 17, 2008, 06:27 AM report to moderator
Hermione_Ron_Lover

Sooooo,the D/E and H/Hr shippers,WHY DON’T YOU MAKE UR OWN HELL H/Hr D/ELUSIONAL ROMANCE INTO A NOVEL THEN? i’m sure people can’t wait to buy it and THROW it away! Don’t you all read ALL MEDIA and the DIRECTORS comments about Rupert/Emma chemistry?Blind?

Posted by Hermione_Ron_Lover on December 19, 2008, 04:00 AM report to moderator
Christina

I totally agree with Emma. Ron did betray Hermione & Harry, & it was completley worse for Hermione to deal with it since she is in love with him. When Ron came back to the tent, I was NOT expecting Hermione to react the way she did, even though Ron really did deserve it. I thought Hermione was just gonna run up to him & kiss him! Boy was I surprised!!! Even though Ron betrayed Hermione like that & it’s supposed to be sad, I actually started bursting out laughing when Hermione starts cussing & punching Ron out. I can’t wait to see the Ron/Hermione kiss. It’s going to be so romantic!!! I loved Deathly Hallows. It was my favorite HP book. I love the scenes where Ron & Hermione are being really sweet to the other, & then next thing you know, they’re arguing AGAIN. It’s just really funny. I love the epilogue, it was perfect. I think the names are really unique, even though I’ve heard people comenting that Ron & Hermione’s kids names are weird. I think Rose is beautiful, & Hugo very unique & different. I can see Rose being like her mom, being smart & a know-it-all. I also see her like her dad too, saying something funny every now & then. Hugo, I think, is more like his dad. He’s really smart like his mom, but he’s lighthearted, funny, & always trying to get by with stuuff like his dad. I love all the new HP kids, & I truly hope that JKR will right a few books about them & their experiences at Hogwarts. I would love that, & to be able to see what kind of personalities they have, to compare to see who they act like most. Long live the HP series!!! LOL.

Posted by Christina on January 08, 2009, 09:17 AM report to moderator
farah fareed fakhoury

ilove you hermione and ron and harry potter

Posted by farah fareed fakhoury on January 08, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Flickfairy

Ummm am I missing something? Most of the people who are talking about all the ‘D/E BS’ are R/H fans anyway. So what’s with all the delusional talk? lolz?

Personally, I ship R/H, but see much more chemistry between Dan and Emma in the films.

Posted by Flickfairy on January 24, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Emma is a lucky girl! Not only does she get to kiss Rupert at the end, but she gets to kiss Dan for the Silver Doe chapter! At least, I assume she does. I assume that for the Riddle!Hermione and Riddle!Harry’s embrace, they’ll film Emma and Dan doing it and then add the effects with the computer.

I’m glad to hear she’s looking forward to the reunion though, and how enthusiastic she is about that scene in the book, it makes me sure she’ll give it her all.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on February 04, 2009, 02:48 AM report to moderator

He had patched up his wand with some borrowed Spellotape, but it seemed to be damaged beyond repair. It kept crackling and sparking at odd moments, and every time Ron tried to transfigure his beetle it engulfed him in thick gray smoke that smelled of rott