Emma Watson Looking Forward to Filming Ron/Hermione Scenes from Silver Doe Chapter for "Deathly Hallows"

Watson
December 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to MTV, where she discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. Noting she has not yet discussed with co-star Rupert Grint the romance and kiss their characters share, Emma Watson is most looking forward to filming another scene between the couple: the emotional reunion that takes place in Chapter 19, "The Silver Doe." Quotage:

“The scene that really touched me is Ron’s betrayal of Hermione, him leaving her. There’s that wonderful scene where he comes back and Hermione just launches herself at him and starts hitting him and is uncontrollably angry at him and disappointed in him for abandoning her. I’m looking forward to that because it felt very real when I read it.”

She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. “I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Ashley

Emma has to kiss Dan too in DH…can you imagine all the snicking, giggling and AWKWARDNESS that’s going to be happening on set?? Gosh, I know it’s a long way off, but I hope they show the OUTTAKES on the DVD after the. movie.

Posted by Ashley on December 12, 2008, 10:31 PM report to moderator
JoeJoe

Remember, the H/Hr and R/Hr kisses must evoke totally different feelings from the trio: the first must cause Ron to feel pain, hurt, anger, to the point where the audience might think Ron will actually stab Harry instead of the locket. The second must show that Ron and Hermione truly love each other, although I don’t know if they’ll actually have it where it takes place in the books, it might remind people of Pirates III and Will and Elizabeth getting married in the middle of a fight :\

To that end, for the movie I would totally go over the top with the H/Hr kiss – have RiddleHarry totally dissing Ron (have Dan dress like Equus, bare-chested with the evil goatee lol), while RiddleHermione dresses slutty and ogles Harry. Make the kiss a real nasty, French kiss betewen them! :[ Remember it’s only acting!

It would make a great scene for the trailer, and a make a great contrast for the true love R/Hr kiss later! :x

Posted by JoeJoe on December 12, 2008, 11:45 PM report to moderator
franlock

You and me both, Emma!

Posted by franlock on December 13, 2008, 01:06 AM report to moderator
margareth_gal

that scene is something we should look forward to… at long last, ron did managed to have the gut to tell hermione how he felt… i guess hermione had already let out a little hint about her having romantic feelings for ron… at the end of the yule ball, well i just heard that when i watched the goblet of fire again a few days ago… she said that if ron had wanted her to go with him at the ball, he should have asked her a little earlier… too bad for ron… but it just increased the excitement of the fans… so good work for jk… another thing, haary had seen them holding each others hands when they were at grimauld place… and harry missed ginny suddenly…

ooh….. i’m blabbing too much again…

Posted by margareth_gal on December 13, 2008, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Laurel from AtE

Potterfantw: "How could the people who picked the actors for this film know if Emma and Rupert would one day have the on screen chemistry to pull off the romance, (plus, they didn’t know back then about the romance anyway.) "

By the time they filmed the first movie, the fourth book was already out. It was quite evident R/H would get together, plus, Jo told them stuff. The directors/producers/whoever picked those particular three actors because they had good chemistry between all three of them.

Posted by Laurel from AtE on December 13, 2008, 03:19 AM report to moderator
Jim

Emma gives an interview without even mentioning Harry (or Dan), and all the delusionals can say is that she’d be more enthusiastic about kissing Dan – despite all of the trio saying a thousand times they’re all just good mates. The fantasy world on these comments pages is something even Jo’s brilliant imagination would struggle to match. Please keep it up, it’s hilarious!

Posted by Jim on December 13, 2008, 03:51 AM report to moderator
Flora

I completely agree, Galadriel, It wasn’t a betrayal of either of them. The Horcrux acted on all of Ron’s insecurities and made him believe that THEY were betraying him. Besides, at this point, he has no idea that she actually LOVES him. Has she said it? No. Has there been a kiss? No.

The fact that Emma Watson doesn’t understand the basic motivation for her own and Ron’s character doesn’t bode well for her portrayal of Hermione in the film, I must say. Perhaps she was too busy doing yet another modelling job for a magazine than taking the time to read and understand the book properly.

Posted by Flora on December 13, 2008, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Lada

Flora, the betrayal Emma meant, was Ron leaving them..

Posted by Lada on December 13, 2008, 04:45 AM report to moderator
galadriel12

I really wouldn’t care the least, should Dan and Emma have the hots for each other (which I personally don’t perceive, but that’s just my view anyway). But if the H/Hr kiss should really look hotter than R/Hr’s, then Dan and Emma, the director, the cameraman, the CGI-person (remember, the H/Hr kiss was Locket-Voldy’s distorted image of Harry and Hermione, not the real thing), the producers, anyone involved, would have done a majorly bad job.

