Emma Watson Looking Forward to Filming Ron/Hermione Scenes from Silver Doe Chapter for "Deathly Hallows"

Watson
December 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to MTV, where she discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. Noting she has not yet discussed with co-star Rupert Grint the romance and kiss their characters share, Emma Watson is most looking forward to filming another scene between the couple: the emotional reunion that takes place in Chapter 19, "The Silver Doe." Quotage:

“The scene that really touched me is Ron’s betrayal of Hermione, him leaving her. There’s that wonderful scene where he comes back and Hermione just launches herself at him and starts hitting him and is uncontrollably angry at him and disappointed in him for abandoning her. I’m looking forward to that because it felt very real when I read it.”

She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. “I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

mollywobbles23

I don’t know what you guys are talking about Rupert and Emma not being able to pull it off. They have an amazing on-screen chemistry. And that’s not just my opinion. Lots of critics for GOF and OOTP talked about their chemistry. One said “Sparks of sexual chemistry are clear for all to see.”

Apparently not “all.”

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 13, 2008, 12:05 PM report to moderator
sl

I actually just read that chapter again. The Hermione scenes are funny with the insults she lobs at Ron. But the most poignant scenes are those between Ron and Harry and I really hope that shows through.

In defense of Jim – it may be fun for some to think of the actors as real-live couples, but it most likely is not true. Even in the Inside the Actors Studio interview with Dan, James Lipton asked him if he was really close with the other too. He started his answer by saying “we’re all just such different people”. He intimated that they were friends, but not even “best friends” much less couples.

Posted by sl on December 13, 2008, 12:09 PM report to moderator
FLora

Yes, I know what she meant. She’s still wrong.

And Steve Kloves needs to have both his hands broken in order to stop him ruining the last three movies with his terrible scripts and awful dialogue, just like he ruined the first four.

Thanks to Kloves, Film Ron, Harry and Hermione all bear very little resemblance indeed to to Book Ron, Harry and Hermione. It’s a real shame, because with a writer who was true to the spirit of Rowling’s characters, the films could have been halfway decent.

Posted by FLora on December 13, 2008, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Don’t you guys realise that DH will be 2 films? H/hr kiss in the 1st part, R/hr in the 2nd. And stop shipping, its pathetic.

Posted by Miriam on December 13, 2008, 01:02 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

I would just like to see the Ron/Hermione and Riddle-Harry/Hermione kiss scenes portrayed the way JKR wrote them. If these scenes are half as exciting to watch as they were to read, Yates & Co will have done a wonderful job. Seems like an easy choice to me, but history shows otherwise.

BTW, I know nothing about the trio’s private lives and I think shipping is silly, but I do believe Dan and Emma look cute together. LOL.

Posted by KB Prez on December 13, 2008, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Shaelyn

i like that scene but i’m waaaaaay more excited for “KING’S CROSS” XD

Posted by Shaelyn on December 13, 2008, 01:30 PM report to moderator
harrmione55

Oh Boy! That is one of my favorite part, too ( Ilove them all) and hermione and Ron’s confrontation when Ron asked Hermione to choose between him and Harry, that’s a WOW. Though they have not expressed their love to each other in any of these scenes yet, it’s a betrayal of their friendship. But what I really wants to see is when Ron and Hermione kissed and Harry said if they can continue that later (something like that), It’s so romantic and deserving.

Posted by harrmione55 on December 13, 2008, 02:51 PM report to moderator
enzie

Wouldn’t it be amusing if the entire Harry/Hermione kiss scene was all done CGI, more like it’s described in the book? After all, we know the WB does love their CGI! still gagging at that werewolf

Posted by enzie on December 13, 2008, 04:14 PM report to moderator
brittany

i love that right after ron saves harry…harrys completely gratefult hat rons back & instantly forgives him… it shows how STRONG their friendship is…also when hermione pumbled him after he came back how hurt she was that shows how much she cares about him… also that NO ONE can break thier FRIENDSHIP and they can get through ANYTHING TOGETHER… this movie is going to be GREAT!

and Mora that one b.day party emma had dan or rupert didnt go… so dont just pin point out rupert..

