Emma Watson Looking Forward to Filming Ron/Hermione Scenes from Silver Doe Chapter for "Deathly Hallows"

Watson
December 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to MTV, where she discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. Noting she has not yet discussed with co-star Rupert Grint the romance and kiss their characters share, Emma Watson is most looking forward to filming another scene between the couple: the emotional reunion that takes place in Chapter 19, "The Silver Doe." Quotage:

“The scene that really touched me is Ron’s betrayal of Hermione, him leaving her. There’s that wonderful scene where he comes back and Hermione just launches herself at him and starts hitting him and is uncontrollably angry at him and disappointed in him for abandoning her. I’m looking forward to that because it felt very real when I read it.”

She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. “I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Neville's Gran

I’m with you Christine. Dan, Rupert, and Emma seem to be good friends, but I’ve always thought there was a special closeness between Dan and Emma. The on-screen chemistry between those two is really strong. It’s no wonder that so many people, who see the movies but haven’t read the books, think the romance should be between Harry and Hermione. I know they both deny any romance, but if they are smitten with each other, they’d never admit it publicly anyhow. I think they’d make a cute couple. If the kiss between Harry and Hermione is kept in DH, I’m sure they’ll have no problem!

Posted by Neville's Gran on December 12, 2008, 06:31 PM report to moderator
H

That scene is hilarious. I like how they call it “emotional” when the emotion is- erm- fury. Hee-hee.

Posted by H on December 12, 2008, 06:37 PM report to moderator
llol

i dont get it. i read that book a hundred times and i didnt spot any harry/hermione kiss!!!

Posted by llol on December 12, 2008, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Anna

What? Didn´t spot the kiss? lol when Ron destroys the locket, harry-riddle and hermione-riddle kiss! Not the real ones.
Yeah, I´m really afraid WB will focus too much on the h/h kiss and ruin the scene. Doon´t!! You have to show Ron´s feelings about it!

Posted by Anna on December 12, 2008, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Anna

To be more specific : “their lips met”. Found that line?

Posted by Anna on December 12, 2008, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Sanju

The whole book is so full of all these wonderful and powerful emotions. I t is really great to see them on screen played by some of the finest actors like Rupert and Emma. Good lord, I really love this part. I seriously think that no one else can play this part better than Emma because she truly is Hermione and Rupert really is Ron. Can’t wait for the movies to release. .

Posted by Sanju on December 12, 2008, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Lori

I think she just can’t wait to hit Rupert.

Posted by Lori on December 12, 2008, 07:14 PM report to moderator
llol

oh…

Posted by llol on December 12, 2008, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Mora

“i think she just can’t wait to hit Rupert”you are too delusional,i guess..

Posted by Mora on December 12, 2008, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Christine

Exactly Gran! Everyone thinks that Harry and Hermione should be together! It’s frustrating – like literally frustrating to find people like that. I’m pretty sure that Rupert and Emma are not as close as we all think they are. I’ve watched many interviews, bts clips, tons, and it always seems like Emma is more into Dan. I don’t know, it just worries me that she won’t be like BAM with Rupert. But instead she’ll be pretty darn happy with Dan. I mean, she hasn’t talked to Rupert about the kiss? I’m pretty sure she’d talk to Dan about it… or maybe they’ve already kissed before? Hm, maybe I’m just being weird…

Posted by Christine on December 12, 2008, 08:14 PM report to moderator
potterfantw

I think that the problem with the newest Harry Potter films is that the actors/actresses were picked at such a young age. Of course, this is neccessary, but as the characters grew, and the actors grew, they didn’t always go in the same direction. Whilst in the beginning, they were believable, the chemistry between the actors/actresses for the last few films couldn’t really be predicted when the actors were so young. How could the people who picked the actors for this film know if Emma and Rupert would one day have the on screen chemistry to pull off the romance, (plus, they didn’t know back then about the romance anyway.) And they wouldn’t have known that Dan and Emma would have the chemistry needed to pull off romance.
If the films had been made once the whole book series had been done, and people knew that ron + hermione would end up a couple, and if they didn’t neccessarily stick to the same cast, but picked actors for not only their talent, but the chemistry they have, then maybe this wouldn’t be a problem. And people are only mentioning Ron and Hermione, what about Harry and Ginny, who have had about 5 scenes together in the whole series? I hope they make it work! But, I still think that all of the actors do great jobs as their characters.
Whilst I love Harry Potter, and everything to do with it, I’d say the films are the worst part of the Harry Potter world. How can any film portray Jo’s work and do it justice – it’s not possible because films are restricted!

Posted by potterfantw on December 12, 2008, 09:00 PM report to moderator
jasmine

I have to agree that many people like a H/Hr pairing. Dan once remarked in an interview that HP is not a democracy. Just becaus we like it doesn’t mean JKR will change the story to suit us. Those in the HP fandom know it’s R/Hr but the non book readers are intrigued by that H/Hr pair perhaps because of Dan and emma’s chemistry onscreen. I really have a feeling that they’re going to include that kiss in the last movie and it would be so disappointltily funny if that kiss has more impact than the R/Hr kiss. HOpe emma will have improved in acting by that time to give it the proper nuance. Those are two different kisses, you know.

Posted by jasmine on December 12, 2008, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Lily Potter :)

OMG !!! I LOVE EMMA !! She’s soo real about it all and i can totally agree with her about how Hermione made her feel after Ron’s return. It makes me extremly happy that she loved Deathly Hallows because that’s how we will know that she takes her job and work seriously and to heart, because of how much it means to her

Posted by Lily Potter :) on December 12, 2008, 09:47 PM report to moderator
oh please

“She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. ‘I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.’ "

Good to know Emma isn’t floating around the Land of the Delusionals with so many others. While she may not be any sort of gift to acting, she has much more integrity as an actress than to go around flaunting whatever ‘chemistry’ some people think they see between her and Dan. I can, however, understand how those people are seeing Dan/Emma chemistry as somehow superior to that between Rupert and Emma. If, after DH, all we’ve learned, and all JKR has told us, they can still believe H/Hr should and will happen, heaven knows they can talk themselves into anything.

Posted by oh please on December 12, 2008, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Ashley

Emma has to kiss Dan too in DH…can you imagine all the snicking, giggling and AWKWARDNESS that’s going to be happening on set?? Gosh, I know it’s a long way off, but I hope they show the OUTTAKES on the DVD after the. movie.

Posted by Ashley on December 12, 2008, 10:29 PM report to moderator

"Professor Dumbledore said we is free to -- to --"[br]Dobby looked suddenly nervous and beckoned Harry closer. Harry bent forward. Dobby whispered, "He said we is free to call him a -- a barmy old codger if we likes, sir!"[br]Dobby gave a frightened sort