I have no doubt about Rupert’s acting ability and Emma is too much of a R/Hr shipper herself. The R/Hr kiss will rock!!! :)

And I really don’t think Dan and Emma have better chemistry than Rupert and Emma. I have the impression that this perception is mainly due to the influence of the WB’s marketing strategy, because since at least PoA, they shove this whole Harry and his female best friend Hermione dynamic into our faces, to me personally it’s sickening. I love Hermione and her friendship with Harry, but by misrepresenting and understating the Harry/Ron friendship, movie-only people must have get the wrong impression about the romances, IMO.

I am sure Rupert and Emma will nail down the R/Hr romance in DH. They have shown to have fantastic chemistry onscreen, if given the chance by WB (which wasn’t too often unfortunately). Their flirt fest in OotP was quite convincing, IMO.

Just to make clear. I don’t think any of the three fancies any of the other two in real life. I think they are friends and like and respect each other a lot.

Posted by galadriel12 on December 13, 2008, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Danny

For merlin’s sake, what did you Emma expect would say? She was asked about her forthcoming kissing scene with Rupert in the last movie and did you really expect her to say “I hate the idea”? Of course she’d say she’s looking forward to it. But if the way she described the scene is what really appears on the script (don’t know if there is one yet) I suspect Kloves is once again padding Hermione’s role. The “abandonment” scene is not an R/Hr scene. It’s more a betrayal of Harry and their cause than anything else. If it leans towards how Hermione is affected by it, well, we all know the cause. KLoves loves Emma, I mean Hermione.

Posted by Danny on December 13, 2008, 06:11 AM report to moderator
galadriel12

I think I understand what worries you, Danny. I too feel Kloves is unfortunately Emma/Hermione-biased. I mean there is nothing wrong with having Hermione as a fave character. She is an awesome, brilliant, wonderful character. But it should not show in a movie script and if Kloves thinks anything of himself as a professional scriptwriter, he better be objective.

Anyway, as to the scenes. I think Harry and Ron will have their huge reconciliation scene when Ron saves Harry from the pond and destroys the locket. That will (hopefully) make it clear enough how Harry was affected by it.

However, they do include the R/Hr romance in the movies and with regards to that storyline, plus as a friend, Hermione was affected too by Ron’s leaving (I still maintain the opinion ‘betrayal’ is too strong a word for what happened), so I have no problem with them showing it.

If Kloves finally manages to show something as it actually has been written by JKR, then everything will be fine. IF.

Posted by galadriel12 on December 13, 2008, 07:04 AM report to moderator
BonnieRadcliffe

I’m glad that she thinks that that scene is important, and also that she knows that deep down, Ron’s desertion was a betrayal to Hermione, so I liked her using that word =) I’m happy about this because now I know she’ll try to give that scene the relevance it has ^^

Tim, I agree with you, H and Hr’s kiss better not be hotter than R/Hr!! XD People have different opinions on the H/Hr kiss judging by the book. Some think it’s a hot kiss and some think it’s just a peck. I find myself in the second group. Firstly, because it seems that the preliminaries moves prior to that kiss are kind of slow (Riddle-Hermione ‘snaking’ her arms around Riddle-Harry) and secondly, because I think that Ron’s horror shock didn’t last long, so he didn’t give Riddle-H and Riddle-Hr much time to deepen the kiss!! XD

Posted by BonnieRadcliffe on December 13, 2008, 07:14 AM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Lot of kissy talk going on here! On this subject, I guess my favourite scene has to be “OY, There’s a WAR going on!”. What I like the most is how Harry is several times caught uncomfortably in the middle of Ron and Hermiones antiques whether it be a row or a frighteningly loving stare or a kiss.

Posted by Professor Potter on December 13, 2008, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Christine

Jim – You know what? People have many diffferent opinions on you, and we want to express them. Stop thinking you are so mature and NOT delusional. Other people have opinions and Dan and Emma, that’s all. Why should you come in here and try to stop that? People like you make me really angry.

Posted by Christine on December 13, 2008, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Christine

People have many diffferent opinions* < not on you. Lol.

Posted by Christine on December 13, 2008, 10:02 AM report to moderator

"I still can't work out how you two got the best-looking girls in the year," muttered Dean.[br]"Animal magnetism," said Ron gloomily, pulling stray threads out of his cuffs.