Posted by brittany on December 13, 2008, 04:23 PM report to moderator
catty

I would call it a betrayal. I don’t think it’s too severe a word, for that would’ve been exactly how both Hermione and Harry felt, despite Ron’s motivations, they felt betrayed.
And Emma hasn’t misinterpreted the scene with the omission of Harry’s feelings, she’s just talking about it from Hermione’s perspective.
R/Hr have a relationship outside their commitment to Harry, they would share things with each other that they wouldn’t discuss with Harry i.e; talking about how they thought he had more to go on.’
There was an unspoken trust of their commitment and loyalty to Harry, and by extension, to each other. They had Harry’s back TOGETHER, by rejecting that, he is rejecting her. R/hr are a team, they are joint by their fierce loyalty and love for Harry, and their love for one another.

Posted by catty on December 13, 2008, 07:44 PM report to moderator
caroline

they are not immature screaming and laughing young girls so i think the kissing scenes will be okay for them, they are professional actors after all haha

Posted by caroline on December 13, 2008, 08:58 PM report to moderator
kerri

Im looking forward to the Harry Hermione kiss! Rons anger when he destrys the horcrux is wonderful to read.

Posted by kerri on December 13, 2008, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Joey

I hope they leave well enough alone – and they wont. They will think that they can rewrite it better than the way Mrs. Rowling did and do the scene their way. They already screwed up the first 5 films so why stop now? God I hope they do it right!

Posted by Joey on December 13, 2008, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

can’t wait to see Ron/Hermione in DH and I really hope Emma and Rupert can it pull it off. Their chemistry has to be perfect otherwise it won’t be half as poignant but rather something the filmmakers just thrown together in case you didn’t notice it in earlier films… if that makes any form of sense

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 14, 2008, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Laura

Flora,

That was hilarious. “I’m quite certain that if Steve Kloves had his way, the entire series would have been called Hermione Does Hogwarts (and Ron Doesn’t Exist, La La La).” <-So true.

mollywobbles23,

“My opinion comes in on them having an amazing off screen chemistry as well. (Hand, Foot, Wand ceremony, Paris promotion of OOTP, Unscripted…).”

I KNOW! Where have these guys been??? I am a dedicated HP fan and an interviewaholic so I’ve caught many of the videos and photos serving as promotion for the HP films, and it’s subtle but yet still so evident. Their body language? The way that they turn in unison sometimes, or how she’ll position herself next to him? I mean, I’m not alluding to any romance here, but there is chemistry. The way they both acted at the Paris premiere and that cute little video of them together singing Hedwig’s Theme? C’mon, people! Get with it. You can’t base your stuff solely on the movie things. And how much she talks about Rupert in other interviews! I feel like an outsider here. I’m not trying to be some crazy Emma/Rupert shipper (‘cos shipping of real people that you don’t know is kind of weird), but to say that Emma and Rupert have none at all? That’s just craziness. I loved the R/HR flirting onscreen in OotP. Those furtive glances made me squee like nobody’s business. I look at the little things and I think they count just as much, if not more, than any grandiose actions. Because honestly, go back and pay really close attention to your OotP DVDs and you’ll see what I mean (the looks in the Room of Requirement, the looks at the end walking to the station, the laughing after the Cho kiss, etc.). It’s awesome. I love being an R/HR shipper, and it makes me happy that all the trio feels the same. Dan and Emma have actually been the most vocal out of the three to support R/HR, and it’s so funny because so many of you seem to think that they have greater chemistry.

Posted by Laura on December 14, 2008, 02:57 PM report to moderator

"I merely thought," said Snape, in a voice of forced calm, "that if Potter was wandering around after hours again... it's an unfortunate habit of his... he should be stopped. For -- for his own safety."[br]"Ah, I see," said Moody softly. "Got Potter's bes

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014