Emma Watson Looking Forward to Filming Ron/Hermione Scenes from Silver Doe Chapter for "Deathly Hallows"

Watson
December 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to MTV, where she discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. Noting she has not yet discussed with co-star Rupert Grint the romance and kiss their characters share, Emma Watson is most looking forward to filming another scene between the couple: the emotional reunion that takes place in Chapter 19, "The Silver Doe." Quotage:

“The scene that really touched me is Ron’s betrayal of Hermione, him leaving her. There’s that wonderful scene where he comes back and Hermione just launches herself at him and starts hitting him and is uncontrollably angry at him and disappointed in him for abandoning her. I’m looking forward to that because it felt very real when I read it.”

She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. “I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

CassandraM

Did Ron lose his temper, or was it the locket Horcrux that caused Ron to walk out? Wearing it seemed to affect him worse than the other two (his own self-doubt being magnified?), and he was wearing it right before he walked out, because Harry makes him give it back before Ron leaves the tent.

It should be a good, scene, and I hope Emma can pull it off. Sometimes her performance comes too much from her head, and not from instinct.She’s acting like she’s acting like Hermione, not simply acting. It doesn’t seem to come to her as naturally as it does to Dan or Rupert. Which makes going to “uni” a very good idea.

Posted by CassandraM on December 12, 2008, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Christine

Tim – Oh my goodness, I totally agree! “You know darn well Dan will return Emma’s kiss with gusto!” Well put. And you know what? I’m pretty sure Emma will return the kiss with “gusto” also. I know they’ve always had a thing between them. Which is why I’m really worried about the R/Hr kiss. I hope Emma really seriously puts herself into that kiss, or else I’ll be really super fricken bummed!

Posted by Christine on December 12, 2008, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Ki

The two times Ron and Harry fell out for an extended period of time (GoF and DH) in the books Harry was always miserable or irritated when he spent time with Hermione. They are such a boring pair to read.

In OOTP, at one point, didn’t Harry say Hermione reminded him of Ron’s mom. lol

Posted by Ki on December 12, 2008, 04:48 PM report to moderator
ChelseaOM

I totally agree with Christine and Tim! There just seems to be more chemistry between Emma and Dan throughout the films and that worries me. Emma kissing Rupert might just be awkard- we’ll see.

Ron left for a number of personal issues that were heightened by the Horcrux being around his neck- Ron being know for a temper anyway. “Betrayed” is a heavy word but he did walk out on both Harry and Hermione. And Hermione was in the rain screaming for him to come back but he kept walking till he disapparated so in that sense, it was betrayal and I can empathize.

In the end, this whole book has a number of scenes that require raw emotion. I really hope the actors can pull them off without overacting them.

Posted by ChelseaOM on December 12, 2008, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Natalie

Ron/Hermione = <33

Posted by Natalie on December 12, 2008, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Roonil Wazlib

I also hope the direction is a bit better than the customary Harry/Hermione embraces (e.g. meeting at the Burrow at the beginning of OtP) we’ve gotten so far. I know Emma’s up to it, but I wouldn’t trust Yates to do it right any farther than I could throw him. As far as kisses; Harry and Ginny’s moment of truth was for me the best moment in the entire series. If they screw that up I’ll…I’ll…I don’t even want to go there.

Posted by Roonil Wazlib on December 12, 2008, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Jim

I see the delusionals are out in force tonight.

Posted by Jim on December 12, 2008, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Ki

CassandraM, yup, you’re right. The locket was influencing his thoughts. Remember he totally flipped out right after hearing about his sister being caught stealing the sword by the man who murdered Dumbledore. We can only imagine what was going through his head at that moment. His whole family is a target and they are all on the frontlines fighting this war. His father is being watched by the Ministry, his brother’s ear got cursed off and his sister is stuck at Hogwarts with Deatheaters in charge. He must have felt so helpless and angry, especially with the Trio just wasting time camping all over the UK starving and getting nowhere fast.

So he snapped. With the help of the locket distorting his thoughts and making them sound worse than they probably were… he got into that fight with Harry…etc.

It was only until he took off that locket and walked out did he suddenly come back to his senses. He wanted to go back IMMEDIATELY but he couldn’t.

You know, Voldy’s horcruxes have only ever messed with two people in Harry life with mind control/possession/manipulation. Ginny and Ron. They happen to be the two most important people in Harry’s life. Ironic?

I’m really glad JKR included the rocky relationship between Harry and Ron. It just show how strong their bond is and how much they have developed over the years. You don’t really see that with Harry and Hermione. She never challenges Harry. Sometimes, I almost feel like she is afraid of him. Ron stands up to and challenges both Harry and Hermione… sometimes it costs him more grief than he would have liked. lol

Posted by Ki on December 12, 2008, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Ki

Chelsea, how do you know Ron hadn’t apparated before Hermione even got out there? The protection spell around the tent is only a few steps away from where it ends and Hermione was held back by her own shield charm, which she had to disarm before she could even get outside and stop him. Ron would have been gone way before that.

So. You wanna re-think that whole betrayal thing? Where was the intent when Ron was extremely emotional from a fight with his best friend, worried sick for his family and had that bloody locket poisoning his mind even further? DO you really think he meant to leave for good?

The trio all have tempers I don’t know why you single out Ron. Harry was absolutely mental in OOTP. Hermione is so bossy and can put you down (usually with Ron) when she gets pissed off.

Posted by Ki on December 12, 2008, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Mimblewimble

I really look forward to the Ron’s return scene. Some of the funniest lines in the entire series are spoken by Hermione when she is angry, and Ron’s return shows AngryHermione at her absolute best. Riveting reading. Of course the movies will never be close to as good as the books, but they’re still fun to watch.

Posted by Mimblewimble on December 12, 2008, 05:37 PM report to moderator
alyssa

Hahaha i loved that part it was hilarious!!!!! =D

Posted by alyssa on December 12, 2008, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Georgia

OHH SWEEET!!!

I REALLY HOPE EMMA GOES ABSOLUTLEY NUTS HITTING RUPERT!

bahhahhaha I love Ron and Hermione <3

Posted by Georgia on December 12, 2008, 06:07 PM report to moderator
sabosh

why emma and rupert didnt discuss this kiss yet if they are really so close friend???? i think we all know the answer.. they have really chemstry.. they like eachother but they cant show their feelings because of the media i guess..

Posted by sabosh on December 12, 2008, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Jessie

Ki- When Ron comes back he admits that he heard Hermione calling out for him, so Chelsea’s assertion is valid.

Posted by Jessie on December 12, 2008, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Mora

Sabosh,they aren’t “so close”he wasn’t in her birthday’s party and Rupert ISN’T her type of guy so don’t be delusional.I can’t wait for the last movie!!

Posted by Mora on December 12, 2008, 06:30 PM report to moderator

"You has to eat this, sir!" squeaked the elf, and he put his hand in the pocket of his shorts and drew out a ball of what looked like slimy, grayish-green rat tails. "Right before you go into the lake, sir -- gillyweed!"[br]"What's it do?" said Harry...[b